Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I believe the official explanation for "fish people to bird people" is "Nintendo thought it was a smaller plot hole than the Zoras staying Zoras and then being just as surprised by the big twist of the game as everyone else."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You guys realize you're on Dragon Roost Island, right?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
"Bugs" is any insect in the order "hemiptera", if you want to get technical.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I believe the two birdman contest guys aren't actually Rito themselves, they just completely idolize the Rito people in a profoundly unhealthy way.

Zelda tackles the hard issues of racism and cultural appropriation.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The guy in white is actually not related to Tingle at all. He's just some random-rear end sailor who happens to look like Tingle, who washed up on the island one day and thereafter got pressganged into service. You can find the other brother he mentions, he's connected to a Tingle Tuner sidequest in the original but I don't know what the story is in this version. When you find him he goes to Tingle Island and just sort of hangs out in the little patch of flowers, not helping his brother out or anything. Tingle is apparently terrified of him.

Also if you visit later the pink guy begs you to visit as often as possible, because normally Tingle abuses them horribly, but when you visit it puts him in such a good mood that he's actually sort of nice for a while.

So basically Nintendo said, "Japan loves this guy! We've gotta fix that." This is a horrible trash family that should burn forever.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Weird observation I've only just thought of. Your grandma goes and just dumps soup straight into the bottle you just had a fairy in, but nobody ever stops to check if the fairy pooped in there.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Judge Tesla posted:

I think Wind Waker Ganondorf is probably the most competent version of the guy to date, Hyrule Warriors not counting since you control him there, both times Link has faced him, he's had his rear end handed to him and only lived due to Ganon not caring enough to kill him the first time and Tetra/Valoo bailing him out the second encounter.

Well, you know, you get your rear end handed to you enough times, EVENTUALLY you're gonna learn from your mistakes. I would hope anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
No, I think that's just how he does, like ever. No matter how many things you buy he always has the grand reopening. The only real difference is that before the grand reopening, when you DO buy something, the slot stays empty; afterwards, he starts selling something more mundane, and once you buy the treasures you missed before the reopening he'll go ahead and replace those too.

• Locked thread