Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
What was great about Mass Attack is how much loving VALUE it had as a purchase. Every level is great, fun to replay (and you probably will to get all the hidden poo poo), and in addition to that, exploring levels unlocked loving AMAZING mini-games. Like, mini-games designed with just as much care as the main game. You could play Pinball forever, but there's also a bullet hell and this crazy mode where you play speed versions of dragon quest-style boss fights. I think the pinball game as well has Marx as the final "boss", which is actually the only version of the character I have seen, having not played the game he's originally in.

Mass Attack is such a ludicrously fresh game concept too. 2-D Pikmin WORKS, and it works really well, they managed to condense RTS elements into a side-scroller with rather great success. There's some problems when it comes to really really coordinating multiple types of actions, but you very rarely have to do that, and in general you'll come up with a good variation of strategies to address each threat. The boss battles were great, the music was obviously great AND you could play the 3DS while in sleep mode IIRC so it became a portable Kirby walkman. I was at a period where I was kind of down on 3DS games (I think I had just played the Adventure Time game and was rather disappointed with it) and Mass Attack shocked me with just how much GAME there was. For thirty dollars, it's easily a month's worth of fun, if not a lifetime, given the great mini game collection. The SHMUP mode is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Fawf posted:

The Kirby anime was pretty good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpLotWEQLA

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Guys I know Kirby is super cute and okay I do want Rainbow Curse but I can only afford one cute game this paycheck and Captain Toad has been begging me to go on an adventure with him

do you guys think that

do you think that Kirby will forgive me!?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

medibot posted:

Kirby will wait patiently until you have enough money. Kirby understands that money can sometimes put people in difficult positions where they have to make choices that they wish they didn't have to make. As long as you remember to make time for Kirby, Kirby will make time for you.

yaaaaaay

I promise I will buy Kirby with my tax rebate

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's fantastic and you unlock it in like the second level.

Can listen to it here

Mn that trumpet breakdown is fresh

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ometeotl posted:

Why can I kill the Shotzos in this game? That's very disrespectful to the Kirby canon as well as the Kirby cannon.

Gordo is still invincible right?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ometeotl posted:

So...Bill Murray as Dedede?

Yes.

Bill Murray will also play Kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Adam Bowen posted:

I just beat the 4th world of Mass Attack and now it wants me to go back and find all the rainbow medals I missed which is pretty annoying. But then I got to listen to the Green Grounds overworld music again and run around some more with my happy little kirbys so I guess it's ok.

Also, Kirby: Mass Effect would own.

The backtracking isn't that bad, especially since you probably have already gotten most of the rainbow medals by this point. Plus the levels do beg to be replayed and if you haven't already you'll unlock the sweet rear end minigames.

The final world is all good too, just solid challenge.

• Locked thread