Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is this Tom of Germany?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ignite Memories posted:

Technically, those are boots. In addition to keeping the dog's feet warm in the snow [and keeping snow from matting up in the legs], they also help keep the dog's paw pads from cracking due to walking around on salted roads all the time.

That's not their main use. Their main use is looking adorable.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ragequit posted:

Explains why Hitler's favorite artist was Pollock.

I thought he just liked fish.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Joker isn't holding on to his. Truly an agent of Chaos.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Goddamnit.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kill you,re sself

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Would he be called Scaredycat?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DoctorWhat posted:

please tell me i'm dreaming and that no one in real life has this opinion.

please tell me i'm still in a dream

I'm glad noone did this.

SNAKE EATERRRR

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Here's another, more ghastly thought: What do they do with the used ones, that have been sent back?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Would.

I was visiting my parents at Christmas and my dad had a pile of these little pamphlets at his place on the kitchen table. For some reason I found this one particularly hilarious:

(Sorry for lovely quality, I had to take the picture REALLY FAST so he didn't catch me)

A FOE OF EXTRAORDINARY POLEMICAL AGILITY

If you want to read it, here's a copy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He must love the missionary position.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paladinus posted:

To the same extent John is a legitimate alternate spelling of Ιωάννης.

:colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Master Twig posted:

I take a ceramic mug. I fill it with water. I microwave it for about a minute. I then put in the tea bag. It's pretty quick and easy. Also this is the mug I use.

A Good Post.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MiketheGreat posted:

Kangaroos are terrifyingly muscular

I guess that's what happens when you jump around all day every day.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Moon Moon in the wild.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Chrpno posted:

What if he uses a bearing surface that supports the butt of the gun and another that supports the gun from beneath the hand guard (Lee, Joon-Ho, et al.)? The rear of the firearm could be placed against a force transducer. This method has the advantage of positively locating the firearm so that it can only slide directly backwards. This method also requires the user to account for the weight of the bearing and clamping fixtures if absolute numbers are required. The recoil force felt by the shooter has two components: “acceleration of the projectile itself… and the second component is associated with the acceleration of the gases created by the combustion of the gunpowder propellant” (Hall 2008). The force created by the acceleration of the projectile can be calculated using conservation of momentum, however, the force due to the combustion gas acceleration cannot be accurately calculated. The force felt by the shooter is the combination of these two forces and thus has to be measured instead of calculatedlknjthepijhpwignqewv
:goonsay:

He might be twisting his elbow to absorb the recoil, although that's more of a revolver technique.

At any rate, he's definitely not cut out for an automatic.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Command Ant posted:

It's the Cat of Amontillado!

For the love of God, Meowntresor!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It does however look like an excellent tennis ball.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

dog big

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Paladinus posted:

Now that's ironic, isn't it?

Like rain on your wedding day.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jesus was a man, he surely had a refractory period.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I thought it was Benelux Cummerbund.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I thought Mexican Hat was in Arizona.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is... is that David Mitchell?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I do like the very boring, very corporate Dell computer.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

dang mr pepe

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You could try to make him think he has gone insane through changing the environment slightly.

Gaslight him, if you will.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You could at least buy it dinner first.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deteriorata posted:

"Your honor, I move that this witness's testimony be stricken from the record. He clearly answered affirmatively when asked 'Who's a good doggie?' but I have here a sworn affidavit that he did, in fact, urinate on the carpet on May 14, 2014 only two days after it had been installed."

"There's nothing in the rule book that says that a dog can't be a police officer!"

"I'll allow it!"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pentaro posted:

And that's how "Spilling the bong on the carpet" gained a new meaning.

This looks like one of the aliens from "Attack Of The The Eye Creatures".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I never noticed that Busey is wearing a yin-yang pin at his neck.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bean_shadow posted:

Random fact: Rob Brydon comes from the same area in Wales as Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins. Port Talbot I believe. Something about Port Talbot that makes some people try their hardest to get out.

Rob: "You know, my father grew up in the same street as Anthony Hopkins."
Stephen: "Yes... In England, we live in houses."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It replaced microwave's mom with... a dog. Fair enough.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sormus posted:

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

What a damp squid.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guys.

If this carries on, I think I'll give up the goat.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Spared no expense.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

When hitting their thumb with a hammer, a Stage 3 will yell "Ahh, random variations in genetic makeup over tens of thousands of years!"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Chiparus posted:

:eng101: Probably not armless-- those may be her arms are resting over her boobs.

I love ugly medieval art babies and their weird expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RolandTower posted:

The Venus of Villendorf has arms, you Vierdo.

Wrong Venus.

• Locked thread