Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
I pre-ordered the monster hunter 4u version and got it at the midnight launch.

Unfortunately the touch screen is busted, and I can't exchange it for another one because every monster hunter n3ds was spoken for by pre-order and there won't be any more.

Black new 3ds it is :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Proud new owner of a 2DS now

Because meh to the New 3DS' features.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Bloomington posted:

Unfortunately the touch screen is busted, and I can't exchange it for another one because every monster hunter n3ds was spoken for by pre-order and there won't be any more.

send it to nintendo and they'll give you a new mh one

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
How close do you have to physically be to another 3DS to pick up a StreetPass?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Bloomington posted:

Is it broken as in broken lcd, or just doesn't work right?

If the second, take off your screen protector of you have one, and also try loosening the screws underneath the back plate a turn or two.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Vegastar posted:

Is it broken as in broken lcd, or just doesn't work right?

If the second, take off your screen protector of you have one, and also try loosening the screws underneath the back plate a turn or two.

Apparently Nintendo also recommends gently pressing the screen in where it meets the body and using a toothbrush to clean out any sort of manufacturing residue.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

New 3DS loving owns.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Jadaris posted:

How close do you have to physically be to another 3DS to pick up a StreetPass?

I don't think nintendo has ever spoken officially on that - if they have it's not easily found by google - but the consensus seems to be 60-100 feet depending on obstructions, other wifi signals, etc.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've picked up street passes from cars going the other way on the freeway and I've not been able to pick up street passes from 3dses literally sitting on top of my 3ds so the real answer to the question "How far away can I be and still pick up street passes?" is "Maybe."

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I still don't know what good StreetPasses are for aside from the Eon Ticket.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

I still don't know what good StreetPasses are for aside from the Eon Ticket.

They do neat stuff in some games and it's kinda fun spending 5 minutes on the puzzle swap/streetpass quest stuff at the end of the day (I just unlocked Streetpass Quest 2 by completing the first one twice and had no idea it existed)

Puzzle Swap feels very futile though because in the time it takes me to complete one 40 piece puzzle they've added like 3 more

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol ok sure, this new console which isn't really all that different from the current one needs a new thread, sure

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You don't get it, the speakers are a little louder

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

forbidden lesbian posted:

lol ok sure, this new console which isn't really all that different from the current one needs a new thread, sure

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529734&pagenumber=1292&perpage=40#post441443209

:)

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

FTFY

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
In Dream Team, how annoying is the handholding? The RPG series is my favorite spin off, but I can see myself easily getting annoyed if the game just holds my hand 100% of the time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Please don't do that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh sorry i didn't see that post from 20 pages back, i just thought the op of the old thread closed it for some reason out the blue

carry on

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Was thinking of upgrading my original 3ds for a awhile now. Didn't expect them to sell out everywhere in a day. Oh well. Guess ill have to wait.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

New 3DS owns and worthy of a new thread. Buy one today!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do screen protectors like the Hori brand ones reduce glare at all? I'm sort of wondering if that might be contributing to the headache thing I've mentioned.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

New 3DS owns and worthy of a new thread. Buy one today!

I'm trying. poo poo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm getting back into Shin Megami Tensei IV after dropping it for a while. I kinda want to do the chaos route because I think Jonathan is lame. That`s pretty much my only argument. :buddy:

Some people in taverns say I'm a very polite fellow, which I'm guessing means I'm currently on a lawful route. How long do I have to try and reroute myself and how tricky will it be? I just got to the part where Walter left to go check out the true meaning of evil.

Second question: how much longer is this game I've been playing it for 40 hours already jeez

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ciaphas posted:

Do screen protectors like the Hori brand ones reduce glare at all? I'm sort of wondering if that might be contributing to the headache thing I've mentioned.

Not particularly no. You're looking for ones with matte finishes.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

incorporeal posted:

I'm trying. poo poo

If it makes you feel better I'm having a blast with Monster Hunter 4. The improved graphics are noticeably better. I had a circle pad pro for my XL than I will kinda miss but the nub is really easy to get used to.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

If it makes you feel better I'm having a blast with Monster Hunter 4.

It does, thank you.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Majora's Mask is so strange. I'm just at the start too, and it's pretty weird. It feels pretty open too, which is a nice change.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
So Best Buy twitter is saying everyones 3DS is still just sitting in the warehouse and they're too busy jacking off to send them out. However calling or email support has this to say instead:

quote:

"I am sorry to hear you are still yet to receive your order. I understand it can be quite disappointing. Let me provide you information regarding that.

