Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
At least they have none of the God forsaken yellow ones. I can't palate pina colida thanks to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Funnily enough, this is actually a real book, created by real publishers. English as She is Spoke was written by a Portuguese man in the nineteenth century as an attempt at a Portuguese-English phrase book, despite the fact that the author, Pedro Carolino, had never heard English or traveled to an English speaking country. He did it by rote translation from Portuguese-English dictionaries and countless hours spent writing sheer and utter nonsense. Futility Closet did a podcast on it, and it includes several excerpts from the book, many of which make no sense at all.

https://www.futilitycloset.com/2015/05/18/podcast-episode-58-english-as-she-is-spoke/

The Wikipedia article also has some info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_As_She_Is_Spoke

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
Oh god, not again. Third time this week! Why do I always have to go and build walls without realizing it?

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Finland, Finland, Finland. The country where I'd quite like to be.

Forget Norway.

KENYAAA

KENYA KENYA KENYAAAAAAA

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
I'm the
-puddle of fish
-offshore drilling platform
-horde of tents
-surface to air missile
-flag of Arizona
-free abortion sign