Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

The Reddit Delusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SLUMPERS posted:

Here is his author page on Amazon. It's amazing.

Edit: His picture makes him look like a Russian who watched Top Gun and said "Yes."

I think he is obsessed with the red head model. Does he just pick from a pool of models that want to be on his covers?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

Is this Al Bundy?

Yes.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Magnus Praeda posted:

That's a game, right? Please tell me there's a game that will let me race a Robin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atrll2yr8Ds

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bart Fargo posted:

Man, if there were ever a show that needed a second series, this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rNBAMt-kg

They wanted to make a 2nd series, but it was cost prohibitive with the way they shot. They shot everything normal, than in post added the 80's "effects"

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are there any video game movie adaptations that are good / competent?

I remember the first Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie being sort of okay for what it was but haven't seen it in a while.

Super Mario Brothers starring Dennis Hopper.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jellymouth posted:

The Mario Bros movie is a terrific film, because its a perfect representation of what a Mario game looks like to an 8yo who has consumed so much sugar and caffeine that his pupils are vibrating and he is up until dawn playing Super Mario World in some bizarre trance. What I'm saying is, it brings back a lot of good memories.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I think I recall that Hopper actually bought a house from the money he made on the movie. He loving haaaaaated working on it, he was only supposed to be on set for a couple of weeks but because of production bullshit that blew out to a couple months.

But however much Hopper hated the film it's nothing on how badly Bob Hoskins hated it. He loving loathed that production, to the point where he was getting hosed-up-drunk with John Leguizamo between takes every day. Hoskins had to wear a cast on his hand for a lot of the shoot after Leguizamo broke his hand in a van door when they tried to do some driving scenes when he was drunk.

The film killed the career of the co-directors (they went back to making music videos) and Nintendo were so upset with the results that they refused to licence any of their IPs for live action adaptations for decades, only easing up when they approved a live action Pokemon movie last year.

Yikes, I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rysithusiku posted:

Bit of a late response here but.. did his hammer turn into a literal anvil on a stick?

Yes, yes it did.

• Locked thread