Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
A few days, 732 days, what's the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Kinda wish I'd rented this instead of buying; it's been 3 days and I'm nearly done with it. The soundtrack is definitely the biggest draw.

Ah, well. It'll be a nice game for my little cousins to play together

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SilverSupernova posted:

Murray can be Rick the Hamster.
Get Danny DeVito for Dedede.

I'm sorry, the anime has ruined me.
Dedede has to be played by Foghorn Leghorn or my immersion will be ruined.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How are you guys beating the game so quickly? Are you sitting down daily and trying to get the treasure for near hours? I'm only on the end of World 2 and still don't have all the treasure from most levels.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I've just been going through the levels and collecting treasure chests as I go. I'll double back later and get the ones I missed. Though I'll probably play levels like 7-2 again just because they're so much fun.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

How are you guys beating the game so quickly? Are you sitting down daily and trying to get the treasure for near hours? I'm only on the end of World 2 and still don't have all the treasure from most levels.

It's just not a very long game. I've been able to blitz through it despite balancing a full-time job and studying for an exam this weekend.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Not a Children posted:

It's just not a very long game. I've been able to blitz through it despite balancing a full-time job and studying for an exam this weekend.

Do you 100% the levels plus challenges?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It took me 10 hours to beat the game with all treasure chests and diary entries. I don't feel like doing the medals or challenges, but that could probably only add another couple hours. So yeah, it's not very long.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Do you 100% the levels plus challenges?

Not yet, but I've only got around 5 treasures and 5 diary entries to go, and I'm about a quarter way through the challenges (which are, I admit, actually pretty tough).

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

i've never understood when people say "oh ten hours that's so short" well maybe if you literally sit on your rear end playing a game from morning til night like a slug, how anyone can play through an entire 10 hour game in like 2 days is ridiculous to me

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Not yet, but I've only got around 5 treasures and 5 diary entries to go, and I'm about a quarter way through the challenges (which are, I admit, actually pretty tough).

Oh so you aren't playing the game yet ok

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

jivjov posted:

Isn't Canvas Curse a DS title?

Dammmm. Owned.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I've been playing 1 world per sitting, and missing a lot of treasures because I am bad. I got it launch day and just finished World 4.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I just beat the 4th world of Mass Attack and now it wants me to go back and find all the rainbow medals I missed which is pretty annoying. But then I got to listen to the Green Grounds overworld music again and run around some more with my happy little kirbys so I guess it's ok.

Also, Kirby: Mass Effect would own.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

if you aren't collecting all the things in kirby you're not playing it right. It okay to not collect the things if you want to play casually though

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hardcore kirby gamer

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

hardcore kirby gamer

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

I just beat the 4th world of Mass Attack and now it wants me to go back and find all the rainbow medals I missed which is pretty annoying. But then I got to listen to the Green Grounds overworld music again and run around some more with my happy little kirbys so I guess it's ok.

Also, Kirby: Mass Effect would own.

The backtracking isn't that bad, especially since you probably have already gotten most of the rainbow medals by this point. Plus the levels do beg to be replayed and if you haven't already you'll unlock the sweet rear end minigames.

The final world is all good too, just solid challenge.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the next game coming out for the Wii-U is mario party 10 at the end of march and Splattoon sometime in May and then after that nothing until June.

I hope people like playing with Tumbleweeds.

You're looking at less than 6 games in total. There's only 14 games announced for the Wii-U for the entirety of 2015.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

That's more time for me to focus on Kirby until Devil's Third and Splatoon come out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SilverSupernova posted:

That's more time for me to focus on Kirby until Devil's Third and Splatoon come out.

Kirby is about as Short as Captain toad it takes a few days to beat at most. Like you're looking at E-Shop titles which are more full of content.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It takes a few days if you're unemployed and don't go for the collectibles.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

So the next game coming out for the Wii-U is mario party 10 at the end of march and Splattoon sometime in May and then after that nothing until June.

I hope people like playing with Tumbleweeds.

You're looking at less than 6 games in total. There's only 14 games announced for the Wii-U for the entirety of 2015.

hmmm yes taint reaper, I see

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Kirby is about as Short as Captain toad it takes a few days to beat at most. Like you're looking at E-Shop titles which are more full of content.

Does replay value mean nothing to you?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Hi Taint Reaper. Did you get the new Kirby game :)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

noirstronaut posted:

It takes a few days if you're unemployed and don't go for the collectibles.

It took a casual weekend to get everything. This is a game that's in the running with Yoshi's Story for bare minimum amount of content in a videogame.

Like Donkey kong Tropical freeze and Rayman legends both put this new game to shame.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Hi Taint Reaper. Did you get the new Kirby game :)

Yes my review copy was mailed to me

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We're getting taint reaped.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously this is a pretty bad nintendo game. They put all the focus into the artistic style and backed it up with jack poo poo.

It's like a game that honestly felt like it was a tech demo because of how barren it was. it's not worth 40 bucks, you're better off spending the money on Monster Hunter 4U.

Kirby plays like launch game because that's how it felt. All style no actual game content going on. But it's not a launch game, it's a game released 3 years into the console's life. Super Mario bros. Wii-U(and actual launch game) had more poo poo going for it than this.

It's not as ballsy as Ryse originally being 60 dollars, but it ranks right up there on the "you gotta be kidding me" scale.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 25, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

If that's what you think then leave this thread alone and go bother the Monster Hunter thread while we discuss Kirby.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We just got taint reaped.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Taint Reaper is welcomed in the Kirby Thread because all his posts are adorable :)

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I just got around to starting this game. So let me get this straight: according to the intro, Kirby being a ball in this game is entirely some kind of self-afflicted handicap? Kirby's just being a ball for the hell of it? I know that he's practically all-powerful and stuff, but that's kind of crazy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gimbal lock posted:

I just got around to starting this game. So let me get this straight: according to the intro, Kirby being a ball in this game is entirely some kind of self-afflicted handicap? Kirby's just being a ball for the hell of it?

He fell down a hill and decided "this is fun I want to do this more".

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I hope that in the next Metroid game, Samus has her arm cannon tied behind her back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gimbal lock posted:

I hope that in the next Metroid game, Samus has her arm cannon tied behind her back.

She's already run through fire with her Varia turned off just because Sensai said so.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's basically the conceit of Other M.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gimbal lock posted:

I just got around to starting this game. So let me get this straight: according to the intro, Kirby being a ball in this game is entirely some kind of self-afflicted handicap? Kirby's just being a ball for the hell of it? I know that he's practically all-powerful and stuff, but that's kind of crazy.

Kirby just wants to have fun with his friend and how dare you judge him or suggest he do otherwise.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All I can think of is that F-Zero and Starfox have been ignored for well over a decade and yet Kirby somehow still gets games.

He has more games than Donkey Kong and very few have risen above mediocrity, he's like the Sonic of Nintendo Characters.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 25, 2015

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Kirby games are good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

It certainly gives an interesting alternate viewpoint on Other M.

• Locked thread