Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He doesn't need to "make an escape" ever again, he included farting on his wife in their wedding vows so he's got a lifetime pass to fart on her all he likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evilreaver posted:

That second panel speaks to me.

So, a square rotated 45º which touches the points of a square inside it, will be twice the size of the smaller square?

Learned something today.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ah, that's a simple way of looking at it.

But how was the poor woman in the comic supposed to do that with an image on her TV thing? Immersion ruined.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Then you show go to GBS - there are currently two threads from men's rights types going on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It does help to know that the conquistador searching for magical fountains is a running joke in Oglaf and he's successfully found many different kinds of Fountain Of X.

Also:

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 14:05 on Jan 6, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

That's stupid. It would need four flips.

EDIT: I'm leaving this here as a reminder of how stupid I am.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Skate Butt is kind of a jerk.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Can't inject OJ.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Read that first billboard as "butsex".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

But the whole point of Cinderella wearing glass slippers was to tell the reader that she takes small, dainty steps. I mean, that's :thejoke: If anyone else tried to wear them, they'd be torn to shreds, but she was so delicate and feminine she could literally walk on glass.

I mean this is an era which gave us "The Princess and the Pea" where a perfect woman was supposed to be so sensitive she could feel a single pea beneath fifty mattresses.

:goonsay:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Daddy Marbles posted:

Oh dang. You're right. My bad. My elementary school teacher told us it was wrong and the official dictionary of the Academie Francaise alludes to it in it's entry on "vair."

There are so many different versions of the old fairy tales, I'm not surprised everyone has heard different versions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This one?

Does that even work in print? Also, how is it racist?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Pity you only posted the panels where she looks like a oval office.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think you get Oglaf.

Leave it in the scabbard, guys.

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/WcWdNqL.jpg:nws:

Two things I miss in Oglaf are tales of the mighty Kronar and also the demented dwarves who make wonderful machines covered in penises which come alive at night and gently caress you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The original is sadly gone, but a million lovely versions of the Finnish Ducktales live on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSdSzSqLys

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A Moose posted:

wtf. why did they hide the 1 useful button on that whole stupid page in a mouseover?

To quote myself from the China thread:

Gorilla Salad posted:

From what I can make out, this is exactly how they want us to use imgur from now on:

- Chose 'make a post' and drag or select your image to upload. Or click the tiny 'c' on the 'make a post' button and chose what file type you want to upload, because why, I don't know. It does nothing the main button doesn't do.

- Wait for it to upload, then mouseover the image, select the tiny 'c' and chose 'get share links' and copy the code you need.

Simple! :eng99:

I have no idea what the tiny 'c' means or why they have a '7' instead of an 'x' to close popups, but I'm guessing it's a lovely meme injoke.

Every single time imgur does something, they make it worse. This is what happens when autistic nerds design your interface without any outside help. It's the BMW i8 of websites.

In other words, "Hurrr, I'm good at code, so I must also be good at design."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I can confirm this.

Here is Imgur's front page:

And here it is with NoScript running on its default settings:

The default settings also block uploads from happening because Imgur uses Javascript. The reason people use things like Noscript is because Javascript is hugely exploitable and potentially dangerous - and it's likely mostly so exploitable and dangerous because it's such a ubiquitous part of the internet experience that it's an obvious thing to seek out exploits for (not that it couldn't be better - I am not a computer scientist and I don't know the merits or dangers of Javascript specifically).

Thank you for this. So things are less stupid than I thought.

This is good.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cicadas! posted:

Are the readers supposed to hate every character's guts in this comic?

They put the 'scum' back into 'druggie scum'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Somehow more loving pathetic than the people in the comic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Hexyflexy posted:

Oh god, a mate of mine did that a long time ago to clear out stray hair from his dreads. Went off like a bomb, he was fine afterwards though - would have been better not to do it in the middle of a crowded pub. Goddamn, I've lived through most of this comic.

That's why I have such a love/hate relationship with it. I loving knew so many of these types of people when I was in my 20s.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
No one in history has ever been more wrong about something since the last person in this thread to say Achewood is funny.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^^Never ascribe to trolling that which is adequately explained by autism.

om nom nom posted:

Here you go, they get off of a plane in amsterdam not stoned and have white eyes then smoke weed and their eyes turn red. Not loving conjunctivitis.

Pffft, everyone knows the Dutch are riddles with disease.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

A child who does does nothing?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Tempted to animate that and get it as an avatar, but I don't think it'd fly with the mods.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm old and uncool, because I have no idea how "hot knives" is supposed to work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
poo poo, we just poked a few holes in an empty coke can with a pin when I was young :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Mate, please. Those are their thunderdome clan markings. All Australians have them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oglaf has the answer

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/8QIGEjr.jpg:nws:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's time to play the music,
It's time to light the lights.
It's time to birth eldritch horrors,
On the Muppet show tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And the negative results just comes back with, "No you've just gotten fat."

• Locked thread