Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
It amuses me, regarding the previous episode, that the Song of Passing is just the Sun's Song from OoT/MM again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

KieranWalker posted:

It amuses me, regarding the previous episode, that the Song of Passing is just the Sun's Song from OoT/MM again.

It would make a lot more sense if the directions for the Wind Waker bore any resemblance to the notes they correspond to, like the ocarina notes did with the rising pitches being generally higher on the controller. Perhaps they knew the 3D games were coming and wanted to prepare people for having no clue what the sound of the song would look like in button form?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Whoops it's kinda late in the day, but here's a new video. We start tackling dungeon number two!

Episode 9: Wiihat U ... Youtube ... Polsy

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The boomerang also multi-targets in Twilight Princess. If I remember correctly, you could even target the same thing more than once for extra hits.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Are you looking for more Wii U friends to have bottles from? :3:

This lp is pretty darn , so I had to draw something.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Dex and Jordan are correct. Okami came out April 2008, nearly two years after Twilight Princess did which caused something of a controversy.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 17, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm super good at this game, guys. You have no idea.

Episode 10: Pro strats ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
There is an upper limit to how many of the little spikey dudes can spawn in a room. There was a glitch in the original GC version that let you spawn them more or less infinitely, though, which would slow the game down to a crawl. I don't know if it's still in the Wii U version or not.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Now I shall believe that the guy who makes the figurines also makes up the names of the bosses himself.

The Koroks actually freak me out a little bit. Their leaf-faces look like they're easily detachable and I don't know what happens if it comes up but it would make for a good horror story.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Can you use the leaf to blow the little spiky guys away? Every time I see a bunch sitting on a tree stump in the middle of some water, I wonder if you can blow them to a watery grave.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
The Koroks always reminded me of of the Kodama from Princess Mononoke. Apparently for good reason.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Can you use the leaf to blow the little spiky guys away? Every time I see a bunch sitting on a tree stump in the middle of some water, I wonder if you can blow them to a watery grave.

Pretty sure you can, yeah. I'll show it off later if possible.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Miiverse shenanigan. Just the one. But it's a good one though!

Episode 11: Miiverse ... Youtube ... Polsy

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
The Great Fairy design in this game is probably my favorite of all the Zelda games. With the weird spiral shape at the bottom, multiple arms like Indian deities, those faces... they really feel strange and otherworldly.

Anaxite fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 30, 2015

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I feel your pain Jordan, I tried to buy the Splatoon 3-pack and Gamestop was already sold out on preorders by the time I was able to get to the store. :negative:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I believe the two birdman contest guys aren't actually Rito themselves, they just completely idolize the Rito people in a profoundly unhealthy way.

Zelda tackles the hard issues of racism and cultural appropriation.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey who wants an update? I sure do! Too bad it's still exploring! There's a tiny bit of Miiverse shenanigans at the end though.

Episode 12: Shoutout to hot moms ... Youtube ... Polsy

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:3:

:catstare:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The guy in white is actually not related to Tingle at all. He's just some random-rear end sailor who happens to look like Tingle, who washed up on the island one day and thereafter got pressganged into service. You can find the other brother he mentions, he's connected to a Tingle Tuner sidequest in the original but I don't know what the story is in this version. When you find him he goes to Tingle Island and just sort of hangs out in the little patch of flowers, not helping his brother out or anything. Tingle is apparently terrified of him.

Also if you visit later the pink guy begs you to visit as often as possible, because normally Tingle abuses them horribly, but when you visit it puts him in such a good mood that he's actually sort of nice for a while.

So basically Nintendo said, "Japan loves this guy! We've gotta fix that." This is a horrible trash family that should burn forever.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'd completely forgotten Tingle was such a horrible monster. Like, not just the room full of skulls, but the blatant pointing out on his island that he's just enslaving people and abusing them and making them spin a tower for no purpose whatsoever Tingle what the everloving gently caress is wrong with you :psyduck:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When you guys were talking about collecting the chickens in Ocarina of Time, was one of you talking about collecting them for the lady in Kakariko, while the other(s) talked about Talon's mini game in the ranch? It definitely sounded like it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I was talking about the Talon Ranch minigame. Not sure if the other two were talking about that.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Kalon the best quote from you this whole LP is the prescient "TINGLE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU MURDER"
"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ted_Haggard posted:

"TINGLE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU MURDER"
"

This should be the title of the thread.

Legend of Zel- TINGLE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU MURDER

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

This should be the title of the thread.

Legend of Zel- TINGLE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU MURDER

Requesting that to Geop over twitter right now.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

kalonZombie posted:

Had I the talent, I'd draw TIngle as a Champion of Khorne. Blood for the Blood God! Tingle Bottles for his throne!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

AltaBrown posted:

Had I the talent, I'd draw TIngle as a Champion of Khorne. Blood for the Blood God! Tingle Bottles for his throne!

Stop me before I art again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If you see Tingle asking for skull necklaces...
run.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Happy birthday to me, I just liked the image too much.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

What was the results of your request?

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

What was the results of your request?

It failed, but lucky for me I have an inside man on the job now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Our goondolances to Jordan. Enough about that though, finally time to get back to actual story progression!

Episode 13: I'm actually 11 and 3 quarters ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009
Now, I may be wrong about this, and I haven't played the HD version but I believe the way the stone wall works is that if you bomb the part that breaks off directly, it'll break off in 1 to 2 bomb hits and if you hit anywhere else on the wall, it takes far more. So perhaps in your practice run, you hit the right part more often than you did in this run so it took less bombs.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Slightly unfortunate.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Weird observation I've only just thought of. Your grandma goes and just dumps soup straight into the bottle you just had a fairy in, but nobody ever stops to check if the fairy pooped in there.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Dr. Buttass posted:

Weird observation I've only just thought of. Your grandma goes and just dumps soup straight into the bottle you just had a fairy in, but nobody ever stops to check if the fairy pooped in there.

Fairies only poop glitter. It's perfectly edible.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

...the hells?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Please tell me this means there is a Wind Waker: Chaos Mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The last of the prepwork before moving onto the next dungeon.

Episode 14: Meatball Sub ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

• Locked thread