As I was reviewing your order, it appears that your order was in backorder and our warehouse is still securing inventory of the item. Estimated date of delivery of your order is moved on 02/19/2015. You will receive an e-mail notification once your order has been shipped.

And my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you."

So who the gently caress knows what is going on with Best Buy right now.

Cless Alvein fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 15, 2015

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I'm getting back into Shin Megami Tensei IV after dropping it for a while. I kinda want to do the chaos route because I think Jonathan is lame. That`s pretty much my only argument. :buddy:

Some people in taverns say I'm a very polite fellow, which I'm guessing means I'm currently on a lawful route. How long do I have to try and reroute myself and how tricky will it be? I just got to the part where Walter left to go check out the true meaning of evil.

Second question: how much longer is this game I've been playing it for 40 hours already jeez

Honestly I'd say try for the neutral ending. Both the law and chaos endings are pretty bad and neutral has the most content. Though you do have quite a bit of time to change your alignment still. There are two areas that I think should come up pretty soon that have quite a few alignment decisions and then after that the big decision that locks your alignment.

Also if you haven't done the tournament sidequest yet you could do that and chose to kill everyone you defeat for more chaos points

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Looks like imma pick up the New 3DS at some point.

It's worth it just for the new 3D so I don't get nauseous after a few hours of use

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Honestly I'd say try for the neutral ending. Both the law and chaos endings are pretty bad and neutral has the most content. Though you do have quite a bit of time to change your alignment still. There are two areas that I think should come up pretty soon that have quite a few alignment decisions and then after that the big decision that locks your alignment.

Also if you haven't done the tournament sidequest yet you could do that and chose to kill everyone you defeat for more chaos points

What do you recommend to set me into neutral? I have no idea how far into law I am. I don't want to get down to neutral and then realize the big decision is going to swing me out of it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not particularly no. You're looking for ones with matte finishes.

So there are anti-glare protectors, just not the Hori brand? Thanks, I'll have a look at the gamestop down the street I suppose.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Cless Alvein posted:

So Best Buy twitter is saying everyones 3DS is still just sitting in the warehouse and they're too busy jacking off to send them out. However calling or email support has this to say instead:

This sounds like Nintendo either said they'd have x amount of consoles or Best Buy bought x amount and only got y or something.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

If it makes you feel better I'm having a blast with Monster Hunter 4. The improved graphics are noticeably better. I had a circle pad pro for my XL than I will kinda miss but the nub is really easy to get used to.

CPP kinda suck tho. The right stick is next to the buttons instead of above or below them. I have one attached for MM but in using the L-targeting more because it just feels better.

I haven't tried the nub but the placement seems like an improvement.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Cless Alvein posted:

Hahaha oh man does that blow.

I mean, this does really suck, but not entirely surprising because fuuuuuuuck Best Buy.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

What do you recommend to set me into neutral? I have no idea how far into law I am. I don't want to get down to neutral and then realize the big decision is going to swing me out of it.

The problem with SMTIV is that as far as I know there's no way to tell how far into one alignment you are. Just start making all the chaos decisions you can until the people at the bar aren't sure what to think of you or say something about you being chaotic or whatever, then try to maintain a balance.

Though the final 2 areas before the big decision don't have any bars to check your alignment at and you can't go back to Tokyo until the decision is made so just make sure to keep a save at the beginning of the second area (you'll know them when you see them) and go back to it if your alignment isn't what you want after the decision.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Obligatory Toast posted:

Hahaha oh man does that blow.

I mean, this does really suck, but not entirely surprising because fuuuuuuuck Best Buy.

It's hilarious that, so far, the overall best consumer experience people have had is from loving Wal-mart.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I can't watch conversations between those two without this guy popping into my head.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
my new 3DSXL is cool and all, but I can't help wishing I had got the normal one instead. This feels a bit too big and the huge screens only seem to highlight the 3DS's poor graphical power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Popehoist posted:

my new 3DSXL is cool and all, but I can't help wishing I had got the normal one instead. This feels a bit too big and the huge screens only seem to highlight the 3DS's poor graphical power

You'll get used to it quick and won't be able to drop down to the regular size soon enough.