Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

In 2002, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was released on Nintendo Gamecube. A lot of people were turned off at the time by the cartoonish style and the cel-shading. Most people wrote it off and never gave it a second look. However past the cartoons was a game with really good dungeons and a really good story, some of the best Zelda had to offer yet. It was a great game, however, but there were some serious issues. Sailing, while fun, was a bit slow and time consuming. It required a lot of menu juggling for later dungeons. That one sidequest was a bitch and a half because you had no idea if that thing you just did was any good until you showed it to that one guy (you guys who played this before know what im talking about). All in all, it was a REALLY GOOD Zelda game, but ultimately flawed in ways that can ruin the enjoyment for some people.

Then 2012 happened. While messing around with shaders for a different game, a designer loaded up the Wind Waker models for a test on them, and they looked REALLY GOOD. Nintendo decided to re-release Wind Waker for the Wii U, but with a few modifications. Not only just to shaders and textures, but there are some major gameplay fixes that really streamlines the whole experiences and pushed it to my favorite Zelda of all time. Yeah, you only got one game with the HD re-release, but it's a much better version of an already great game.

So what is Wind Waker, exactly? Well aside from being the new hip thing to LP on SA (seriously, strawhatno! and geop both have ongoing lps already), it's a Zelda game. Zelda games are all about exploring a vast world, delving into dungeons, fighting huge bosses and solving neat puzzles. What makes it different from every other Zelda game though, is that the overworld is mostly a flooded, Waterworld-like environment. Islands dot the landscape and every island has something to find on it. It's super neat and I hope you enjoy me, Dex01, and JordanKai blabbing over it.

Episode 1: Big Grandma ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 2: Dispear ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 3: Look at this pictograph ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 4: Doritos are an entire race of mail people ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 5: Spaghetti Sauce ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 6: Everything's bigger in Hyrule ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 7: Rude as Hell fish ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 8: Treeason ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 9: Wiihat U ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 10: Pro strats ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 11: Miiverse ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 12: Shoutout to hot moms ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 13: I'm actually 11 and 3 quarters ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 14: Meatball Sub ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 15: Statue buddy ... Youtube ... Polsy
Episode 16: Kabelda's Dangerous Hunts ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 17: #MeIn10Years ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy
Episode 18: Can I juice this? ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

FANART:

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 17, 2015

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

frozentreasure posted:

Wind Waker HD is the new Dark Souls for LP.

Everyone's doing it and there's still not enough of it. Let those selfies flow.

I don't know why it's so drat popular as an LP piece lately, but it's never stopped me before.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today I regret adding Jordan into this LP.

Episode 2: Dispear ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

The membership rewards are so amazing you don't even know.

They're so good. SO GOOD.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today's late update brought to you by a capture card that refused to loving capture Tomb Raider footage correctly. Eighth time and a complete reinstall's the charm, I guess!

Episode 3: Look at this pictograph ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Here's the mail; It never fails; It makes me wanna wag my tail; When it comes I wanna wail; MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!

Episode 4: Doritos are an entire race of mail people ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Sorry for the lack of update last week. I was super ultra sick and didn't feel like doing the commentary editing. We should be back on schedule.

Episode 5: Spaghetti Sauce ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we kill our first boss! Link is all grown up now, aww.

Episode 6: Everything's bigger in Hyrule ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

You didn't take a selfie with the boss for the LP video. 0/10.

I didn't want to take away from the actual boss itself.

However that selfie in the preview pic is 100% from this save file. I just employ some editing tricks.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we meet some cool dudes, some rude dudes, and get a very important item.

Episode 7: Rude as Hell fish ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

I guess you need a lot of tools and/or time to scrape up additional heart containers? Five doesn't seem like a lot.

It's more like we're restricted to a path the game has set us on from Windfall to Dragon Roost, and from Dragon Roost to Forest Haven. Once we're done the second dungeon the whole sea will open up to us and trust me, I'll be abusing that generosity maliciously.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we get rid of some whiteheads that a tree got.

Part 8: Treeason ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Whoops it's kinda late in the day, but here's a new video. We start tackling dungeon number two!

Episode 9: Wiihat U ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm super good at this game, guys. You have no idea.

Episode 10: Pro strats ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Can you use the leaf to blow the little spiky guys away? Every time I see a bunch sitting on a tree stump in the middle of some water, I wonder if you can blow them to a watery grave.

Pretty sure you can, yeah. I'll show it off later if possible.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Miiverse shenanigan. Just the one. But it's a good one though!

Episode 11: Miiverse ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey who wants an update? I sure do! Too bad it's still exploring! There's a tiny bit of Miiverse shenanigans at the end though.

Episode 12: Shoutout to hot moms ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I was talking about the Talon Ranch minigame. Not sure if the other two were talking about that.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

This should be the title of the thread.

Legend of Zel- TINGLE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU MURDER

Requesting that to Geop over twitter right now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

AltaBrown posted:

Had I the talent, I'd draw TIngle as a Champion of Khorne. Blood for the Blood God! Tingle Bottles for his throne!

Stop me before I art again.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

What was the results of your request?

It failed, but lucky for me I have an inside man on the job now.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Our goondolances to Jordan. Enough about that though, finally time to get back to actual story progression!

Episode 13: I'm actually 11 and 3 quarters ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Dr. Buttass posted:

Weird observation I've only just thought of. Your grandma goes and just dumps soup straight into the bottle you just had a fairy in, but nobody ever stops to check if the fairy pooped in there.

Fairies only poop glitter. It's perfectly edible.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The last of the prepwork before moving onto the next dungeon.

Episode 14: Meatball Sub ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I can't believe Tingle is loving dead.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Oh, hello lowpoint of the game, how are you doing today?

Episode 15: Statue buddy ... Youtube ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

AltaBrown posted:

The cable type y'all were wondering about is coax cable, i.e. the stuff that brings cable/satellite into your homes. It does carry a very low voltage current that is enough to tingle, but not cause harm.

It was definitely more than a tingle, but it didn't hurt, luckily. I still enjoy telling people I've gotten electrocuted though.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

We finish up the dungeon that starts out as a major pain in the rear end but then turns out pretty okay today! It's all smooth sailing from here (pun totally intended).

Episode 16: Kabelda's Dangerous Hunts ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I said it on Twitter already, but this week's update will be a day or two late. We can't record commentary for the next couple of levels until the day the update would normally go up. Maybe I'll stream or something to make up for it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates, it's been hard to coordinate this. Plus it's late tonight because Arkham Knight has swallowed me.

Episode 17: #MeIn10Years ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Chimera-gui posted:

Just a heads up, you mixed up the cut and uncut videos on the Youtube playlists.

You also apparently forgot to label the uncut video for the newest Ghostbusters episode as "Uncut" on Youtube.

Woah thanks. It's all been fixed. Guess Arkham Knight is eating at my brain more than I thought.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

It's time to finally finish off the whole reason we went on this quest in the first place!

Episode 18: Can I juice this? ... Cut ... Polsy ... Uncut ... Polsy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Just a heads up: The next update will be delayed until Dex's life gets less chaotic. He's a bit busy at the moment unfortunately.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This last Sunday, Satoru Iwata sadly passed away due to complications with bile tube cancer. Tonight, at 7 PM eastern, I will be streaming Kirby Super Star in memory of Mr. Iwata.

https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonzombie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Haha, Dex gets back but then Jordan becomes too busy to do the LP. :shepicide:

I'm going to put this on an extended but not indefinite hiatus for a bit. Gives me a chance to do one of the billion other projects I want to do while I wait for Jordan's schedule to clear up.

• Locked thread