Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
I can do all things through christ wrestling
drat Bendo calling out Rory is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

NippleFloss posted:

Bendo is and always has been real cool, sad some people forgot that.
It's probably because of the lack of finishes in recent years, but I've always thought his lightweight run was pretty entertaining. The Gilbert, Miller, Bocek, Guida, and Edgar fights were all pretty entertaining. A finish isn't necessarily an indicator of a quality fight. See Mir vs. Cro cop.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

People called me stupid for saying I thought Bendo deserved to be the favorite. That went just like the Khabilov fight, right down the the 4th round RNC finish. I love Bendo's boxing and I'm glad he's back to punching people and away from push kicking thighs. Too bad he doesn't seem to have much power. If he did he'd be unstoppable and those close decisions when he was champion would have looked a lot different.
I think he'd be better off sticking to his grappling heavy style where he would put people on the cage and then beat the poo poo out of them, like what he did to Guida and Bocek. In his most recent fights, (Dos Anjos and Pettis) he seemed pretty content to strike with them, and unfortunately he isn't very good at sticking to one style. He does much better when he's mixing things up, which I think is where he gets his nickname ie "smooth" (because he can transition from one style of fighting to another with ease)

• Locked thread