Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do *you* want to date?
Chihaya
Kana
Taichi
Arata
Porky
Tsutomu
Hisashi
Shinobu
that tiny motherfucker that styled on taichi
Retro
View Results

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I watched both seasons because everyone in the chat thread was talking about it and absolutely loved it. I suggested it to a friend, and he watches the first two episodes and asks me when they'll stop going on about boring poetry games, so now I think I have to sever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
After reading the two newest chapters, I'm wondering if some more of the new members will ever see any character growth, or if they're just background props.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Two new chapters are up.

http://bato.to/reader#378ab06e05de37a7

It's been so long that I don't remember how the tournament structure works. There was a point system right, not straight up elimination? How many hoops are they going to have to jump through to remain in contention?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter http://bato.to/reader#72d418cb9488b612

i'm glad for hyoro, it's finally a thousand losses, one win

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
such a good chapter

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
man, i think this series gives me the most misty eyes out of any sports manga i've read

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
These chapters are leaving me so misty eyed.

Also it's been so long that I'm blanking on what was the trigger for Arata being thrown off of his game.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
chihaya forcing herself to think brain good was amazing

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does the translation/localization/qc for this chapter seem a little worse than usual?

"Serizawa-san does not evict that image"? that's pretty egregious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i started tearing up reading the latest chapter, which i don't often do when reading manga. especially when it's not outright tearjerker bait

but god drat it, chihaya has just come so far