Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

:allears: the best reason for the undead

Well, I got foraging up to 5 (seriously, priority # 1, buy a saw in town, go NW and collect Oak Wood until you are 5) cleared out the sewer rats, then made my way to the Crypt. Those spiders sure do make an awesome set of armor.

Unrelated note, I now have Lice. I need to get this cured.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

onesixtwo posted:

Unrelated note, I now have Lice. I need to get this cured.

See previous reply to disgusting, parasite ridden poster ;)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Anybody up for a group tonight? Getting tired of just barely dying to stuff I should be able to take.

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, you need to build friendship with NPCs before they will hang out with you.
Velkort the fire teacher likes exotic potions or weird animal trophies. So I gave him a 4000g undeer juice (sic) and ranked up, but that elven son of a bitch still won't hang out with me. :argh:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 24, 2015

Octave
Jan 9, 2008

Jackard posted:

Anybody up for a group tonight?

I'm up for grouping somewhere if you want to tag along. Write me in the game - I use the same name as here.

That goes for anyone else too - I'm on euro time so theres that but I've been playing this game way too much lately so you're likely to catch me.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

IGNs posted so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

No clue on difficulty levels since everywhere I go seems to kill me. A traitorous spider helped me through the crypts the other day so I think two people can take those.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 1, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Yeah, i'm now able to kill Tigers reliably, and the skeletons around the graveyard. The spiders inside the crypt can really gently caress with you, but there is some great gear in those chests. It's hard to know where is and isn't a bad place to go, so I've just been doing it by trial and error. Death seems to not be very serious, and you even gain Death XP for.. dying in unique ways? Also I have no idea how to tell what level I am, I assume that would be my Endurance level?

my ign is mrkitty

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Jackard posted:

IGNs posted so far

A Spider Covets - Eidolon
Desideratus - Holocausplay
Dreadwroth - Dreadwroth
gnomers - wasubi
Jackard - Najaran
Octave - Octave
xutech - username

No clue on difficulty levels since everywhere I go seems to kill me. A traitorous spider helped me through the crypts the other day so I think two people can take those.

well i never

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm sure you would have been mortified at how helpful he was, killing his own kind down there in the dark. Never did catch his name!

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 24, 2015

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Oh, forgot to say I'm in as Mraaj. I spend most of my game time fishing, cooking and fooling around with survey maps though so my combat development has kinda slowed. I think my Unarmed and Psychology are around 12-14.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah, i'm now able to kill Tigers reliably, and the skeletons around the graveyard. The spiders inside the crypt can really gently caress with you, but there is some great gear in those chests. It's hard to know where is and isn't a bad place to go, so I've just been doing it by trial and error. Death seems to not be very serious, and you even gain Death XP for.. dying in unique ways? Also I have no idea how to tell what level I am, I assume that would be my Endurance level?

my ign is mrkitty

I went through the crypts alone today, it's packs of things that are deadly - like I ran into a corridor full of fire mages and they lit me up big time. Or a pack of 4 huntsman spiders, that hurt too but at least I got to run away. The megaspider on the first floor has a short leash so just leg it from that if you can't kill it. There's also a bug with the force wall: I didn't know the answer it wanted so I was clicking on stuff inside the room just to see what it was and my char simply ran inside ignoring the wall. BTW, look at the skills page and see the benefits from ranking up dying. It's well worth getting your arse handed to you in new and interesting ways.

Unarmed and psychology are working well so far while I collect enough fire dust to research new fire spells. I even looted a nice piece of purple armour somewhere but it needs L20 mentalist so it's in the bank for a while. I play as my cat - BuffyRodentslayer - for what it's worth.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
BTW if the people playing animals could help me fill this out that'd be cool: http://projectgorgon.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/301-full-list-of-banned-skills-for-animals

The miscellaneous skills seem kinda random in what's banned, I mean a cow can use a butcher knife but a handsaw is out of the question? :psyduck: So I figure it'd help a lot with one of the more awesome parts of this weirdo game if there were actually a resource for what skills you can use (and maybe which vendors you can still talk to and what they buy) while doing it.

I do have a pig potion in the bank, but I'll probably just go turn into a cow again once I've learned as many skills as possible at my level (and finished collecting apples, already got coins to unlock the banker). If I can find an NPC who'll talk to animals and buy Surveying stones at full price I should have an okay income to keep trying out skills as a cow for a while. (Didn't they go out of their way to make sure there's an animal-friendly NPC that sells ink and paper? The fairy or suspicious cow?)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well, what about help from human players? Apparently trade interface doesn't work, but you can always drop items

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

Well, what about help from human players? Apparently trade interface doesn't work, but you can always drop items

Wait, trade interface doesn't work at all, or it only doesn't work for animals? :aaa: But yeah, obviously you can have an alt give you stuff through the account chest, or ask someone you know (we need guilds), or beg for help from some generous rando in global chat (if it's something you can't get really ripped off doing). I just want to work out what the baseline is, because information on this game is poo poo and one wiki looks like it hasn't been updated since Gorgon had a completely different look.

Also so people don't invest a lot of time and pretend money in building skills that will completely go to waste after coming down with your curse of choice. ex: Cow gives bonuses to Cheesemaking, but actually making butter/cheese apparently requires Textile Creation. Without a large-scale player market, you'd probably want to be sure you know someone with Textile Creation if cows can't use it anymore.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Currently working on Foraging so I can gather the cotton needed for Textiles and eventually move onto Tailoring.

mushroom_spore posted:

Wait, trade interface doesn't work at all, or it only doesn't work for animals? :aaa:
Not at all, iirc it tells you to drop items on the ground. :laffo:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Add Glug to the list.

