Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
This thread convinced me. I'll pick it up sometime. I didn't really understand how there could be so much hate on a claymation game anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Oh, what the gently caress. The Meta Knight and Dedede Amiibo do cool things in Rainbow Curse. Am I gonna have to get them now? They're too cute to pass up.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Oh, what the gently caress. The Meta Knight and Dedede Amiibo do cool things in Rainbow Curse. Am I gonna have to get them now? They're too cute to pass up.

They're sold out everywhere but at least the Kirby amiibo is easy to get!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

noirstronaut posted:

They barely do anything. Don't go out and buy them just so you can cheat at Canvas Curse.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
This game has hypnotized my children, its a much better family game than I was expecting. The multi does really trivialize the difficulty, which is perfect for small kids.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They barely do anything. Don't go out and buy them just so you can cheat at Canvas Curse.

Well I beat Canvas Curse like 10 years ago :downs:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Alternate costumes are the absolute coolest thing though!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I think submarine Kirby is my favorite transformation. I like being able to direct the missiles with magical rainbow paint and hitting people behind me through a convoluted line of fire.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I would play an entire game of Kirby Tank.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. Dos posted:

I could if that thing moved faster. I get the whole "tanks are generally slow" thing, but drat.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Just keep tapping

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dr. Dos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yDKJKljie8

Sakurai's first game, I believe.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That game looks pretty fun.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fun fact, in Mass Attack you have a chance of summoning one of that games bosses as a attack!

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Neat. I like how you later fight that kind of tank in Meta Knight's Revenge in super star.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Rainbow Curse really is too cute for its own good. I've been holding myself to only playing 2 levels per play session; I don't want to blast through the game too quickly.

I'm so mad at myself though..I missed the secret diary for one level. I did get the super cute one talking about their secret cave house base though.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am in a conundrum. My children will not allow me to play this without them watching, but I will not allow them to watch me play video games all day. This means I cannot play this game all day. Please advise.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fix posted:

I am in a conundrum. My children will not allow me to play this without them watching, but I will not allow them to watch me play video games all day. This means I cannot play this game all day. Please advise.

Stop being ashamed of yourself and let your children grow up like you.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Downloaded this today and my overall happiness and satisfaction with my life increased by 15%

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MassRafTer posted:

Stop being ashamed of yourself and let your children grow up like you.

Well poo poo if that ain't a bullet to the heart. Also, no.

e: Hey waitasecond, I wasn't allowed to watch my parents play Kirby all day because they were not cute gamers. We're in uncharted territory here.

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 22, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've never been huge into Kirby, just really played Super Star and Triple Deluxe, but goddamn if this game isn't super pretty and cute. And for only $40.

If I can justify buying Captain Toad, I can justify this too.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

KingEffingFrost posted:

Downloaded this today and my overall happiness and satisfaction with my life increased by 15%

Delete the data and redownload it because clearly you had a faulty download.
That happiness percentage should be at least double.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Damnit. I'm gonna go buy this game now, but it's gonna make me want a Meta Knight amiibo. I'm not going to pay some filthy neckbeard scalper 50 bucks for it, so I will have to turn to a life of crime.

Thanks Kirby.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Surprised this didn't get any representation in Smash Bros. I'd be down with a Trax assist trophy. Also that first stage music is hella catchy.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Why can I kill the Shotzos in this game? That's very disrespectful to the Kirby canon as well as the Kirby cannon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Are you sure it's not the cotta cannons?

Also there are challenge rooms that only unlock when you beat a boss with 0 damage. Something to think about.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
in kirby 64 there's a good remix of the dreamland 3 animal friends room that you can only hear through the sound test if you beat the game. it got stuck in my head again so i figured i would share it with you, kirby friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_7NnmghxQ

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

in kirby 64 there's a good remix of the dreamland 3 animal friends room that you can only hear through the sound test if you beat the game. it got stuck in my head again so i figured i would share it with you, kirby friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_7NnmghxQ

:3:

The challenge levels in Kirby Rainbow Curse are really fun and well done. I've already gotten over 5 hours of gameplay out of this!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The music in the Pirate Ship level is so so good.

I wasn't in love with the game during the first world, but in the second world it started getting really great. I'm liking it more than Canvas Curse.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want people's thoughts on 7-2 because that's one of the best levels in the entire series in my honest opinion. It's really, REALLY good.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Heard some Kirby music during the Oscars tonight

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ometeotl posted:

Why can I kill the Shotzos in this game? That's very disrespectful to the Kirby canon as well as the Kirby cannon.

Gordo is still invincible right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Looper posted:

Heard some Kirby music during the Oscars tonight

Really? Where in the ceremony?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe I'm in the minority but I'd love a crossover of Mario/Kirby doing celestial poo poo. Keep the Kirby music and animal buddies over Yoshi, remix the games level designs, have a huge sprawling game like the previous WiiU platformers with Kirby collectables instead of stars/medals, final battle is DDD VS Bowser in a wrestling ring on the giant nightmare clock from Superstar until Secret Final Boss Marx.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Kirby and Metroid need to be in a game together.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Smash bros is out.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

noirstronaut posted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
whats going on in this idiot thread then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Stux posted:

whats going on in this idiot thread then

Post Kirby!