Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I liked Cracked better when it was just a magazine. :hipster:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The proper way to wear it:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

True, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jippa posted:

My dad would always get the sunday version of his paper. He would say that it was more interesting because it was reviewing the weeks news rather than breaking it which kind of makes sense.

For content

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Surprisingly not an Asylum joint.

The trailer is pretty amazing too.

drat! I wanna see this!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

I don't know, GIS, it's kind of funny but I don't know if I'd call it "hilarious imagery" like I asked for.

I've had this edited version sitting on my computer since 2007:

I suppose it's only a matter of time before you see the original version of an edited image. I find it interesting that only the bottom half has been modifed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Mister Fantastic was a creep in his later years.

Creep. Dick. rear end in a top hat. Evil. These all describe Reed Richards.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:golfclap:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/620015596214693888

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sormus posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

:golfclap:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Milk derail? 100+ posts?

Derail? No. Check the title. This is the Milk Thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If memory serves a lot of church art was ultimately commissioned by wealthy people as a way to get into heaven. This was especially true of those people kneeling outside of paintings. Those were painted to be the people who commissioned the art to buy their way into God's good graces. In the case of paintings of baby Jesus with his mom sometimes the paintings would have the face of whoever paid for it put on baby Jesus. Which is unbelievable hubris.

Which is part of why old church art can look very weird in general. It was often painted to deliberately glorify the people that were paying for it. Which was ironic because they were often rich oligarchs or shithead nobles who were kind of going against what Jesus actually taught.

Oh hey the peasants living on the land are hungry and their lives kind of suck. Nah gently caress it, better pay for a painting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How's the Black Ops 3 Beta going?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaulBearer posted:

There's probably really a thing called "Praystation" and it's a Chinese knock-off console that looks like a Playstation and plays NES Games.

From Thiland:

From China:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

I agree, but at where is the line on funny? Is a lightbulb funny?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I like how the article link says Splash Mountain, when he's clearly on Big Thunger Mountain (with a cast memeber riding, too.).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Walt Disney World still lets people in wheelchairs enter rides through the exit, and get on that way.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

My rabbits is named Harriet because she is 90% fur.

she's Harry!

There are only 2 correct names for a rabbit: Hasenpfeffer, or Stu.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soulex posted:

I also never knew until I was an adult if the main character was a boy or a girl. Dude was like super girly looking.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dialhforhero posted:

1.) How do you bet a dollar to a donut? Is this saying the donut is like a person and you're willing to throw money at a donut (absurd) it's so obvious? Or that you will buy someone a donut worth a dollar (which I assume in the late 40's is a loving expensive donut) you're so confident in this kind of guess?

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html

'Dollars to donuts' is a pseudo betting term, pseudo in that it didn't originate with actual betting involving donuts, but just as a pleasant-sounding alliterative phrase which indicated short odds - dollars are valuable but donuts aren't. The phrase parallels the earlier English betting expression 'a pound to a penny'.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Karate Kid + Star Wars. I would totally watch this movie.

• Locked thread