Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Phyzzle posted:

The creator of Dilbert once said "I draw a comic that has an evil cat running the HR department, an accounting department in a cave and run by trolls, and dinosaurs who give wedgies. And the most common comment I get is, 'That's just like where I work!' ". The most common reaction to MM&O seems to be "they're just like my friends!"

The HR people at my job aren't cats, but they are evil. Just like my friends in my early 20's weren't cats(or witches) but were nihilistic functioning alcoholics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I know werewolf Jones IRL and hopes he ods

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Phyzzle posted:

The creator of Dilbert once said "I draw a comic that has an evil cat running the HR department, an accounting department in a cave and run by trolls, and dinosaurs who give wedgies. And the most common comment I get is, 'That's just like where I work!' ". The most common reaction to MM&O seems to be "they're just like my friends!"

That's because Scott Adams is autistic, and doesn't understand that empathetic humans can form emotional connections with concepts and abstractions.

And cookies.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
If you say "they're just like my friends!" about MM&O, does it means you are basically Owl?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Owl is the worst one

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MM&O are nothing like my friends but I find their insanity interesting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You are not lowtax.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't have any friends

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

imho mm&o is questionable content but for gen x trash instead of millennial hipsters

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

hard counter posted:

imho mm&o is questionable content but for gen x trash instead of millennial hipsters

me irl rn

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
MM&O isn't always very funny but it is always good

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im mike B)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Big Trouble in Little China, such a good movie.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:perfect:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

http://i.imgur.com/fA4e0SU.gifv

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXh2XA-DZgQ

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I watched the hell out of the movie when it came out. I want to watch it again but I'm almost certain it would not live up to my memories.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That movie is weird because depending who you're watching it with, it can be the funniest thing ever or the most agonizing why-did-I-tell-them-it-was-good hour and change of your life.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Kung Pow Enter the Fist was absolutely hilarious to 13yo me, and the production was innovative and has a bunch of cool stories with it. I guess it's pretty immature but gently caress it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2vBZuLI3oI

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

How can I hear cool stories about the behind the scenes production of kung pow?

I remember two episodes of sliders. The one where teens ran the courts and olds got put in jail, and the one this comic references.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Oct 15, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It has a lot of good parts but the bad bits are really painfully bad (the 3d cg baby and cow :gonk:)
When I posted that gif I forgot this was the comics thread. Sorry.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Krinkle posted:

That movie is weird because depending who you're watching it with, it can be the funniest thing ever or the most agonizing why-did-I-tell-them-it-was-good hour and change of your life.

Nope, idgaf who I'm with, Kung Pow is solid gold every single time. :allears:

Krinkle posted:

How can I hear cool stories about the behind the scenes production of kung pow?

The directors commentary, where they talk about how hard it was to find a talented Asian actress who had one giant boob in the center of her chest.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

The directors commentary, where they talk about how hard it was to find a talented Asian actress who had one giant boob in the center of her chest.

Awesome, I thought I was the only one who listened to that. Yeah, the commentary is gold and goes into a lot of detail.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fun Fact: The guy behind Kung Pow is the same guy behind Barnyard (he was also involved with Jimmy Neutron)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
He's the dude that did all the Thumb Series.
Thumb Wars and Bat Thumb are gold but...the others start slacking off a lot.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Whenever someone says they like Kung Pow I know never to take movie recommendations from them, so in a way I'm glad it exists.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

As a 13 year old Kung Pow was the funniest thing ever and that is good enough for me. :colbert:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I watched the hell out of the movie when it came out. I want to watch it again but I'm almost certain it would not live up to my memories.

it's still good

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

rodbeard posted:

Whenever someone says they like Kung Pow I know never to take movie recommendations from them, so in a way I'm glad it exists.

You have purposely posted wrong, as a joke

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rodbeard posted:

You are salty, making you the victor

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Owl is pretty bad, but man he needs to move out and meet people who aren't so awful.

e:missing panel fixed

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Oct 16, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LifeSunDeath posted:

Owl is pretty bad, but man he needs to move out and meet people who aren't so awful.

You missed a page in the middle:

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's still good

I hated this bullshit movie

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Same, Werewolf Jones... Same.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im mogg irl

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Here, have something uplifting to counteract the MMO-induced self loathing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Radio Paranoia posted:

Here, have something uplifting to counteract the MMO-induced self loathing!

I, too, have found funny comics:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/7ifXBnK.png :nws:

• Locked thread