Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

Pikmin 3 is pretty and fun but inferior to Pikmin 2, the greatest game ever made. I thought about this and I think the main reason is because Pikmin 3 feels very linear. You're told exactly where to go and you usually have nowhere to go but that place. There's not really much choice about how to progress in the game. In Pikmin 2 and even Pikmin 1, you are pretty free to look at the map and figure out where you wanna go. The game gives you a goal but you can about accomplishing that goal by visiting different places. You don't have to follow a set order of progress. In Pikmin 3, there's really nothing to do in most areas other than complete the story objective and then bugger off. There's only one way to reach the story objective as well.

I agree, I was so excited for it since I love Pikmin, and Pikmin 2 is in fact one of the greatest games ever made. What stood out to me most of all though, were the controls. They crippled the game by removing so many useful functions from 2. Like being able to direct your pikmin with the C-stick. It was great in 2 because it made boss battles more dynamic and you could actually influence whether or not your pikmin got eaten. Compared to 3 where every fight I Got into it felt like a crapshoot whether or not they'd be able to run fast enough to avoid whatever giant lobster bug monster was rolling at them because I had no way to tell them where to go, and half the time they wandered in the wrong direction because the AI seemed worse than ever.

Also having to collect fruit seemed like a step back. I don't know about anyone else but I Was always excited to collect new stuff in 2 to read the descriptions and see what flavor text they added for mundane items like duracell batteries. Now its just fruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread