Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW oops caps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This was my favorite shot in the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the following moments are even better because Chihaya doesn't even blink, usually that moment would be a trigger for romantic tension, but she is just completely fixated on the match...I love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxebYxY9NXE

:worship:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The movie requires a heavy dose of BERR DERR DERR-DE-DERRRR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haruhi: 2010 - ?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My dreams of season three will NEVER DIE.

Theres a Chihayafuru related announcement happening on Dec 15th...im assuming more live action movies but please...please...season 3...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the greatest news of my life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should have a simulwatch thread of s1/2 in the lead up. Do they still do simulwatches in this forum, this is the only thread I've checked in the last 3 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's not get greedy people, we will have plenty of years to pine for season 4 once season 3 is done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ne7oNIMJyA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for bumping this thread without any news but I wanna get a Chihaya av, to support the website before it dies and because I've been using this Totoko av for years now. This is the vibe i was looking for, pulled a snip from the first OP:

but clearly needs to be edited down in some way, BUT I don't want to lose the yukata, calm demeanor, etc. I am also terrible at making avatars, so any help would be greatly appreciated. the space in here, basically:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You are a monster, but thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It had a drat good run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat those top two are aces...I'll try to cut her out and make the BG transparent (big fan of transparency instead of squares)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also worth mentioning that Season 3 got a date, will be premiering in April https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-12/chihayafuru-anime-3rd-season-reveals-visual-april-premiere/.139378 Somebody start the countdown timer!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wrapped up my rewatch in preparation for Season 3. I love this show, and especially season 2 for spending almost 3/4ths if the whole season on just 2 days of pulse pounding, heart throbbing Karuta drama. I can't wait!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only surprising bummer from watching again was that I forgot how much season 2 seemed to have been rushed or under production crunch, there's a stretch towards the end that's like, recap episode, 2 episodes of a match, another recap episode, match concludes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gotta watch when I get home. This is supremely exciting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Episode 3 of this new season instantly became one of my favorite episodes of anime ever. I wonder just how many characters had speaking lines in just those 22 minutes. It was all the great parts of chihayafuru condensed into a single, screamingly tense match with a palpable sense of narrative history from every single person who piped in for 3 seconds to furrow their brow and talk about how cool karuta is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I still want to get a Chihaya av of her in a kimono...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope when chihaya inevitably makes it to a queen match they animate it Kaiji Pachinko style and spend 17 episodes to painstakingly show every single card that gets read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sweet eppy this week. Glad arata's been getting more screentime and monologuing beyond his usual silently brooding presence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I got something explained to me today and this started playing in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV9V_VpsmoU

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I blinked today and this starte dplaying in my head, much like the last 3 years of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ne7oNIMJyA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do we know how many episodes this season will be? I'm worried about how sad I'll be when it ends again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Morio Asaka doesn’t seem to be scheduled to do anything after this season so I’m hoping that they’re planning on getting a season 4 going next year.

Definitely my anime of the season.

That would be sick...