Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there has been a kirby game on every single major nintendo system. why? because kirby owns and is always fun. you put kirby in anything and it is fun. Kirby games are always fun and always great and I think everyone needs to own Superstar and Dreamland 3.

Everyone knows Superstar and Superstar Ultra and the yoyo GAZER SPIRAL but here's why you also need the underrated Dreamland 3.

1) IT IS SIGNIFICANT.
This game introduces Goopy or whatever the gently caress his name is. He is a fucken retard moron and may even wreck your entire day but he is SIGNIFICANT because he never shows up ever again and will make you laugh.

2) ANIMAL BUDDIES.
I miss animal buddies and if only animal buddies were in Triple Deluxe then it would be the GOTY from 2014 to 2017. This has all the classics---Coo, Kine, and Rick---but also throws in Nago, a cat with the coolest sounding triple jump, Pitch a bird you ride on, and a weird girl gum thing that uses her parasitic powers to control your mind, it's hosed up

3) MOTHERFUCKING MISSIONS.
You can blaze through the game like a baby OR you can carefully figure out the secret MISSION of each level. Maybe you need to not step on flowers like a big dumb rear end in a top hat? Maybe you reunite a lightbulb with its lightbulb girlfriend? Maybe you need to win a guessing game and make an eel smile???? This owns and no other Kirby game does WORLDBUILDING like this one.

4) ANIMAL BUDDY FUSIONS
I almost forgot but depending on your powers, you get ridiculous animal buddy combos. You can use a bird like a remote control airplane or turn yourself into a surfboard and have A CAT RIDE YOU. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

In conclusion everyone needs this game available now on eshop for wiiu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Animal buddies are in Triple Deluxe. In Kirby and the fighters they even have new 3D models and come out to do attacks and stuff.

Main 3 buddies even get some love in Rainbow Curse.

yeah I saw them in the battle games but I WANNA RIDE THOSE GUYS

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's fair enough. I have a feeling if it weren't for multiplayer being a thing they're shooting for they'd be back already honestly.

Perfect world would be a playable cast of Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Bandana Dee, Rick, Kine, Coo, Nago, Pitch, Chuchu and Gooey. That or make a Kirby Warriors game with all of them and Dark Matter/Magolor/ZERO ^2/Nightmare/Magolor/Sectonia for villains

gonna need a Marx amiibo asap

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

What was great about Mass Attack is how much loving VALUE it had as a purchase. Every level is great, fun to replay (and you probably will to get all the hidden poo poo), and in addition to that, exploring levels unlocked loving AMAZING mini-games. Like, mini-games designed with just as much care as the main game. You could play Pinball forever, but there's also a bullet hell and this crazy mode where you play speed versions of dragon quest-style boss fights. I think the pinball game as well has Marx as the final "boss", which is actually the only version of the character I have seen, having not played the game he's originally in.

Mass Attack is such a ludicrously fresh game concept too. 2-D Pikmin WORKS, and it works really well, they managed to condense RTS elements into a side-scroller with rather great success. There's some problems when it comes to really really coordinating multiple types of actions, but you very rarely have to do that, and in general you'll come up with a good variation of strategies to address each threat. The boss battles were great, the music was obviously great AND you could play the 3DS while in sleep mode IIRC so it became a portable Kirby walkman. I was at a period where I was kind of down on 3DS games (I think I had just played the Adventure Time game and was rather disappointed with it) and Mass Attack shocked me with just how much GAME there was. For thirty dollars, it's easily a month's worth of fun, if not a lifetime, given the great mini game collection. The SHMUP mode is loving awesome.

those minigames were so loving good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kirby bosses are all cool even if in most games in the series you can just hold down the R button and block all damage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after buying and being loving bored to death of evolve I am happy to have traded it in and put it towards the preorder of a Good Kirby Game as nature intended

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kirby embargo has lifted for reviews, grand majority of them have been positive! Except for Gamespot which wrote a hilariously loving bad one but who cares this game is going to own and everyone knows it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skeezy posted:

There's also the Giantbomb one. Dan didn't like it at all. Called it "tedious, soulless, and annoying"

"the frustrating followup to canvas curse"

lol between this and the gamespot video where the reviewer dies to loving Whispy Woods, I'm chalking this up to just people somehow being bad at a Kirby game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Gamespot wrote a terrible review for Tropical Freeze as well.

I'd say gamespot hates fun but their goty was bayonetta 2 somehow so who knows. anyone who liked canvas curse will probably like this and im stoked for it dis weekend.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gettin metaknight amiibo and dis game delivered today. too bad my love of scalping toys to people on ebay is greater so i cant use any of the kirby amiibos on this

gonna have fun playin dis with the gf, though we're taking turns, not doing any of that baby waddle dee poo poo....we're true "gamers"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

This game is really fun. Was trying to get some frantic secret collectable on a timer and overshot a jump, went into a cannon above the sky and found myself in HIDDEN PACHINKO MINIGAME. Lots of nice little collectables as par the norm in games like Triple Deluxe, Mass Attack, Canvas Curse. Even has kind of a Yoshis Island "end roulette" thing that can award you other secrets. So far it's basically Canvas Curse 2; idk what the hell people were complaining about when someone said "there's no powers and now you need stars to use power poo poo" you get more than enough Star bits to activate your Kirby roids so it's not a big deal. Not as creative as powers in general would be but still cool, though I haven't reached any major transformation levels yet.

Everything looks fantastic and beautiful and goddamn the soundtrack is loving amazing. No brainer if you like Kirby games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just played through world 1 and 2, this is not going to be a very long game but I am 100% fine with it because man it's super super good. Missing 2 chests already though (I know where one is, the other is the third chest in the tank level though)

I've already missed quite a few, some of them are hidden pretty well. 28 stages and 48 challenge levels is pretty good considering the levels feel like they can hide a lot and the challenges can really get hilariously frantic.

I don't know how someone could have lost against whispy woods in this, though, lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe I'm in the minority but I'd love a crossover of Mario/Kirby doing celestial poo poo. Keep the Kirby music and animal buddies over Yoshi, remix the games level designs, have a huge sprawling game like the previous WiiU platformers with Kirby collectables instead of stars/medals, final battle is DDD VS Bowser in a wrestling ring on the giant nightmare clock from Superstar until Secret Final Boss Marx.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

How are you guys beating the game so quickly? Are you sitting down daily and trying to get the treasure for near hours? I'm only on the end of World 2 and still don't have all the treasure from most levels.

i've never understood when people say "oh ten hours that's so short" well maybe if you literally sit on your rear end playing a game from morning til night like a slug, how anyone can play through an entire 10 hour game in like 2 days is ridiculous to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't know, I played the Anthology collection, Epic Yarn and this and he seems strictly a B-tier game series.

Mario galaxy 1 and 2 made me give a gently caress about the game and guys in it. Kirby has yet to enchant me in such a fashion.

not everybody gets the postmodern genius of an amorphous blob becoming WHATEVER HE WANTS. kirby is a rennaissance man but I don't expect plebs to "get" it. i suppose the jar jar binks antics of lubba are more the speed of children, heh

• Locked thread