Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Sims 4 has a dynamic soundtrack in Create-a-Sim mode and Build mode, which changes depending on what you're doing. If you're changing what your Sim wears or are picking out, say, furniture or appliances, you get a full orchestra version of the song. If you go in to do some more detailed work, like changing a Sim's hairdo or head jewelry, or you're picking out floor tiles and wallpaper, you get a slimmed down version of the song, with some strings, piano, and some light percussion. Going in to do the most detail, like editing the Sim's facial details gives you a simple piano version of the song. It's all seamless and fades in and out when you switch what you're doing, and it's a great callback to The Sims' original build mode soundtrack.

Speaking of, The Sims 1 had some wonderful songs, especially in piano mode. When I was a kid I was always scared of the piano music though, it felt depressing and sad so I ended up abusing a glitch where if you switched Build and Buy mode quick enough you'd get Buy mode music during Build mode. Nowadays I really appreciate the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mke9z4qfTFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread