Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Haha Cole pulled him into that headbutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Oh poo poo, that is a fight stopping cut

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That second "headbutt" wasn't poo poo. Cole is just lining up an excuse for when he loses.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tekken combos with throws are hard as gently caress.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Holloway spamming spin kicks to close the fight was awesome.

Cole whining after the bell is just perfect. It won't do anything for you, buddy.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Thatch with some p4p bad cornrows.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Bendo is definitely the bigger star, but don't hometown guys normally get the second walkout?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I love Bendo and I'm very worried right now. :ohdear:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

WRESTLE BEN WRESTLE

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Benson is a huge lightweight and Thatch makes him look like a drat child.

Competitive first though. Love those hooks that Bendo is ripping to the body.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That sweep to punch looks like it's from a goddamn movie. Thatch is awesome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dr. Abysmal posted:

At least having to fight a much bigger guy is preventing Benson from doing his stupid stuff like jabbing the thigh

It's making him fight like Henderson did before the title. High volume and varied strikes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This fight is awesome.

Thatch is gassed and that takedown has got to give Ben confidence in his shot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I am so loving stoked right now. I ran around the apartment and made my girlfriend high five me. Ben Henderson is the loving best

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I had Ben up on the cards anyways, but drat that was some great underdog poo poo. I'm so glad that the UFC ran this card so drat late that I could get Valentine's Day stuff over with and watch a man with a great mane tackle a man twice his size.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

EvanSchenck posted:

Man 155 must be harsh as poo poo, Bendo just murdered the poo poo out of this welterweight

e: jesus his face looks like he got tenderized or he was in a car accident or some poo poo

155 is such a shark tank that Bendo just called out a top 5 welterweight to hopefully get another win and jump back into the lightweight picture.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Thatch vs Erick Silva in a 7-minute, one round fight where both are given a shot of adrenaline at the Dude Wipes official checkpoint. Make this happen, Dana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MacDougall posted:

It was brilliant by Bendo. He had Thatch in a straight jacket and to get enough leverage in his back to pull forward it's natural to lift your chin up. The whole sequence was a plan imo.

Bendo was clearly fighting the entire fight with a nice strategy. He worked the body hard in the first two rounds without much threat of a takedown because Thatch was too big to get down while fresh. In the third, Thatch started to tire and Bendo got his back. The hand fighting was preventing a real submission attempt, but I think it was a part of the strategy to just ride the back for a round and really wear on Thatch's cardio. And it all paid dividends in the end when the takedown came so easily and Thatch seemed too tired to put up anything beyond basic grappling defense.

• Locked thread