Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Earthbound's price is less about a low print run and more about it being a game from the end of the SNES cycle. As a poster above mentioned it came out shortly before the N64, and stores were left with a glut of them. Since fewer people bought them retail there are fewer copies circulating now. There's probably pallets of the game sitting in a warehouse or a dump somewhere.

Same thing happened to Conker's Bad Fur Day. It doesn't hurt that both games are cult classics.

Also retro games are hot poo poo right now anyway. There's a reason this emote exists :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

http://everythingisterrible.blogspot.com/p/maguire-watch.html

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Tiggum posted:

That's why people got into the habit of giving the full URL, but the thing Centripetal Horse was talking about was people saying "backslash" instead of "slash". And syou still occasionally hear people do it. And if it started as a holdover from people used to DOS, that would make even less sense because in that case it should be pretty clear that it isn't a backslash.

That is the opposite of how it works. The real way to remember is that the slash is the same character you've seen all your life in numerous contexts and it's always just been called a slash, whereas the backslash is the backwards one you only ever see on computer keyboards and never use for anything (unless for some reason you're typing file paths in Windows, but if you are then you're almost certainly not using the word incorrectly).

You might also use it to specify the domain you are logging in to. Though, to be fair this is still going to mostly be nerds who know the difference. When I first started in IT I had the two confused and would say backslash in URLs. I wanna say I heard it on TV at some point and it stuck in my head.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

freelop posted:

Did nobody point out that in order to "make it your way" you need to follow their instructions?

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

• Locked thread