Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

taichi is the saddest because he can only play karuta well when chihaya isnt there and that is sad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

and then how the only person who knew that he won all of his matches at the last tournament was the hot and sexy milf teacher lady, which isnt really that bad of a thing :mrgw:, but it is still sad that no one else realized it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cake Attack posted:

i want taichi to win

that luck of the draw loss against porky was rough... he knew the cards man

That scene was tense as hell and awesome, as well as Tsutomu going ham with his gambit and almost running it back against Kana. Probably my favorite matches so far.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 16, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like when Taichi and Desktomu play because of the way they explain their strategies, whereas some of the other players can get by on raw talent.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Fangz posted:

I like when Taichi and Desktomu play because of the way they explain their strategies, whereas some of the other players can get by on raw talent.
Yeah it's nice that the show shows a strong breadth of ways that people approach competitive play. You see people who rely purely on technical skill and developing their instincts all the way to people who rely on intellectually developing theories and strategies.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Okay, I've come around to Sumire and Tsukoba. They're cool. Show's cool. (That loss in the regional high school tournament was heartbreaking. :cry:)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

retro is a top tier character

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Yeah I really liked Sumire by the end of Season 2. Especially because it felt like she was finally starting to accept that waiting on Taichi to fall out of love with Chihaya is a huge waste of her time/not going to happen. Whichever.

This means that I liked the OVA a lot. Was just an atypical episode(s?) of a show I love.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sumire is cuter without the makeup on

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

taichi a thirsty nigga

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they better beat this team in the semi-finals that's giving them no respect

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I'm sick and because of this thread I'm rewatching Chihayafuru. I really forgot how much I love this show. Taichi is such an arrogant dick as a kid, but he becomes so awesome.

I would date Taichi. But only if Kana didn't exist.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I really wish this show had more recognition when it came out, as it's easily one my top 5 favorite tbh

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
This thread needs more gifs of Chihaya eating chocolates

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Hace posted:

I really wish this show had more recognition when it came out, as it's easily one my top 5 favorite tbh
All I remember from it coming out is people talking about how awesome it is. I think it's one of those things where you have to be in the right circles to hear any useful hype.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ahaha, arata's parents cheering against him is the best

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Horizontal Tree posted:

This thread needs more gifs of Chihaya eating chocolates

If you insist.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Dammit, I totally thought Chihaya had it against Megumu. Chihaya never gets a break in the big matches. :negative:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Chihaya is just a B+ player.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Hace posted:

Chihaya is just a B+ player.

Is Nishida going to snap one day and powerbomb Taichi onto the edge of a tatami mat? :ohdear:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
FIGHT PORKY FIGHT

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Finished Season 2. Why isn't there a Season 3 yet? :negative:

Poor Taichi. My heart actually sank when Chihaya said that she loved Arata. :( She's gotta feel something for Taichi too, though, right?!?

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 19, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I don't like Kana.

i would've voted for Harada or the female teacher from the rival school (I forget if she's in the show or not).

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I did not expect this gag and I lost it when it happened.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Finished Season 2. Why isn't there a Season 3 yet? :negative:

Poor Taichi. My heart actually sank when Chihaya said that she loved Arata. :( She's gotta feel something for Taichi too, though, right?!?

i choose to believe she means it in a platonic, karuta type way. arata is a butt and i hope taichi beats him in love, then karuta.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I hope Taichi wins in love but loses in Caruta.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, gently caress it, I'm gonna read the manga, what chapter does the anime finish at?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, gently caress it, I'm gonna read the manga, what chapter does the anime finish at?

Don't do it. You'll be left wanting more. Chapter 93 if you must though. Scanlations are kinda sporadic and they may have skipped through matches. It's been a while but I remember that being an annoying thing the scanlators would do is skip the match and jump back to the drama, and eventually they would go back to fill in the blanks I think.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 20, 2015

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

What's up with them swinging their hands repeatedly after a card gets taken

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Allarion posted:

Don't do it. You'll be left wanting more. Chapter 93 if you must though. Scanlations are kinda sporadic and they may have skipped through matches. It's been a while but I remember that being an annoying thing the scanlators would do is skip the match and jump back to the drama, and eventually they would go back to fill in the blanks I think.

Well, that's loving stupid. Thanks though.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Nah, it's all complete up to chapter 140 at the moment.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Taichi can only suffer, Chihaya is his kryptonite.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Everyone knows that Chihaya's going to marry a card game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, it's all complete now, but it was a thing that happened a few times that you can notice from the upload dates. I just remember how there was one story critical match that was just about to start, and then the next update was just the end of that match, skipping a few chapters in between. It eventually got filled in, but it irked me at the time. Also, fair warning for anyone who wants to catch up, you're just gonna catch up to despair since the story's currently on a downbeat at the moment. It's one of my main concerns about a season 3 because a lot of stuff does happen, but I'm not sure if it's enough to have a satisfying resolution for a season arc. Then again, s2 did do well enough despite ending how it did so maybe it can work out again for s3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

Everyone knows that Chihaya's going to marry a card game.
shinobu-chan isnt a card game

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Endorph posted:

shinobu-chan isnt a card game

I'll grant you that, but the two of them are going to marry KCaruta first.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Concurred posted:

What's up with them swinging their hands repeatedly after a card gets taken

APM spam.

...CPM spam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I would totally wear a Caruta shirt.