Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Is there a way to disable that WiFi Sense stuff before it sends any data to MS? Only solution I've found so far requires you to also change your network SSID, which means that every device currently able to connect will need to be reconfigured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Oh, I was under the impression that it was opt-out, my bad. Haven't been able to try W10 myself because I'm not getting the upgrade offer, not sure if it's a Bootcamp issue or because I bought my key through my university a couple years back and it's counting as a volume licence or something. But a dozen family members have called me up about it the past few days, so I thought I'd do some reading up.

Edit: seems like it's enabled if you install using express settings, at least in previous builds.

Jolan fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 6, 2015

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Diviance posted:

Isn't the option turned on, but you still need to actually enable it for each individual wifi network?

Skarsnik posted:

Yes but you still need to actually share a network, it doesn't share stuff automatically

Allright, thanks for the info.

I just found out that the update required to show the W10 upgrade icon was hidden, so now that that's fixed I can get some first-hand experience and stop asking stupid questions.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
So in the Windows 10 app, it says "you will need to activate Windows before upgrading" in "check your PC", but in PC properties it says it's correctly activated and displays my key, and running "activate Windows" just returns "activation was successful". Can't find any info on it online, only about activating Windows 10. Is this an issue?

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
How long have you guys had to wait from signing up for the upgrade to actually being able to install it?

• Locked thread