Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
this is a much better thread but I sort of want Mangymania to get checked a little bit. This ain't the opponent to do so... soon though.. soon.

And it's crazy how the recent formerly LightWeight Champion of the World could get totally hosed up in 24 hours to a guy who's just starting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

This is not an aesthetically pleasing fight to me

It's pretty poo poo
This card feels like it's been going on all day and I dunno how much more I can take. Thank god I have a benson Henderson 5 rounder coming up

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Kunimoto www doing alright for a lot longer than I thought he was gonna, almost half the fight. But now it's only a matter of time until he gets TKO'd by Magny fury

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

All you guys who live near jersey should totally go to that fox card if tickets aren't outrageous. Cause that card is already loaded with good fights

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Benson may not win but this is feeling like his best/most impressive bout since the 1st Edgar match.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

Dana White on Anderson's positive test: "Lots of bad poo poo is coming Wednesday"

:ohdear:

I wonder what he meant by that. I just got home so I didn't catch him say it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Benson Henderson lives in Phoenix so I'm guessing it came from Fry's food and drug store. It's not a bad chain but the stores vary from location to location. Or it may have came from Albertsons but they're sometimes a little more pricey.

If you mean where did it come from during the fight, his coach has spoken about it before. This was from an interview after the Nate Diaz fight when I believe it was noticed for the 1st (2nd?) time.

John Crouch posted:

Something kinda crazy that came out of the event last night were all these questions about whether Ben fights with a toothpick in his mouth. You train with him and see him all the time. Is that just a comfort thing? Does he really do that? Or are you not at liberty to discuss it?

I don't ever know when he had it in. I tell him not to do it and he either does or doesn't do it. I don't know. We're gonna work on it. I think with all this attention, hopefully this will stop him from doing it anymore. I've been asking him for years not to do it. I've checked. I've physically looked. I can't tell if he has it or not sometimes. He's a stubborn kid and that's why he's a champion. I don't know why that's his little thing. I'm sure they're gonna give him a hard time about it. I didn't know it was in there. It makes me sad that that's what people wanted to talk about. I understand it's a curiosity, but at the press conference, some idiot that was the first question they wanted to talk about. Like seriously? You just watched that fight and the first question you're gonna ask about is a toothpick? That's crazy. When you're in the public eye and you do something, people notice.

I also vaguely remember someone saying that Benson keeps the pick in his mouth for so long it's mostly soggy and not of any real danger to anybody, but it is still a very stupid thing to do in a fight for both competitors. And also against the rules.

I'm totally in favor of Benson doing it though. If he's not going to take PEDs and do cocaine like the other bad boys he can at least bring a toothpick into the cage every match.

• Locked thread