Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Someone PM that Faithmouse guy so that he can claim an easy victory by making a sequel to his earlier masterpiece.

That's the one where Drunk Duck t-bone's the Doonesbury folks, right? Someone please post that one as well; thanks! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I didn't see my two favorite Swillmores

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

:siren: New rule::siren: Your entry has to be something you made since the contest started. If Deep Hurting wants to make a new swillmore that will be fine. I just don't want anyone to feel discouraged or that they have no chance to win. The entries so far have been great but there's still 12 days left, anyone can still win this.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

To be fair, he only posted Swillmore when someone said "someone please post Swillmore for inspiration," idk if it was meant as an entry.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Have another
Original:

Edit:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ThirdPartyView posted:

That's the one where Drunk Duck t-bone's the Doonesbury folks, right? Someone please post that one as well; thanks! :v:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I like that the sound effect is "FREEEEEP!"

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

:siren: New rule::siren: Your entry has to be something you made since the contest started. If Deep Hurting wants to make a new swillmore that will be fine. I just don't want anyone to feel discouraged or that they have no chance to win. The entries so far have been great but there's still 12 days left, anyone can still win this.

alnilam posted:

To be fair, he only posted Swillmore when someone said "someone please post Swillmore for inspiration".

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's not really fair for me (or rubbercat, or Dan Lacy, or Bloody Holly and his amazing gifs) to be able to enter stuff we already made.

That being said, I do think every one of the people I just mentioned should be encouraged to make new stuff for the contest.

Should all the old ARTD/Swillmore material be moved from individual posts to the OP, maybe?

I always thought something looked weird about the drawing in the first panel, and I just now figured out what it is: He gave the duck pants. Mallard Fillmore, like most cartoon ducks, never wears pants.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 17, 2015

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Deep Hurting posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's not really fair for me (or rubbercat, or Dan Lacy, or Bloody Holly and his amazing gifs) to be able to enter stuff we already made.

Should all the old ARTD/Swillmore material be moved from individual posts to the OP, maybe?

Sorry about that, I misread your post last night. I added more examples to the op but you don't need to edit your posts.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Deep Hurting posted:

I always thought something looked weird about the drawing in the first panel, and I just now figured out what it is: He gave the duck pants. Mallard Fillmore, like his drunk cartoonist, never wears pants.
fixed.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Dullard Fillmore

Cholmondeley fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 17, 2015

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

That's supposed to be dactylic hexameter. I figure if it's wrong then it's just a tribute to Tinsley's standard mangled verse.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

That Liefeld Captain America holy poo poo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

there wolf posted:

That's supposed to be dactylic hexameter. I figure if it's wrong then it's just a tribute to Tinsley's standard mangled verse.
Athenian Feathered Oracle makes an appearance :eyepop:

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Entries are starting to taper down so I'm going to move the deadline back to Feb. 22. If anyone needs more time than that let me know. I don't want to rush anyone that might be working on something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Whats the font you guys are using?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

duck monster posted:

Whats the font you guys are using?

I downloaded a bunch of strips from the internet and cut-and-pasted letters and words. Figured it would look more authentic, not least because the way he writes has a lot of letters jumbling up against each other.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

What's the.....erm, punchline of the original?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Feral_Shofixti posted:

What's the.....erm, punchline of the original?

Replace "pizza hut" by "public education".

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Entries are starting to taper down so I'm going to move the deadline back to Feb. 22. If anyone needs more time than that let me know. I don't want to rush anyone that might be working on something.

What time is the deadline on the 22nd? At the beginning of the day, or the end of the day?

I wanna try making something new for the contest, but I gotta finish a political cartoon of my own I've been working on for my website, first.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Deep Hurting posted:

What time is the deadline on the 22nd? At the beginning of the day, or the end of the day?

I wanna try making something new for the contest, but I gotta finish a political cartoon of my own I've been working on for my website, first.

It will be when I get off from work, so late afternoon/evening.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Continuing in this vein with the minimum of effort:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

orig:

edit:

:shrug:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

alnilam posted:

orig:

edit:

:shrug:

That's a strong entry.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Effectronica posted:

I used two fonts- Carl Barks Script and BlamBlam, both of which are available from ufonts.

Quoting this bc Carls Barks Script was a really good choice, thank you.

Pope Guilty posted:

That's a strong entry.

:blush:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mellard gibson

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

:siren:The contest will be ending in 45 minutes!:siren: If you have an edit or drawing post it now!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

All right, through an extremely complicated system of dead drops and shady middle men, the judges have delivered their decision to me. But first, let me just say thank you to all contestants for participating. I hope you had as much fun making fun of Drinky Duck as we did seeing your various edits. And now: I will reveal the winners:

3rd Place:

The judges are all big fans of Howard the Duck and felt the comparison was quite apt.

2nd place:

The judges were moved to tears by this powerfull speech, also the name John Malt makes me laugh a little every time I hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzAfTmC3It0

1st place:

It wasn't easy picking winners for this. It was very close but the judges felt that Saint Spuntnik's combined edits tipped him just above the competition to win the grand prize.

Again, thanks to all who participated! Cat Mattress and Saint Sputnik please post or pm to me which account upgrade you would like (archives, platinum, or a cert of equal or lesser value).

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That was unexpected. Thank you, shadowy council of mysterious judges.

I can't PM my choice of upgrade because I'd need to have platinum to do that, so I guess platinum is the logical choice? :)

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 25, 2015

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

That was unexpected. Thank you, shadowy council of mysterious judges.

I can't PM my choice of upgrade because I'd need to have platinum to do that, so I guess platinum is the logical choice? :)

Ok, Give me an e-mail address to send the codes to.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

I'm honored! Thank you mysterious judges and thank you koishi for doing the thing

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Ok, Give me an e-mail address to send the codes to.

Done, above.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Done, above.

Codes sent!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
this latest mamlore fillbert

made think "what's the point of this? what could he be trying to say?" and this was the only possible meaning I could figure taking the audience he's aiming for into account:

by the way talking about hagar the horrible in the gave the me the idea "what would it be like if strips from hagar the horrible had speech bubbles filled in with mallard fillmore speech"

it wasn't a rousing success but I posted them anyway

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 27, 2015

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Actually i really like Hagar Fillmore, it drives home how absurd it is that mallard is on the goddamn funny pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I rushed to put together an entry the very moment I heard that this contest was announced:

• Locked thread