Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Deteriorata posted:

Basically, yes. The BBC has a bazillion panel shows that are just a set-up for clever, witty people to say clever, witty things. Most of the panelists are technically comedians or other entertainers, but they seem to spend most of their time skipping from one show to another rather than actually performing anywhere.

It's not just the Beeb, panel shows are cheap and generally pretty entertaining so all the channels have them. The reason why you see the same people over and over again on them is they all have the same agent who happens to be a part-owner of Talkback and Endemol, the two companies that make most of those shows (there's a similar situation with stand-up television shows and Avalon, who have their own agency too).

I don't mind it so much because if it weren't for OTK desperately trying to get a new star some exposure, Simon Amstell would have never become host of NMTB and so we'd have never got this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXOu4ePnMM8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HBomb posted:

As an AB+ individual who has faced constant ostracization over my toxic blood, I was really hoping this was a real website.

As an O- my blood is continually siphoned away by others and when time comes for me to need some none's available because it's all been used up by the likes of you, but your oh-so-special blood can only be used to keep you and your filthy kind alive.

The only use for your blood is to wash the streets come the glorious day of the revolution, as the O- proletariat rises up to smash the haemobourgeoisie.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

spookygonk posted:

How does his hair style work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkOdtQkpS0

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
and the classic (as in was originally on VHS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBnsYM6n9U

annoyingly the best bits (with Lando "Apollo Creeeeed" Calirissian flying the Millennium Falcon to the tune of The Professionals with his lines overdubbed with Samuel L Jackson's lines from Pulp Fiction) is missing off Youtube.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

I wish I could believe that was fake.

If it is he's playing the long game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luWABvDNTS8

For some reason there's now a large hole in my monitor and my fist is bleeding.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2rgHLB8Ww&feature=em-subs_digest

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

yeah it was a time of mass immigration and racial tensions were high, and these sitcoms seem to have been made with the intention of reducing that (the bigoted white guy always gets his comeuppance in these things), but they backfired and became beacons for racists. the actor who played alf garnett regretted it later in life and hated being a hero for arseholes.

Well, Warren Mitchell's attitude to Alf Garnett changed depending on how big his tax bill was that year, because he bought the character out of retirement a couple of times, albeit with the racism pointed mostly towards more acceptable targets. Basically exactly the same trajectory as Al Murray's Pub Landlord character.

However if you want to talk out-there British sitcoms...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw&t=53s

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NLJP posted:

Walther. Wally is also a mild insult! :eng101:

i.e "You Wally! Why would you do that?"

:eng101: It's one of the many English swearwords that used to be way, way worse, referring at various times to a prostitute (of either gender, but at different times), a promiscuous man, a gay man, a syphilitic penis, and a penis regardless of disease. It also means a pickled gherkin in bits of London and Manchester, and I don't even want to speculate which of those uses turned into that one.

If they'd told us about this sort of thing I might have paid more attention in English class.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

Actually he's leaning to the left.

Even Hitler was to the left of the Daily Mail.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

"I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Burning out his fuse out here alone"

The man behind and to the right of him is the official toupee-wrangler. Follows him everywhere where there might be high winds, negative g, or anything else that might detach Sir Elton's crowning glory from his bonce. See the way he's there, ready to slam it back into position? Even sitting on a rollercoaster next to a haggis that has somehow come to life doesn't distract him. Professionalism, that's what that is.

Fun fact - since the knighthood, the toupee-wrangler is paid for out of the royal protection budget. That man's ex-SAS. One day he's slotting terrorists in the 'Stan, the next he's keeping a hairpiece from escaping the head of the United Kingdom's most important homosexual. All the same to him - a dirty job that he does for Queen and Country (and queen), when nobody else even wants to know such a job is needed, let alone done.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Soulex posted:

I've had them and sex while driving and done ok.

My friend on the other hand got into a bad wreck hitting something head on at speed. His GF wasn't happy and had to stay in the hospital for a bit.

I didn't ask if his wiener was ok.

It's like people have never read The World According to Garp.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

graybook posted:

GIS is your friend.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

for the curious, it's a celebrity news site that looks like 2003.

Right, but what's sweatpantserection.com?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You could cut it with your gun somehow, right?

What do you think bayonets are for?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Still not as good as:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

What's great about this is that this photo is the product of a professional sports photographer, taken during a super important race with a ridiculously expensive camera and lens, in which the competitors are running in a straight line down an established and demarcated 100 metre stretch at an agreed time... and it's STILL blurred to poo poo.

That's a deliberate stylistic choice though. It's a bit like saying "Heh, look at those idiot camera operators on 24, can't even hold their cameras steady! Ever heard of a tripod, idiots?"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

Just imagine how much we'd have got done by now if Big Science actually existed.

Don't be silly, once they discover all the science they'll all be out of a job.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I forgot to ask the first time this was posted - is that one of the F Plus dudes? the voice sounds really familiar.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDHMjO7UbMo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Lost it at Torpedo.

A torpedo is actually a fish though, where did you think the name of the thing that goes bang comes from?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

I have seen the funniest video ever and it broke me. Watch the last part.

https://youtu.be/6zkSUJ4BONo

First part is from The Chase, the question setters deliberately put at least one double entendre question in there a week just to see Bradley Walsh lose it. That's not even the worst/best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwGFX5pgXw

e: Hah that one's in there too, but look up the related videos from that one for literally dozens of videos of him losing his poo poo.

goddamnedtwisto has a new favorite as of 13:46 on Nov 14, 2016

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Finland, Finland, Finland. The country where I'd quite like to be.

Luckily someone has developed a game to scratch that itch for you:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

And here's the British equivalent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg

• Locked thread