Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Soulex posted:

That boat is hosed

It's a ketch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Soulex posted:

Why the gently caress would you not put a memory card or something then? Why a 64 controller?

The memory cards go in underneath the controller on an n64. They don't hold much, you may forget to put a card in before playing is my best guess.
But of course I don't really know why someone got that as a dumb tattoo.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 14:34 on Oct 14, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

I've done this before. It is useful you want some small pots for planting seeds in a pinch.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Soulex posted:

Can honestly say I've never been that desperate

I have when I wanted to plant 20 odd chilli plants of different varieties, and a few of each in just in case you waste 2-3 weeks of the short growing season waiting for seeds that never sprout.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

I should try that at lake monger perth, western australia and see if our crows are as smart.
I went there yesterday with my kid, and saw a couple of suprising things. The first was there was a single white goose (ie domesticated european emden type goose), just hanging around with all the native ducks and swans. The second was there was a crow hanging out with them too, though that was probably around because some dumb* people throw food to the ducks occasionally.

*Rule #1 when dealing with black swans, don't attract them by throwing food around, they get aggressive.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
We don't have sofas in Australia. We have a beat couch or root lounge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

I heart bacon posted:

I think saying beetroot is an Aussie thing. Anybody else just says beets. Also, are they pickled or fresh or what the hell? Do you grab them out of the ground and just eat them Dwight Schrute style? Pickled beets would be pretty awesome on a burger with an egg.

Nah, we have regular raw beets too like everywhere else, great for roasting or baking in winter.
Yes, for some reason they are called beetroot and not beets here, no idea why - I guess because they grow underground? gently caress knows, why is coriander cilantro, why is cos romaine, why is rocket arugula?
We can buy canned whole baby beets too - great for salads. But for burgers and sandwiches we have sliced large beets in a can. They aren't proper pickled, just in a very light brine, and yes, they are awesome.
Summer meals go awesome with canned beets. Make a sandwich - use sliced beets. Make a salad - use whole baby beets.
E: Rather than have them hot and in season, we just like them chilled, out of season.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Nov 19, 2015

• Locked thread