Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Hogge Wild posted:

i posted the exact point when that happened

Sick burn.

I liked a lot of Sluggy Freelance. Then it became more and more self-referential, and the Hallowe'en strip would last into December, etc. etc.

If I remember correctly from his update posts, World of Warcraft did a lot to kill Abrams creativity and drive.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Meh. Part 2 was better.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Meh. Part 2 was better.

This is a good comic.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

:razz:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse way to convey that gag.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There is no better way to convey that gag, it is perfect

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jim looked up from this week's Tank McNamara as the note slipped beneath the door with a quiet rustle. "Now who could that be from?" he wondered. "And why are they in my closet?"

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Control Volume posted:

There is no better way to convey that gag, it is perfect

this is really fcuked up that i'mn going to agree with a post you made

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Quiet Feet posted:

Tank McNamara

I had no idea what this is but I could only imagine the most hosed up episode of Thomas the Tank Engine meets The Fog of War ever.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

SaltyJesus posted:

I had no idea what this is but I could only imagine the most hosed up episode of Thomas the Tank Engine meets The Fog of War ever.

It's a newspaper comic so bland people forget to mention it in discussions about bland newspaper comics. I think it's about sports or something.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can a comic really be funny?

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Laocius has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Mar 7, 2015

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Did they add the text on the lid later? I remember first time i saw it people were really getting their goon on over it, requiring a repeated spoon feeding of the punchline for pages on end before they finished sperging. Like they could not grasp why anyone would want to open a re-sealed jar I mean why would you not eat the entire jar of mayo in one helping and who cares if it was pawed open at the store by a smackhead hiding syringes and why does it pop anyway and why would it pop metal doesn't just pop like that and why are these people jarheads is that the joke? Or maybe there's just no stopping goons.

e: vvvvvv "unscrewing" :mmmhmm:

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Mar 7, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Not that I was part of the first Gooning, but I admit I misread the comic a few times and had half a rebuttal typed. I thought he was unscrewing her and that caused the pop (since the button does pop on first opening), but with a closer look I see he is actually poking the button. Rude of him.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Gotta post the hidden link with that one:
http://nedroid.com/bffs.html

And hey OP, where are all the rules? Comics threads need lots of rules.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Captain Lavender posted:

And hey OP, where are all the rules? Comics threads need lots of rules.
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

No rules, only funny comics.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

There's clearly been some jelly taken out already so why was he surprised to see the button popped? And it was probably taken by a human, not a different jar of peanut butter, so I don't understand why he'd be jealous.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Plus, there's no such thing as people with jars for heads. It makes no sense, they dont even have eyes to see

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Moon Monster posted:

There's clearly been some jelly taken out already so why was he surprised to see the button popped? And it was probably taken by a human, not a different jar of peanut butter, so I don't understand why he'd be jealous.

Peanut butter is mad because he's loving jelly.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Paladinus posted:

:drat:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paladinus posted:

We came a long way for a punchline but it was worth the journey :captainpop:.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is the best PFSC.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Skip Tobey, whp is not me, is instead wonderful

I am going to need some of the handholding that was mentioned a bunch of posts ago, because I don't know who this guy is and I don't get it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

paradoxGentleman posted:

Skip Tobey, whp is not me, is instead wonderful

I am going to need some of the handholding that was mentioned a bunch of posts ago, because I don't know who this guy is and I don't get it.

That's corporate mascot Poppin Fresh aka the Pillsbury Dough Boy. As for why he's giving himself teeth/knife I'm not sure if that's a reference to something (Chucky?) or if the joke is really just "ha ha creepy horror darkness"

edit: I only just now noticed he's apparently using the lighter to bake his mouth and arm into place. Huh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's funny because it's loving Poppin Fresh

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
American McGee's Poppin Fresh

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001

Jesus Christ I nearly passed out from laughing so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Someone remove the sixth panel.

• Locked thread