Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
whats going on in this idiot thread then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

idk like i guess it lead to things like the idea of a platformer that wasn't based around difficulty, and where technical skill at least for the main game isn't the thrust of it. this then lead to more experience based platformers and a downplaying of titles like the japanese mario 2 which were extremely technically challenging and set a high bar for entry. i suppose though such earlier games were based on the old paradigm set out by arcades which really was defunct once coin-op wasn't part of the equation, and kirby was a modern and forward thinking game in that regard. i think on balance i prefer pre kirby considering all of this though.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
lol i took what u said and completely misinterpreted it hahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

noirstronaut posted:

You really went to town over "Post Kirby!" my man

thanks i glad you noticed, its kind of "My Thing". if you enjoyed that post then try looking at my post history for more examples of the strong personal brand i have cultivated on this forum

• Locked thread