Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

bwa ha ha... anyway, what a lucky guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

THE PENETRATOR posted:

What the gently caress does it cost with the box and the book?! Am I secretly rich?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arx Monolith posted:

What the gently caress does it cost with the box and the book?! Am I secretly rich?

My dear friend, you are about to come into a great deal of wealth.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Arx Monolith posted:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EARTHBOUN...=item4ae3eb0838

:eyepop:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Rare-Earthbound-Store-Poster-SNES-/251839399829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa2cc4795

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Just the comments on the YouTube video of me taking a blowtorch to my factory-sealed copy would be worth far more than the current sale price. I wouldn't even monetize that poo poo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Does the game stimulate ejaculation? Why the price?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VendaGoat posted:

Good game, low print run, didn't sell well, giant cardboard box from the 90s.

You can get it cheaper on the Virtual Console even if you include the price of the Wii U to play it on. :v:

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

VendaGoat posted:

Super rare and very popular RPGs. RPGs for the SNES usually had very limited runs. Heck, back when the SNES was current gen, I managed to get a copy of Ogre Battle early and it later was sold for $150+ used before the re-release on Playstation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The print run wasn't even that low, around 500,000. The price is just nuts.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Jesus....

I think I have a copy of FFThree. whatever the gently caress that is in Japanese versions. With book and box. AM I a millionaire?

Edit: oh and I know I have super metroid somewhere.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

my friend lost my copy of earthbound on the bus like 15 years ago. he bought me some pokeman cards to make up for it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Goddamn, that costs more that M.U.S.H.A.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
SNES prices are nuts. I sold a copy of Evo untested, no box no manual for $200USD as is.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus....

I think I have a copy of FFThree. whatever the gently caress that is in Japanese versions. With book and box. AM I a millionaire?

Edit: oh and I know I have super metroid somewhere.

I saw a local shop selling a Super Metroid cartridge for like $60 bucks. I could never sell that game, though.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

And I thought I was getting ripped off a few years ago when I spent $20 on Bushido Blade at a local store.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
And on the other side of the coin, we have...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You know....

I think I might have to see if I can hook a SNES up to a modern tv, just for shits and giggles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

VendaGoat posted:

I think I might have to see if I can hook a SNES up to a modern tv, just for shits and giggles.

It'll most likely work fine, might have some input lag though.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I had the box, manual, and cartridge for Earthbound in my car when it got stolen. It probably got pawned for next to nothing. I actually originally bought it for $5 when my local Best Buy was unloading all their SNES games after the N64 came out.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

BgRdMchne posted:

Goddamn, that costs more that M.U.S.H.A.

Fuuuuck. Thanks, now I just had to look this up.

:( I traded mine in with the rest of my Genesis games for $10 a piece towards a preorder on a Playstation. Who knew?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

You know....

My SNES N64 and Gamecube work just fine on a 60" plasma. I'm going to need some intermediary device to hook up my NES though. I think the TV just can't see the analog signal through the coax. I'm thinking a VCR maybe would work?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Both my copy of the game and book were free.

A guy mom used to work with couch surfed with us for a month or so. When he moved out he left behind SNES games which was garbage except Earthbound and Super Mario RPG so I took those. Fair trade since he took Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia.

The book came from my hoarder grandparents who got it in an auction and gave it to me because I like videogames.

I wouldn't have paid money for Earthbound let alone that much. Game was such a disappointment after hearing all the praise over the years.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Earthbound's price is less about a low print run and more about it being a game from the end of the SNES cycle. As a poster above mentioned it came out shortly before the N64, and stores were left with a glut of them. Since fewer people bought them retail there are fewer copies circulating now. There's probably pallets of the game sitting in a warehouse or a dump somewhere.

Same thing happened to Conker's Bad Fur Day. It doesn't hurt that both games are cult classics.

Also retro games are hot poo poo right now anyway. There's a reason this emote exists :retrogames:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

The print run wasn't even that low, around 500,000. The price is just nuts.

Meanwhile if you shop around you can pick up the Japanese version for under a buck. Weird how that happens.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I wasn't sure if this should go here, or the creepy pictures thread.

But here is a page from the diary of one of the girls who was arrested for the Slender Man Stabbing a year or so ago:

It's best to imagine it being read by Louise from Bob's Burgers.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Feb 18, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

But here is a page from the diary of one of the girls who was arrested for the SDlender Man Stabbing a year or so ago:

Thanks for bringing us one page, but I'm not walking through the woods all night to find the other nine.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

VendaGoat posted:

You know how works of art appreciate in value over time? The way Van Gogh's paintings were more or less worthless before he died, or a renaissance masterpiece may now be worth tens and thousands more than it ever could in its creation?

Well, basically, video game nerds don't care about art, history or indeed anything other than video games so they'll waste all their money on a video game cartridge for a game they never intend to play again, instead displaying it proudly and prominently in their living room as some sort of electronic pussy repellant because it reminds them of a simpler time in their life when they were happy and free of responsibilities.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nastyman posted:

You know how works of art appreciate in value over time? The way Van Gogh's paintings were more or less worthless before he died, or a renaissance masterpiece may now be worth tens and thousands more than it ever could in its creation?

Well, basically, video game nerds don't care about art, history or indeed anything other than video games so they'll waste all their money on a video game cartridge for a game they never intend to play again, instead displaying it proudly and prominently in their living room as some sort of electronic pussy repellant because it reminds them of a simpler time in their life when they were happy and free of responsibilities.

It's the Beer Mirror of the nerd community. Got it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cleretic posted:

And on the other side of the coin, we have...

In 5th grade i had a first edition charizard card that i brought to school. I left it in my pants and my mom put it in the washing machine. :qq:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have and original SNES Chrono Trigge with box, manual, and poster.. and I bought it all for $5 when I was a kid and the local video store was going out of business. It's no Earthbound price-wise, but it's still not cheap. I think it would be more if they hadn't re-released it like 3 times..

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

DrBouvenstein posted:

But here is a page from the diary of one of the girls who was arrested for the Slender Man Stabbing a year or so ago:

Does that say "Cheesecake (masky/hoodie)" ? Are those things somehow connected ?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Make sure to bring the will to live.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Len posted:

Both my copy of the game and book were free.

A guy mom used to work with couch surfed with us for a month or so. When he moved out he left behind SNES games which was garbage except Earthbound and Super Mario RPG so I took those. Fair trade since he took Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia.

Not really a fair trade when you factor in that guy was totally banging your mom.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Istari posted:

Does that say "Cheesecake (masky/hoodie)" ? Are those things somehow connected ?

Choosekatz (musky/hectic)

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Some of the Sheep posted:

Choosekatz (musky/hectic)

Is that supposed to mean something to me ?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

If Luck Be in the Air Tonight were the solution then the I in Air would be revealed. :colbert:

• Locked thread