Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So what you all are saying is, go to target to get a nu3DS friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Misandu posted:

Has anyone received a shipping notification yet? Mine's been sitting as Open forever.

Let me tell you how lovely and dumb GS is.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
People on Reddit and I believe in the 3DS thread here on SA have mentioned getting shipping notifications, and I know I've seen people say they've been charged, as early as Saturday.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
GAME in the UK ships early because they promise on-release delivery, so sometimes stuff gets here a day or two early. Gamestop has a UK division but I've never used it because everyone complains about them.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hm, I wonder if I'll get an email; I preordered in the store, not online, but I used my information that has my email and stuff.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Junkie Disease posted:

Let me tell you how lovely and dumb GS is.

I nearly mistook that as "an opinion" on Great Swords instead of Gamestop. :v:

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Walmart's even worst. I got charged for my order like the first day of February and the drat thing is still in Processing despite the local store having the game already.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

So what you all are saying is, go to target to get a nu3DS friday

Honestly the only reason I'm getting it from GS is because they have that trade-in deal for $75 off the n3DS.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

GameStop charged me for a n3DS but it hasn't shipped yet. Luckily I ordered the game from Amazon and they usually get me packages a day early so I'm going to be able to play on my old 3DS at least.

King Chicken
Apr 23, 2009
Oh man it's gonna be hard to bowgun without a second stick after being so used to the WiiU version. gently caress it, I'll main Greatsword and Lance if it's a problem and kill monsters anyways.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Multiplayer is still going to be region-locked, isn't it? I need to be sure for ~reasons~ and I just want to believe it isn't. :negative:

Damone
May 3, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Multiplayer is still going to be region-locked, isn't it? I need to be sure for ~reasons~ and I just want to believe it isn't. :negative:

As far as I know, it never was. I've been playing with US goons from the EU for a while now, 3U and the 4U demo.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Oh, I meant to be a little more specific. I'm talking about MH4U players being able to play with MH4G (JP) players thanks to Nintendo region-locking systems.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
4G and 4U are not compatible.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's actually Capcoms region locking.

And yes you can't play with the Japanese

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Kudos to who posted this in the last thread, it should belong in every MH thread until the end of time

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

This is the ultimate goal of every single hunt from the moment the game is in my hands.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I still haven't gotten past the first set of HR missions in 3U, and I'm running out of time to get them done :negative:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I was expecting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

C-Euro posted:

I still haven't gotten past the first set of HR missions in 3U, and I'm running out of time to get them done :negative:

If it makes you feel any better people got Tri for the Wii up and running fully to the point where you can break the game and one hit kill anything including formerly online only missions.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sage Grimm posted:

I nearly mistook that as "an opinion" on Great Swords instead of Gamestop. :v:

I would never besmirch the Greatest of Swords

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Junkie Disease posted:

I would never besmirch the Greatest of Swords

I dunno I just think they're just alright, not great though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Oh, I meant to be a little more specific. I'm talking about MH4U players being able to play with MH4G (JP) players thanks to Nintendo region-locking systems.

This is actually in the OP. :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Taint Reaper posted:

If it makes you feel any better people got Tri for the Wii up and running fully to the point where you can break the game and one hit kill anything including formerly online only missions.

No I meant I haven't finished aingle-player for 3U and soon I'll have to start on 4U or be behind again.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This is actually in the OP. :v:

quote:

Can I play with people from different regions in 4 Ultimate's online?
Yes! The game will support cross-region online play (only between NA/PAL copies of the game).
To split hairs, this isn't entirely clear w/r/t NTSC-J games and how people who might even actually buy a 3DS just for this game might not know about Capcom's locking, even though I'm not one of those people and do know better.

I just can't get over the fact that I have an IRL friend who has to exclusively import natively Japanese portable systems to play unlocalized Senran Kagura games :cripes:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Excuse me, don't judge. I regularly import consoles to buy Hatsune Miku games, and That's OK.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

2 days

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

My courier will probably get it here tomorrow morning, since they hate saturday deliveries. Of course knowing my luck it'll arrive at like 8:30, giving me 15 minutes before i have to leave for work...

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno I just think they're just alright, not great though.

Yeah they're more like Fantastic Swords

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Monster Fighter weapons:

Big Sword
Long Skinny Sword
Weird Sword
Other Weird Sword
Two swords
Hammer
Noisy Hammer
Pokey thing
Explodey and pokey thing
Gun
Bug Staff

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Monster Fighter weapons:

Big Sword
Long Skinny Sword
Weird Sword
Other Weird Sword
Two swords
Hammer
Noisy Hammer
Pokey thing
Explodey and pokey thing
Gun
Bug Staff

Which one is Noisy Hammer?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Monster Fighter weapons:

Great Sword
Long Sword
Charge Sword
Sometimes Sword
Dual Swords
Blunt Sword
Singing Sword
Needle Sword
Needle Shotgun Sword
Bow Sword (Shoots thin swords)
Gun Sword
Heavy Gun Sword
Staff Sword

Fixed that for you. And now sword doesn't look like a word. Guh.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

C-Euro posted:

No I meant I haven't finished aingle-player for 3U and soon I'll have to start on 4U or be behind again.

single player missions have no bearing on multiplayer.

Offline mode has usually had less powerful monsters than online mode and if you sink time into online mode you can clear offline mode easily.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

deadly_pudding posted:

Which one is Noisy Hammer?

hunting horn

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

Bow Sword (Shoots thin swords)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
This will be my first Monster Hunter so I'm hype. Trying to convince friends to get it. Any chance goons will be rolling some monster hunter crews to take down dragons and poo poo?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
There should be an irc link in the op you can use to organize.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

chaos rhames posted:

Added a mibbit URL

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

chaos rhames posted:

I yelled at Emalde in IRC to update this... It's fixed now. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seanticleer
Oct 23, 2014
Listen to my tale of Gamestop fuckery, ye nerds, and tremble.

When I heard about the Collector's Edition [not the special N3DS] back in October, I immediately went to Gamestop and attempted to pre-order one (I thought Gamestop was the only retailer accepting pre-orders for it, stupid me.) They told me it was too early to pre-order, but it's never too early to pre-buy! So I paid the full amount, left with a gigantic receipt, blithely happy in my naivety.

This week, after hearing on the previous thread about orders not coming in on time, I attempt to get info on my order. Lo, I did not pay for same-day shipping (which I for some reason didn't realize needed to be specified), and thus it will be delivered to me sometime over the next two weeks. I attempt to change that order, give them more money to ship it faster, but their orders are "set in stone." I can't even cancel it, I have to look up my original order number, located somewhere on that ancient receipt, and return it once it is delivered to me.

Clearly I have to hunt monsters at the FIRST POSSIBLE MOMENT I CAN or my life is hollow, so which of these options seems the least loving stupid:

1.) Buying the game retail on day one from anywhere but Gamestop, keeping THAT receipt, waiting for my special edition, switching out the game inside of that for the one I've been playing and return the new game with the old receipt,

2.) Ordering the special edition on Amazon and getting proper shipping, then returning the tainted Gamestop version when it arrives, or

3.) Third thing I haven't thought of yet.

There are far more important things to worry about I'm aware, but gently caress me if I can't kill monsters at the nearest available opportunity.

Seanticleer fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 11, 2015

• Locked thread