Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I shouldn't post in the morning until I've had my first cup of coffee, and I'm not going to let trolls ruin bingo.

Ya'll know the drill, get in the bingo thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol if you think that was pnut and my best efforts at trolling

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Truck qualifying at intermediate tracks is now one lap, staggered starts, two rounds with top 12 making second round. Allahu loving ackbar

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
why have two rounds for 12 trucks

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
spot the irony

e- lol they even toss out the northern aggression angle, bahahahaha, I'm pretty sure there wasn't much in the way of aggression until after Gettysburg, I think that's why McClellan lost his command

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 1, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cubey posted:

I wasn't actually sure if this was a thing NASCAR was really trying to do or if people in this thread were just joking. That owns.

DIS is running a "Trade in your Confederate flag for a FREE American flag" because that's apparently going to force a decision between "The South is gonna riiiiiiiiiiiise again, boy!" and "USA #1, 'Murica, God Bless America, USA. Don't take the free flag YOU HATE YOUR COUNTRY, BOY? Then GIIIIT OUT!".

e- Added the GIIIIIT OUT because that's an important part of those arguments.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 1, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's genius really, and the angle I've been going with on FB

"whatchu gonna fly on Saturday, the flag of insurrection? think the boys in Iraq* are happy about that?"

*yes I know we're really not in Iraq much but idiots seem to think we still are

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Dear Dalton Sargent:

gently caress you, buddy.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

spot the irony

e- lol they even toss out the northern aggression angle, bahahahaha, I'm pretty sure there wasn't much in the way of aggression until after Gettysburg, I think that's why McClellan lost his command

Jesus Christ, that picture...

This is seriously in earnest? Nothing says "honor" like being depicted as Ghostbusters effects.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

lol if you think that was pnut and my best efforts at trolling

I try not to think about you and pnut much at all.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
great now I'm one of those ghosts thanks EB

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

A southern terrorist ghost, at that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Harveygod posted:

This is seriously in earnest? Nothing says "honor" like being depicted as Ghostbusters effects.

so that's where daniel bryan ended up

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

great now I'm one of those ghosts thanks EB

I wish you were a ghost.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

gret posted:

I wish you were a ghost.

sorry I'm too smart to race an open wheeler in Nevada

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm watching the '04 Brickyard 400, a race I've never seen before. There's passing. :stare:

And racing/side-by-side action. :psyduck:

And it's all happening at Indianapolis. :dogbutton:

I see this and I see what we have today and want to puke. :negative:

e- Also, franchising is apparently a matter of time: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/2015/07/brian-france-on-franchising-its-in-our.html

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 2, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
they should model it after professional soccer so ARCA teams could advance up when they win titles and so Jack Roush can end up in a Wisconsin corn field where he belongs

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Truck qualifying at intermediate tracks is now one lap, staggered starts, two rounds with top 12 making second round. Allahu loving ackbar

NASCAR SUMMER 2015: Allahu loving ackbar

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Dear Dalton Sargent:

gently caress you, buddy.

I watched the end of the K&N race and don't see what you're talking about.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Whelen Mods from Riverhead, tomorrow at 6pm Eastern on NBCSN.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harveygod posted:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Driver Status ‏@DriverStatus 4h4 hours ago
Spencer Gallagher let you go in front of him in the checkout line

Driver Status ‏@DriverStatus Jun 29
Spencer Gallagher saw that UFO, too

Driver Status ‏@DriverStatus Jun 29
Spencer Gallagher put the toothpaste cap back on the tube when he was done with it

https://twitter.com/DriverStatus

I kind of like this account.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Needs some klansmen too.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Since we're on a political bender here, Todd Starnes sounds like he's never followed or watched NASCAR in some way, shape or form ever.

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes 37m37 minutes ago
My next #culturecleansing prediction: NASCAR will bow to environmentalists by requiring all drivers to race in a Prius.

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes
NASCAR to host a flag swap in Daytona. Turn in your Confederate flag and they'll give you an American flag.

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes
NASCAR officially asks fans to refrain from flying Rebel flag.

Todd,

Toyota has been a part of the series since the mid-2000's. The sport has a "Green" marketing campaign out, along with them being :smug: as hell about it. Also, did you know that the Prius has been used as a pace car on multiple occassions?

You know I always thought the aforementioned poo poo was dumb and useless pandering. Now? Go on ahead NASCAR! Piss more of these idiots off. Hell, make that Prius you had for Clint Bowyer! Have him race the drat thing.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 2, 2015

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NASCAR should race Teslas.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gret posted:

NASCAR should race Teslas.

Formula E is surprisingly entertaining and the last 10 laps of the season were amazing.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Formula E loving owns and its all on the youtubes if you havent seen it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Caller into NASCAR radio: "Why did they take the 'Dukes of Hazzard' off the air but not BET?'

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

shyduck posted:

Caller into NASCAR radio: "Why did they take the 'Dukes of Hazzard' off the air but not BET?'

A fair question. Hahaha

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
any true gearhead should be loving livid at the DoH for destroying so many Chargers

gently caress em

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

shyduck posted:

Goddamn... I love the NASCAR fanbase. This year has been a good year for NASCAR shitstorm because of this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Apparently, they've interviewed fans who have already set up shop in the infield and a few aren't happy about the Confederate flag ban, with one asking "Are they going to make me take my Confederate bikini off if I put it on?".

This weekend is going to have its moments of delightful shitshow.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Apparently, they've interviewed fans who have already set up shop in the infield and a few aren't happy about the Confederate flag ban, with one asking "Are they going to make me take my Confederate bikini off if I put it on?".

Is that a threat?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

gret posted:

Is that a threat?

think about who would wear that in the infield at Daytona, it clearly is

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

think about who would wear that in the infield at Daytona, it clearly is

Rich white suburbanites who are so superficial they get mad about flags? She's probably pretty hot.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Rich white suburbanites who are so superficial they get mad about flags? She's probably pretty hot.

or a south florida swamp creature. that's a heck of a gamble.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

infield is the key point you missed

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Peanut President posted:

You've never been to a nascar race haven't you?

I'm pretty sure going to Bristol multiple times in my childhood is what swore me off southern culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did you guys want a new thread or do you just want to roll with this one? I have an OP typed but am up for whatever.

• Locked thread