Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
:siren: Since all episodes will be released simultaneously, no spoiler tags are necessary in here. Read at your own risk!:siren:

Bosch, an original TV series for Amazon Prime based on Michael Connelly's 19 books about Los Angeles Police Department Detective Harry Bosch, premieres Friday. The good news is when Connelly isn't playing poker with Richard Castle, he is also serving as an Executive Producer and Writer for the series., so hopefully the series will stay pretty true to the characters. Season one will take elements from three books in the series, City of Bones, The Concrete Blonde and Echo Park. Connelly has said City of Bones will be the backbone of the first season with parts from the other two books. Things have been tweaked a bit from the books with Bosch being a bit younger and a vet of the Persian Gulf War instead of Vietnam.

The first episode is a substantial rebuild of the Pilot, so you shouldn't skip it even if you saw the pilot. It looks to have a strong cast and initial reviews have been positive.

Starring:

Titus Welliver as Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch.

Jamie Hector as Bosch's partner, Jerry Edgar.

Lance Reddick as Deputy Chief Irvin Irving.

Amy Aquino as Lieutenant Grace Billets.

and

Annie Wersching as Julie Brasher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
About halfway through and it's been really good. If you've read the books it's interesting to see them weave the different stories together. Took me a bit to realize the one cop was Mac's dad from It's Always Sunny.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Just finished it and it was good, not great. They glossed over things like why Pounds hates Bosch, they even took you to the bar with Billets asking Bosch why Pounds hated him, and it was a 10 second explanation about nothing. Throwing the Billets and Kiz lesbian couple thing in there for really no reason. (Billets did mention she was seeing someone on the force, which was perhaps why she was so hard on Bosch about his relationship.)

I'm a huge fan of the books, I just think they could have done more with it really.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
He enlisted at 17 if I remember right. I think they had to go this way for cost reasons, probably cheaper to shoot everything if it's present day compared to rolling everything back to the 90's.

• Locked thread