Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I fully support this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SilverSupernova posted:

The saddest part about this game is that none of my IRL friends really like Kirby so I'll never have a Bandanna Dee bro to back me up. :smithicide:

So do they even bother to explain why Kirby decides not to use his arms or legs in this game or is he just bored and doing this for the hell of it?

Technically, Kirby has neither arms or legs are just has hands and feet connected to his torsoball

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here are my impressions: it's not as big a leap over Canvas Curse as I'd hoped, but I still had a lot of fun with it. Multiplayer is as broken as it looks.

Is there a demo or did you play the Jap version?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Ineffiable posted:

When you say this I assume you mean multiplayer makes the game stupidly easy?

I feel like the same thing happened to Return to Dreamland. Some of the 'puzzles' were made a lot easier with friends and as long as player 1 is your best player and doesn't die, you can destroy everything in your path.

I think he means it's nearly unplayable since the game is played on a Gamepad and one Gamepad can work on a Wii U.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, I'm thinking about selling off my (ability to buy any of the ) Club Nintendo rewards for $20 so I could essentially get Rainbow Curse for free. Good idea? Probably.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Do you own W101 yet?

drat right I do. I own all of the full 3DS game rewards except Starfox 64 3D, and then W101 and Earthbound. Then, the only physical reward I'm interested in is the calendar and, if like last year's, it'll just go for $10 on eBay.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Maybe you're just really good at kirby games and it actually has a decent challenge.

However, in all honesty, I think the challenge comes from using the stylus to move. That's what always hosed me over in Canvas Curse.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We're like 6 hours from cursin' at some rainbows.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

KIRBY IS OUT!

IT OWNS!

GO BUY IT!

Does it really

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Nice, I'll buy it when I get home.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Calm down, bud.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Blister posted:

Is Kirby just a bad Jigglypuff ripoff?

reported

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh my loving god the music in 4-1 is goddamn magical. How did this soundtrack get so godlike.

The mother fucker who did the ever immaculate Mother 3 soundtrack is at the helm, so it's best to just believe it's sent from God himself.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This game is going to kill me. I have to 100% it the first time through or I won't be satisfied.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Y'all. 2-1 hosed me over with these treasure boxes. I got the final one though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Oh, what the gently caress. The Meta Knight and Dedede Amiibo do cool things in Rainbow Curse. Am I gonna have to get them now? They're too cute to pass up.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They barely do anything. Don't go out and buy them just so you can cheat at Canvas Curse.

Well I beat Canvas Curse like 10 years ago :downs:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dr. Dos posted:

I would play an entire game of Kirby Tank.

I could if that thing moved faster. I get the whole "tanks are generally slow" thing, but drat.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Kirby and Metroid need to be in a game together.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why post Kirby when you can play Kirby™

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You really went to town over "Post Kirby!" my man

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

You got gold medals, all the figurines and music, and beat all the challenges in one day? I miss the days when I could devote a solid day to a game like that

Yeah, I'm still only halfway through World 2 with all the figurines and gold medals and I've the game since the night of launch day.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I thought it was really charming despite that one with the kid with the raccoon hat putting me to sleep.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Wes should direct a Kirby film written by the guys who do Wallace and Gromit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Has anyone 100%'d the game and released a YouTube video of the entire soundtrack in English? I need it for a thing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I feel like it's an okay amount. Most treasures are obvious and then it's just getting lots of stars to get the gold medal.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
A few days, 732 days, what's the difference

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How are you guys beating the game so quickly? Are you sitting down daily and trying to get the treasure for near hours? I'm only on the end of World 2 and still don't have all the treasure from most levels.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hardcore kirby gamer

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It takes a few days if you're unemployed and don't go for the collectibles.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We're getting taint reaped.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
We just got taint reaped.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hey everyone my first piece for nintendojo is about rainbow curse music

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I did it http://www.nintendojo.com/features/columns/nintendojo-jukebox/nintendojo-jukebox-kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Mother 3 is one of those games you have to give time to. It's admittedly very very slow starting off, but it gets you sucked in as it progresses, but yes, the music is the best I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I got the Kioby paper theme on my XL. Real good.

• Locked thread