Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I think coffee snob coffee is overrated.

the good stuff is smoother, but not that much better that I'm willing to shell out lots of money in gear just to get a slightly better cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

axolotl farmer posted:

the good stuff is smoother, but not that much better that I'm willing to shell out lots of money in gear just to get a slightly better cup.

only accept the very best in life

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Granbar posted:

only accept the very best in life

I'm sick of crushing my enemies, see them driven before me and hearing the lamentations of their women.

I'd rather have a good enough cup of coffee from my mocha pot.

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

i hear you, luckily there was decent gear here before i got here and i think between the 4 coffee drinkers and the dirt cheap cost of green beans it was well worth it. if i was living alone i'd have like, a hand-crank burr grinder and a v60

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only expensive coffee things I bought were a burr grinder and an insulated French press. the insulated press makes a bigger difference and was the cheaper of the two.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i rubber band a little hand towel around my french press and its pretty fail

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah I did that w/ my original press and its no good. this is the one I got because of the high win levels http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FEF1DM it was like $36 at the time

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
My last piss smelled 5% like urine and 95% like coffee. I peed in the shower so the smell was really strong and now I really want more :coffee:

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Before anyone suggests it, im not drinking my piss.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Flat Daddy posted:

My last piss smelled 5% like urine and 95% like coffee. I peed in the shower so the smell was really strong and now I really want more :coffee:

nice

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
i had coffee from my favorite coffee place this morning

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
I'm having :coffee: right now @ 18:31. just woke up. student life BITCHES.

anwayy.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

axolotl farmer posted:

my mocha pot.

:what:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone in yospos IRC recommended an aeropress to me and i dont remember who they are but they kind of own

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Eonwe posted:

someone in yospos IRC recommended an aeropress to me and i dont remember who they are but they kind of own

they r good im thinking of getting some kind of pourover though due to extreme laziness

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

one of these:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

axolotl farmer posted:

one of these:

you called it a mocha pot tho like it somehow incorporates chocolate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drinking come coffee. made it in my epic french press

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drinkin it outa my 2nd fav 99c store mug.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sniep posted:

you called it a mocha pot tho like it somehow incorporates chocolate

it's supposed to be 'moka' not 'mocha'

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sniep is a moka pot fanatic and hes being severely pedantic and wormy - because he enjoys needling people every now and then

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Smythe posted:

sniep is a moka pot fanatic and hes being severely pedantic and wormy - because he enjoys needling people every now and then

I like French presses too!

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
the aeropress is p. great but doesn't cut it when you want multiple cups of coffee (to share, or just to be indulgent) and tbh works better for filtering plant matter out of yr weed butter than coffee when you transition to chemex for making multiple cups at once

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

*in retarded american voice* all you need to make your coffee taste good is an expensive machine, imported organic beans and a cup with a douchey phrase on.

Me: I just add milk and sugar like a normal person.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i add sugar when i make a fail cup

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

unless you live in South America or Indonesia, all your coffee beans are imported.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

or some other place where they grow the stuff nitpickers

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Knuc U Kinte posted:

a cup with a douchey phrase on.

i didn't know they made coffee cups with your posts on them

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
uh, i don't have any mugs with douchey phrases on them, idiot. i get all my mugs as swag from conventions and trade shows :smuggo:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
*sips coffee from redhat mug*

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

uh, i don't have any mugs with douchey phrases on them, idiot. i get all my mugs as swag from conventions and trade shows :smuggo:

most of my coffee mugs are from my local municipal governments gift shops

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
doesn't oz and nz have their own fussy coffee culture? i think i remember hearing that espresso and lattes are really popular there and they have their own thing called flat white

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
source: my sister lived in oz for a year like 10 years ago so maybe the coffee culture died out since then

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

doesn't oz and nz have their own fussy coffee culture? i think i remember hearing that espresso and lattes are really popular there and they have their own thing called flat white

its probably condensed milk + coffee grounds like their chip dip or w/e

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Kenny Logins posted:

flat white is everywhere now, had one in london back in 2012

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
fussy coffee culture is everywhere.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

apparently it's so prevalent in oz/nz that starbucks et al. have a hard time getting a foothold because there's been a culture of greek/espresso cafes for the past 100 years. they're so fussy they don't care for starbucks at all

which is really a point in their favor at the end of the day

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 4, 2015

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
starbucks has lovely coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

there's probably a Starbucks at every corner there now, but when I went to Greece in the late 90s, there were only two kinds of coffee available: kafe elliniko, which is a shotsize cup that's half grounds and Nescafé.

kafe elleniko is actually really good, you have to wait several minutes for the grounds to settle, and then you have a few sips of some really strong coffee.

saying something along the lines of 'oh, it's like Turkish coffee then?' is pretty much asking for a fight.

• Locked thread