Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

they're all good, but 4, 5 & 8 are my favs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

8 on the ps2 owns

dq9 for the ds ain't bad either but they nerfed fun stuff from 8

9 is fun to play dress up with but i wouldn't recommend it as an intro game, it's somewhat lacking the charm of the previous games due to the fact that you just make your own characters and they never say anything.

4, 5 & 6 remakes are on DS as well and would be a much better starting point imo.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my hypothesis holds true

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Main difference between FF & DQ fans when asked, "What is the best game in the series?"

FF Fan 1: DURRR uewaah, *farts and craps* well obviously # is the best and anyone who says otherwise is a child basically.
FF Fan 2: Yeah, if you like poo poo shoveled into your gaping maw, you're right.

DQ Fan 1: Well I really enjoyed DQ4 for the way it structured each individuals story into one grand adventure with friends.
DQ Fan 2: Not a bad choice at all my man, but I liked DQ5 just a little bit more on account it was one of my first RPGs ever.
DQ Fan 1: I can respect that, oh and DQ8 is loving amazing as well.
DQ Fan 2: True.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the bosses in 6 were the hardest in the series imo, and the final story boss required some serious class grinding to even stand a chance. it was weird and cool to lose multiple boss fights in a DQ game, tho it was probably in large part due to my dancer not listening to commands.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kild posted:

I only liked the ones on Gameboy. (Dragonquest 4 + Monsters 1+2)
9 on DS was kind of bad. 7 I didn't like cus it has a 2 hour intro before you fight even your first slime. It also requires you to scavenger hunt to get to new worlds

8 is hit or miss you either love it or you don't.

i've never heard anyone dislike DQ8?? plus it has the best voice acting in videogames

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ralp posted:

I really liked #4 (4 in US)

that's my fav of the 2d games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Sd9HP8njA

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

the voice aciting in the scene where the hero sneaks up on the guy who stole trodes horse makes me rofl

it's the best voice acting in gaming, and i'll repeat this until i die

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

freaking lmao. i've never played a dragon quest game, but this vid makes me want to

you need to fix that asap

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ8 skills & battle speed felt fine to me, and that's not nostalgia i actually played it again a couple years ago. if you want to experience REAL slow battles play FF9

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you're incredibly fucktarded, ole boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

seiferguy posted:

If you've never played a DQ game which one should you start with

4, 5 or 8

• Locked thread