Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

BonHair posted:

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and classify the narrator as a type of actor. But I guess that makes sense otherwise.

What about when the narrator is the expert who actually is an expert on the topic/compiled the information and is presenting it? Are teachers actors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

BonHair posted:

Same as when an actor directs and/or writes. She can be both.

I disagree. Acting is pretending; presenting information is not. Not all performance is acting.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I got the US is moon moon

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

kannonfodder posted:

They probably had a wonderfully innocent view of the people who would use them. Little old ladies with bad hips, average folk with sports injuries, maybe a veteran who is missing a leg, that sort of disability.

After I had an accident that had me using a walker, I used one of those carts, and even with my walker propped up in front of me you wouldn't believe the nasty looks I got from the heavy people using theirs.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Krinkle posted:

If you're going to bark at each other I wish you'd splinter off into a separate thread.

I wish you wood leaf them alone :suicide:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

My parents met at a bible college. My dad was in a small choir group and they covered this. Never thought I'd ever see that anywhere but my parents' basement.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

stubblyhead posted:

So which one is your dad? I'm guessing far left.

lol no the pictures of my dad's group are even more embarrassing, mostly for the 80s hair and the baby blue suits

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

MiketheGreat posted:

Taylor Swift is loving fantastic. If you disagree, congratulations on your dissenting opinion.

Lol "NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION. HERE'S MY OPINION. NOW SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR OPINION."

You're the worst.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No, guys, stop

i want the last word ok, that means i won this internet argument

Thing is good/bad. OK that's the last opinion anyone can share starting now.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Had this dude cut in line at the mechanic a while back:

Nothing says respect like painting the exact moment a bunch of people died on your truck.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

flosofl posted:

This needs to be nipped in the butt.

gently caress you buddy, this thread's not at your beckon call!

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Reading this on my phone made it hard to tell what was funny about this pic but once I saw it I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know why it got to me so much but thank you for sharing

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Ozma's boy name was Tip. And yeah, all the books have some pretty huge "what the gently caress" moments and the land's history changed from book to book without consistency based on feedback from children reading them as they were published so the whole series is like a fever dream.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Krinkle posted:

*spit takes* That's not chuck tingle! That's not chuck tingle at all!

If it was, it'd be Oregon occupying a patriot's butt. Or perhaps the concept of patriotism.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah very early Mickey was a more standard rogue/troublemaker gets in and out of trouble. Also a lot of quick-witted hero versus boorish villain (Pete). As the Disney cast grew and the characters developed he mellowed out way more, still smart, but just generally a nice and helpful character who always wants to do the right thing. So a lot of later Mickey cartoons are about bad things happening to him and him figuring his way out, unlike Donald Duck stories that are more about him selfishly creating/exacerbating his own problems and slowly being overwhelmed by them, or Goofy stories about him making problems and just generally being hilariously incompetent. I haven't seen every disney cartoon in the world obviously, and I sure haven't kept up with them since I was a kid, but that's how I remember it being at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

• Locked thread