Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Man I really need to rewatch the first two seasons of this before season three comes out, I loved it. Loved the entire cast, pretty much.

except taichi, taichi loving sucks i hate him so much fuckin male entitlement rear end rich boy mothefucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Maybe season 3 will make me like him but the entirety of Taichi's arc in seasons 1 & 2 completely failed to endear him to me in any way, and I actively wanted him to fail. His attachment to Chihaya just reads to me as completely possessive, one-sided, and just refuses to recognize that he'd been rejected from the beginning.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I finished my own rewatch and I will admit I remembered Taichi being worse than he is, but even still he has a hard time endearing himself with how he tries to take control of Chihaya's life constantly

That one black mark aside, man, Chihayafuru is fantastic and I love it. Can't wait for season 3.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Episode 1 and the first half of episode 2 had some kinda weird, off-kilter pacing, but they've pulled it together rather well by the latter half and episode 3, now. Chihayafuru's back in business

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The only character in Chihayafuru I dislike is Taichi, which is kind of a pain in the rear end since he's the deuteragonist, but the rest of the cast being as wonderful as it is vastly makes up for that and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Extremely good chapter but after 250 chapters of Chihaya clearly being written as being romantically interested in Arata and platonically in Taichi, this literal last minute switch is bizarre.