Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Rodyle posted:

Well it WAS Dick but I guess it's Plutonis now
No, no one can ever replace Dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Plutonis runs nothing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He runs away from me, because he is afraid and small.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

He runs away from me, because he is afraid and small.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still laughing at key word: rape

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Still laughing at key word: rape

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"borderline Hentai" is the most useless tag in the world

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

chumbler posted:

Yo why are you not watching BBB?
I might get around to it later but mostly I just don't particularly care for Nightow + FUNi's streaming service being historically lovely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I might get around to it later but mostly I just don't particularly care for Nightow + FUNi's streaming service being historically lovely.

Funimation's stuff on Hulu works a lot better because they're just piggybacking off of Hulu's tech I suppose. So there's that option unless it's not available in your region, I'm pretty sure they do the "free after a week" structure too

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

"borderline Hentai" is the most useless tag in the world

Not really. There are actually non-18+ shows that may as well be hentai (Aki Sora, Qwaser of Stigmata, and Yosuga no Sora to name a few).

The tag is probably heavily misused though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The most useless is 'uncensored' because we stopped getting uncensored hentai in like 2005.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'll teach you what true rape is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YbMGW6xSzw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Offkorn posted:

Not really. There are actually non-18+ shows that may as well be hentai (Aki Sora, Qwaser of Stigmata, and Yosuga no Sora to name a few).

The tag is probably heavily misused though.

I just mean why kid yourself. Just download Hentai.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

I just mean why kid yourself. Just download Hentai.

Well, I think it's useful for avoidance. You know which shows to avoid since they're probably just a half-assed excuse for hentai.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't quite get it myself but there does seem to be a particular pervert demographic that makes it worthwhile to make your to love rus and your queen's blades over something that show a dick

aers
Feb 15, 2012

none of the anime names are capitalized, yet Rape is

makes you think

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

aers posted:

none of the anime names are capitalized, yet Rape is

makes you think

Of course. One is a Trigger and the other is made by Trigger :downsrim:.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

The most useless is 'uncensored' because we stopped getting uncensored hentai in like 2005.

There is the occasional uncensored German market release but the video quality is complete poo poo. Among other issues, the image is noticeably overexposed probably because of an :effort: video conversion and disc authoring and they couldn't be bothered to make it look right.

Why do I know this? :negative:

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 5, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edward IV posted:

There is the occasional uncensored German market release but the video quality is complete poo poo. Among other issues, the image is noticeably overexposed probably because of an :effort: video conversion and disc authoring and they couldn't be bothered to make it look right.

Why do I know this? :negative:

Because you have a strong appreciation for the craft.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Really enjoying Arslan, just watched the first three episodes before work this morning and I'll catch up to current when I get home.

So many handsome warrior men.

I also watched the first episode of Show by Rock. I have no idea what I was expecting but that wasn't it. Very strange show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HMS Boromir posted:

I don't quite get it myself but there does seem to be a particular pervert demographic that makes it worthwhile to make your to love rus and your queen's blades over something that show a dick
the ecchi shows usually bother to give the characters some sense of personality and purpose

also some people are into ladies in skimpy outfits cutting up orcs or whatever

the thinking man's JO

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is more to a waifu than just appearance. Granted, usually not a whole lot more, but still.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
July show, weird art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRWcVlNPsc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Could be interesting, has nice music too. I keep hoping Bamco are going to bring over the most recent God Eater game but so far they've disappointed me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So the video game gets regular anime style trailers whereas the actual anime looks like tweened game graphics. Huh.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

They actually made a promotional mini-movie for this like 5 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkm5MKMrbhs

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Sure seems to have a lot of still frames with lips flapping open and shut.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

poo poo you discovered the secret

its anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aers posted:

poo poo you discovered the secret

its anime

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

ugh disgusting

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Fangz posted:

Sure seems to have a lot of still frames with lips flapping open and shut.

And still a 24 episode series predominately made of lip flaps and still frames manages to cost more than a single beautifully animated movie. No wonder anime is a dying industry.

"Beautifully" in this case means more than still frames and lip flaps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is that true?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I guess 24 episodes of lovely TV is like 6 times as long as a movie, so no matter what quality of TV you're making that is hella frames to produce.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I guess I mean, yeah, obviously anime production is about cost cutting where possible, etc. But trailers are meant to show off and entice people. That trailer looks kinda lazy and that's not a good sign.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They're just saving up the budget for the actual show

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Add Ore Monogatari/My Love Story to that list.

I tried but the premise does feel a little too wacky even for my standards. Is it shoujo or josei?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Seraph of the End manages to be pretty funny and has a ersatz Sasuke as a protagonist that's actually interesting because he's actually kind of funny. Anyone considering making a thread?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alder posted:

I tried but the premise does feel a little too wacky even for my standards. Is it shoujo or josei?

Shoujo and it's really good.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Alder posted:

It's really really good, much better than most shoujo out there, I'd put it a little below Chihayafuru in how much I am enjoying it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Seraph of the End manages to be pretty funny and has a ersatz Sasuke as a protagonist that's actually interesting because he's actually kind of funny. Anyone considering making a thread?

Do it.

• Locked thread