Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
And on the other side of the coin, we have...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Tiggum posted:

Some of their articles are still decent. In fact, there are probably about as many good articles as there ever were, there's just a bunch of crap ones now as well. They still make some pretty good videos though, and one of their podcasts is good.

I'd personally say there's probably more good articles, largely because of Robert Evans and J.F. Sargent. They do really interesting articles based on interviews with people, so it's almost like actual journalism.

The videos and podcasts are still where it's at, although the podcast especially would be a lot better if Jack O'Brien reined in his love of hip-hop. I've got nothing against hip-hop, but it really doesn't suit the content and he goes on for way too long about it in the bumpers.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Haruharuharuko posted:

It's a real thing don't ask how I found out just know there are feats and hp and everything in it... not joking

I can't find anything about this via Google, but I really, really want to.

Are you sure you aren't just loving with us?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Texts from the Sea are like, the only time TFLN actually is funny. The base concept is just a bunch of wacky, 'random' non-sequitirs that clearly didn't happen, but putting them with consistent characters in a cartoony artstyle alleviates enough of that to be kind of funny.

For content, a quick sample from one of my favorite Tumblrs, Bad Real Estate Photos. All actual pictures people use to try to sell a house or apartment.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
My favorite sub-category for that blog is 'strange locations for chairs', and I'm not entirely sure why.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I think my favorite part of that Japanese statue is that they depicted a motion curve. It's a really neat touch by itself, but it also makes all these photos that much better.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
They're very much following in the footsteps of Roger Corman, which is hardly a bad thing t be doing since Roger Corman is basically the father of modern Hollywood. Him not giving a gently caress about the movie as long as it got made quickly and cheaply let to a lot of big people's first films, and created whole new filmmaking methods.

There's a lesson to be learned from Corman's story, I'm just not sure what it is.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Ishamael posted:

Bad kerning

'Minor Boys Softball' is a bit unfortunate, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I remember back when Viddler was a good choice of video host for Let's Plays, they actually had these ads. They were the worst loving things ever, because the ad would actually stop and wait for you to do whatever it told you to.

And it was all health stuff aimed at middle-aged women for some reason. That might've just been the sorts of ads that signed up in Australia, though. Sometimes, targeted ads just don't quite work.

• Locked thread