Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bunting is the most beautiful thing
True. To hell with your defensive setup!
False. My team somehow has power and will feast on your lovely pitching.
BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT
View Results

• Locked thread
berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."

vyst posted:

gently caress Virginia, Go Gator

gently caress you, go Virginia

But today it ain't happening (probably), soooooooo go Virginia tomorrow

Edit: drat, ESPN needs to stop creepin out on that one player's sister.

berzerker fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ok_dirdel
Apr 27, 2003

Vandy totally got robbed on that call. Fortunately for them they seem to be able to get on base at will and their pitcher is rolling.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I really, really don't want Vandy to repeat because I want us to be the most recent team to pull that off for as long as possible (four years is just too short). But I also don't want Florida to finally win their first title.

:negative:

ninja e: I realize I'm writing off Virginia here, but I'm not terribly inspired by them right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this pitching change is not going well lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Half my couch is up my rear end right now. Clenched.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
Quite a game so far, great way to end the series regardless of the outcome. Though it will still blow if my team loses.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pitching meltdown. :sigh:

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Pitching meltdown. :sigh:

Not sure Virginia has much juice left in their pitcher's arms either, though. Game's far from over.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bats went silent too. Ugh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It is our destiny to be p good and then lose in the cws

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1 more out

Dang, would have been pretty boss to have CWS champs in both sports

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Well, Virginia made me look like an rear end. Great game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mr 1st Round Shortstop going 0-5 tonight, grounding out weakly to end the game.

Clutch.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Well drat. Brian O'Connor is a genius.

Time to go lose to Vandy again.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

btw I can't name a single player on our team and this is the second time I've watched them play this year lol

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But what will ESPN do without some hot sister to show every 10 minutes?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

berzerker posted:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But what will ESPN do without some hot sister to show every 10 minutes?

Pretty creepy right?

Good luck. Kill Vandy. Dansby Swanson rubs me the wrong way. And his loving name is Dansby.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

We need something from Kirby to have a chance. Still a great run so far

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

LeeMajors posted:

Dansby Swanson rubs me the wrong way. And his loving name is Dansby.

His dad's name is "Cooter".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Pretty creepy right?

Good luck. Kill Vandy. Dansby Swanson rubs me the wrong way. And his loving name is Dansby.

This basically

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Dansby Swanson owns, what are y'all talking about?

RumbleFish posted:

I really, really don't want Vandy to repeat because I want us to be the most recent team to pull that off for as long as possible (four years is just too short). But I also don't want Florida to finally win their first title.

:negative:

ninja e: I realize I'm writing off Virginia here, but I'm not terribly inspired by them right now.

Well get ready for it. We're a much better team than last year, and UVA struggled their way into the CWS to begin with.

Also we just got a monster class in, so we're getting better!

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 22, 2015

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
Noooooooo UVA what are you doing, your uniforms had been so nice, not back to the tacky as poo poo camo for the prime time national championship

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Well let's get this started. If Vandy's bats don't kill UVA, I imagine the lack of pitching depth will, series will be over real quick if Jones doesn't go at least 7 tonight.

berzerker posted:

Noooooooo UVA what are you doing, your uniforms had been so nice, not back to the tacky as poo poo camo for the prime time national championship

When your campus is a World Heritage Site it makes total sense to dress like you're fresh out of a tree stand.

Will say though, out of all the athletes I tutored, the baseball guys were far and away the most country of any sport. Golf was a very distant second.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

elentar posted:

When your campus is a World Heritage Site it makes total sense to dress like you're fresh out of a tree stand.
The only consolation is that Vandy's are somehow just as bad or worse. Vandy's uniforms: brought to you by the SS.

berzerker fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 23, 2015

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

That's it for this game then. Hope Kirby's got something in the tank for the next.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

elentar posted:

That's it for this game then. Hope Kirby's got something in the tank for the next.

Dansbey "ESPN's storyline" Swanson won't last all game. Virginia's come from behind like every win so far, so it's not over yet.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

berzerker posted:

Dansbey "ESPN's storyline" Swanson won't last all game. Virginia's come from behind like every win so far, so it's not over yet.

Swanson probably will since he's at SS; Fulmer won't, but Kyle Wright is a lights-out closer. It'd actually be nice to keep the game close enough to make Wright pitch, at least, to maybe rule him out for the next.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

elentar posted:

Swanson probably will since he's at SS; Fulmer won't, but Kyle Wright is a lights-out closer. It'd actually be nice to keep the game close enough to make Wright pitch, at least, to rule him out for the next.

Whoops, yeah, that's who I meant.

Honestly I think the ump has made a big difference on this game, calling a ton of very very questionable strikes on both sides. That makes it much easier on pitchers and tougher on batters.

Edit: NOW it's over.

berzerker fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 23, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

berzerker posted:

The only consolation is that Vandy's are somehow just as bad or worse. Vandy's uniforms: brought to you by the SS.

We've referred to them as our 20s gangster uniforms.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
also no way Fulmer isn't going back out for the 8th. With this lead and his talent there's just no way.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

We've referred to them as our 20s gangster uniforms.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

lol so gray and black thick stripes look more like the uniform than a pinstripe suit? Ok.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

lol so gray and black thick stripes look more like the uniform than a pinstripe suit? Ok.

It's more that plus the big star, even if it's not the Star of David.

Either way, awful awful uniforms. (Not that UVA is any better)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

berzerker posted:

It's more that plus the big star, even if it's not the Star of David.

Either way, awful awful uniforms. (Not that UVA is any better)

They're awesome and you're overthinking it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Difference in pitching depth so much on display here, Vandy could go to their weakest acceptable bullpen arm to finish that inning, and if he couldn't get it done there were 3 or 4 more like him waiting. Meanwhile UVA has no one after Sborz, so they can't keep the game close enough to make Vandy actually burn someone important.

Oddly I think the only team from that side of the bracket that UVA might've matched up with is LSU; Vandy, TCU, and even Fullerton with just way too many arms for a three-game set.

edit: Really wish we could've seen that side of things without the Fullerton-Vandy rain delay. Eshelman would've likely kept that lead, and everything would've been way more interesting.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

They're awesome and you're overthinking it.

A looks like B.

A difficult train of logic to follow to be sure.

elentar posted:

Difference in pitching depth so much on display here, Vandy could go to their weakest acceptable bullpen arm to finish that inning, and if he couldn't get it done there were 3 or 4 more like him waiting. Meanwhile UVA has no one after Sborz, so they can't keep the game close enough to make Vandy actually burn someone important.

Oddly I think the only team from that side of the bracket that UVA might've matched up with is LSU; Vandy, TCU, and even Fullerton with just way too many arms for a three-game set.

edit: Really wish we could've seen that side of things without the Fullerton-Vandy rain delay. Eshelman would've kept that lead, and everything would've been way more interesting.

Depends if Kirby can give any meaningful innings. Either way probably not enough to make a difference, but then UVA was never supposed to get this far in the first place, so even as a fan it's hard to get mad at them for running low on championship-caliber pitchers.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UVA should've taken their medicine so we wouldn't have to witness this Vandy repeat. Way to gently caress everything up, you chardonnay-sipping elitists.

:ughh:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wow, they're using Wright after all. I know you want to nail down the game and all, but this feels like a mistake to me. Plenty of other guys in that pen who can hold a five-run lead here.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

UVA should've taken their medicine so we wouldn't have to witness this Vandy repeat. Way to gently caress everything up, you chardonnay-sipping elitists.

Couldn't let a school full of dummies play for the title, sorry though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Ungratek posted:

Couldn't let a school full of dummies play for the title, sorry though!

:hfive:

• Locked thread