Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

I was listening to an audio review of Blame It On Rio (We Hate Movies: http://www.whmpodcast.com/2014/03/episode-147-blame-it-on-rio.html) and I thought of looking up this poorly received sex comedy/holiday romance on Wikipedia. This is what I encountered:

"Blame it on Rio is a 1984 romantic comedy film, written by Charlie Peters and Larry Gelbart and directed by Stanley Donen."

Ok. Tell me more.

"Michael Caine is Matthew, who is married to Valerie Harper as Karen, and has a daughter, Nikki, played by Demi Moore. His marriage is not going well for reasons not explained, certainly not by Karen, who lies in bed sighing in discontent, but passive-aggressively refuses to express what's wrong, except to issue snide answers like "Nothing. That's what's always been going on in our marriage... nothing." "

Pff! This isn't going to be one of those "He said/she said" summaries, is it?

"During a walk on the beach, Victor and Matthew pass numerous women walking around topless. The fathers spot their daughters in the distance, and as they wave to get their attention, the girls turn around to reveal that they too have taken off their bikini tops and are walking about with their breasts exposed. Jennifer's are much larger than Nikki's, and Nikki seems to hide hers behind her long hair. "

:eyepop:

Oh, wait, the writer didn't happen to mention that at the time of filming Michelle Johnson was 17 years old and fully nude in one scene, which had to be signed off by her parents.

"After dropping the girls off at a Brazilian wedding, the men visit a local pub in search of dates. After Victor pairs off with a local cigar-smoking divorcée, Matthew winds up at the Brazilian wedding, where he runs into the amorous Jennifer. While watching the festivities together, Matthew and Jennifer start to feel some chemistry develop between them. The ceremony involves the guests stripping mostly naked to wander into the surf with the bride and groom, and Jennifer once again strips down to bikini bottoms and allows Matthew to see her exposed figure. Not surprisingly, they eventually share a passionate kiss – much to the chagrin of Nikki, who inadvertently sees what's going on between her father and her best friend. Jennifer is coming onto him very aggressively, breathing "make love to me." Then Matthew and Jennifer have full sex on the beach, followed by some "comedy" as Matthew is almost caught by a couple of acquaintances and covers his naked body up on sand so they will not realize what he has been doing. "

:stonk:

"The next day, Jennifer continues to heavily come onto Matthew every time and everywhere, and seemingly cannot comprehend why she should be a little more discreet. Jennifer is making outrageous come-ons to Matthew in all sorts of inappropriate situations. At one point she takes a naked Polaroid of herself, with one arm raised over her head to emphasize the curve of her bosom, and then gives it to Matthew as they are riding in a cable car, where a Japanese tourist notices the photo and tries to take a picture of it. Matthew mentions having held and kissed Jennifer as an infant."

:cry: Holy gently caress! I think my name has just been added to the sex offenders register. :cop:

"In the meantime, Matthew tries to talk Jennifer into ending their fantasy relationship, but she is determined to never give him up. Jennifer goes to a medicine woman to get a love spell, a thread that goes precisely nowhere, and is soon screaming "You love me!" to Matthew on a beach not far from her father. She gives him a small wooden idol she received from the medicine women, which has a massive erection*."

So...erm...pretty much like the editor of this Wikipedia article, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame_It_on_Rio

In this thread we post the most ridiculous, stupid, ill-conceived, over-detailed, picky, spergy, badly judged screeds of movie trivia/summaries on reasonably reputable internet sites. No fanfic or blog :spergin:, this has to come from sources that are supposed to be reliable.

E: Please quote for posterity as well as linking. These delicate flowers may be plucked from us and lost forever if you don't.

E2: For the (much better titled) thread on terrible Wikipedia entries on books Wikipedia book trivia: In a fit of rebellion, he eats 2 cheeseburgers http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700491

* "erection" helpfully hyperlinked to a Wikipedia article on that subject. Thanks. A lot.

I wonder what the denizens of the IMBD forums have to say.

quote:

Posted Sep 3, 2010 by ewanfanatic88
Ewan McGregor's Favorite Movie

In his book Long Way Round he said his idea of a perfect day would be watching this movie.

Academy Awards = the Creme de la Creme of Bull Sh*t

Thanks ewanfanatic88 for that much needed bit of trivia. I wonder what other threads there are-

quote:

Posted May 15, 2012 by howardgrantrulz
So, if you were Michael Caine's Character....

even if it was your friend....looking at how Michelle Johnson looks....how long into the vaca before you tear that up? I think he waited too long :)

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread