Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Nihnoz posted:

I hate 9 with a frothing intensity and would declare blood vendetta on somebody if they said it was their favorite.

its now my favorite :dukedog:

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Kild posted:

I only liked the ones on Gameboy. (Dragonquest 4 + Monsters 1+2)
9 on DS was kind of bad. 7 I didn't like cus it has a 2 hour intro before you fight even your first slime. It also requires you to scavenger hunt to get to new worlds

8 is hit or miss you either love it or you don't.

DQ8 is all hit no miss

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

starbarry clock posted:

dragon quest 3 for teh gbc is the only one ive beaten but ive seen the ps2 one get played by a friend and it looks pretty cool idr which it was either 7 8 or 9 ???
https://www.myflare.com/0/io/hotlink/8pvg7rI1EeSwdSICCv5XYw/DDWLIMBO.swf

5 & 8 are on ps2

the ps2 version of 5 looks really good to

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

holy poo poo hahaha N**ger in a nintendo game.. thats wild!

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

you can buy the DS version of DQ5 on amazon for 45 dollars with free shipping

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQ8 skills & battle speed felt fine to me, and that's not nostalgia i actually played it again a couple years ago. if you want to experience REAL slow battles play FF9

yeah I'm playing lost odyssey atm and that has slow battles dq8 is fine

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

DQ 4 was the worst, because you have to do the early boring level grinding that's the worst part 5 separate times, then they don't let you control any of your party members for the rest of the game. wtf dq4.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

seiferguy posted:

If you've never played a DQ game which one should you start with

probly 4 or 8

• Locked thread