Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Len posted:

That reminds me that bacon flavored toothpaste exists because of The Internet and it's belief that everything with bacon on it or in it instantly becomes AMAZEBALLS.

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements-Bacons-Bacon-Flavored-Toothpaste/dp/B004MBNK5K

Bacon flavored toothpaste sounds ridiculous, but a while back it occurred to me that brushing your teeth must be awful if you hate mint, since how easy is it finding another flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Cleretic posted:

I can't find anything about this via Google, but I really, really want to.

Are you sure you aren't just loving with us?

If it helps, last I knew a Palladium d20 RPG is rather less likely than the next Mario Kart being Steam exclusive.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

To the same extent John is a legitimate alternate spelling of Jon.

Fixed.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

I always like "I'll Kill You" for 666

The I Kill U Platter is a better deal though.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

TinTower posted:

No homo (milk).

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Lord Lambeth posted:

I am somehow not convinced that is a real dog.

I like, but shouldn't minions macros go in the meme thread?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Mezzanine posted:

Saw this on my way to work today.

Glands work differently here in Japan :japan:

Glassism is a pretty great name for a shop though.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Thank you for letting me express my feelings on metal, here are God's:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Every rose has it's thorn, yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-eXUtoDH4g

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Dragonwagon posted:

PYF Funny Pictures - Whine about lack of content, don't bother posting any yourself

Blackchamber posted:

His brother Lore is.

Edit: well not in the Universal monster sense, but he is a killer robot.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

cmykjester posted:

I miss Star Wars Galaxies. You could literally play the game as a tailor or armor smith exclusively. I had friends who made billions of in game money just selling med-packs because that's somethings everyone needs. It also had a pretty robust housing system and our guild leader literally just spend his time being our towns mayor and actually went through the effort to have urban planning instead of just plopping buildings down randomly.

And then they hosed the game trying to make it more like Warcraft.

It was a really weird story. They made a MMO with a really novel and creative gameplay model that wasn't met anywhere else in the market, while simultaneously making said gameplay as little like Star Wars as possible. It was the "What if Luke had stayed home and been a moisture farmer?" MMO, but it obviously found its audience. Alienating them by trying to turn it into an honest Star Wars game later was a doomed concept just because everyone who wanted that had left ages ago and wouldn't have come back even if it had been done really well.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

I genuinely can't tell if these are real or not.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Don't worry we won't have any good AI in our lifetime

How about evil AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

Pillbug

Boz0r posted:

Yeah. In an interview with Leslie Nielsen, he said it was because people don't really watch TV shows, they just have it running.

It was an era where having the TV on while you did other things was a perfectly common way to do things, and shows that actually required you to follow things closely were the exception. If you half-watch Police Squad, it often seems like exactly the sort of tired old police show it parodies. This would be true of Airplane! and such too to an extent, but even in 1980 a movie was something you went into the theater and gave your full attention for.

This isn't to say that people don't still half-watch TV like that, but there are a lot more shows focusing on detailed serial storytelling, or just generally written with the assumption that you'll set aside time to seriously watch it without distraction. Audiences are used to this, and get into it. This is probably why Angie Tribeca (basically the same show as Police Squad) is getting a third season.

• Locked thread