This game is awesome.

I did all I could do practically in the newbie cave, and figured.. let's see how tough this boss is. Was not even denting him and drank my two healing potions I found, so I ran. Then I realized.. he curses you during combat.. not when you die.

I got cowed, and someone offered to help. One person sent me a PM with a word that would apparently cure me, but someone else said he'd kill the boss for me. So, me, a cow, psychoanalyzed the boss while a super-fast deer came in and murdered it. Then I was back to a cat person and the deer told me how the game works and ran off at the speed of a cheetah.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

Not at all, iirc it tells you to drop items on the ground. :laffo:

That's hysterical. At least the game is up front when things are broken. :laffo: Although I've found surprisingly few real bugs aside from some graphical errors like waves of water randomly coming up out of solid ground in the middle of nowhere. I did somehow get saltpeter from picking up either fruit or a bag of flour/grain though.

glug posted:

One person sent me a PM with a word that would apparently cure me

That might have been the same person that helped me when I turned out to be nowhere near ready to live the cow life, I think they'd built up quite a store of power words. I've been working on that myself, though at the moment just the little level zero ones. But you get some pretty good stuff in with those too, like teleports or an instant death word that gives you a ton of extra Dying exp.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I will probably be on more in a couple of days, I'm waiting to see how my job interview goes tomorrow.
PS: That spider armor is pretty rad, I need to farm it up.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Thanks heaps to Octave for taking me around the sights - I got to die in scenic fungi caves, die in acid and die in a crypt.

At least now I don't have undead aids and I can necromance.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I'm also in, mentalizing and punchmanning all the things, as Victorkm.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Somebody gave me a gigantic amount of info about what animals can and can't do, who they can and can't talk to, etc. I updated the OP at http://projectgorgon.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/301-animal-skill-restrictions-and-animal-friendly-merchants-upd-feb-2015 with everything I got.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNfUm7ZGvA

quote:

Power Words, paste them in chat for 1 time use
Edit: All gone

Also add Inlor to the list of who's playing this, tia

Strotski fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 27, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

drat... will anyone that finds cotton do me a favor and hang onto it? Supposed to spawn in the second zone but:

• Only saw it in a small area near the keep
  • So hard to see that the wiki recommends using tab targeting
  • Harvesting requires 15 Foraging
  • You need a loving ton of it

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

quote:

Nelson Ballard, Praetor of Serbule mentions that a sex-change machine has been installed in Statehelm. He suggests that the machine is used to deal with those "light in the loafers."

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Now how's that a crime when they have these sex elves running around everywhere

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

drat... will anyone that finds cotton do me a favor and hang onto it? Supposed to spawn in the second zone but:

• Only saw it in a small area near the keep
  • So hard to see that the wiki recommends using tab targeting
  • Harvesting requires 15 Foraging
  • You need a loving ton of it

How the hell are people tab targeting clickable resources? That doesn't work for me, and lord knows I've been trying. :psyduck: Am I missing an option checkbox somewhere?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

There is a separate keybind for targeting things that are neither player nor enemy. Helpful even in town - you can use it to find Lore objects

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Everything is different now.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

In as Potatoflakes.

So I was messing with the graphics to see how high I could push them and everything ended up looking like this:

I didn't find a way to reset them to default values, but apparently the other default settings 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all just fine. It's just 5 that looks all crappy. Also, I've found that if you hold ALT while clicking on the play button in the launcher it brings up some basic graphic settings you can adjust before the game launches.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the graphic settings to defaults in any way other than a re-install? If I have to re-install it, so be it just wanted to avoid it if at all possible.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I'm playing as boho in case anyone wants to be friends. I'm still new as hell but I want to get the Necromancy skill...

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

In as Potatoflakes.

So I was messing with the graphics to see how high I could push them and everything ended up looking like this:

I didn't find a way to reset them to default values, but apparently the other default settings 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all just fine. It's just 5 that looks all crappy. Also, I've found that if you hold ALT while clicking on the play button in the launcher it brings up some basic graphic settings you can adjust before the game launches.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the graphic settings to defaults in any way other than a re-install? If I have to re-install it, so be it just wanted to avoid it if at all possible.

Just restart the game. I tried messing with graphics too, and nothing would ever go above the minimum until I restarted.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Strotski posted:

STYWWHYLL / TRULLXEF/ NACHDRYV / YUTTYL - Instant Death (gives +500 xp and a unique death first time used)

Just tried to pop these and they were all used, just FYI.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I used one, PM me here for replacement

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Quick heads up: after getting the banker to like me via prepared food and then using his 4 hour hang out option a few times (400 gold), it unlocked a new option to hang out for 8 hours for 800 gold. Technically the same as the 4 hour one, but you make more overnight and don't have to hop on as often just to refresh hanging out during the day, so that's cool.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Fever Dream Online.

RudyBrah
Sep 27, 2010
Fubs and Fubsy are wandering the wastes. I think I saw the lute concert two days ago in the middle of the starter town.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I'm definitely enjoying the crap out of this weird game. This is all EQNext has to do to get me to play. In as Cithen. I like to use Psychology and Archery.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's so bizarre that I can't help but like it. I wish I knew how to get and use some of the crazier things. I'm just punching people.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

randombattle posted:

It's so bizarre that I can't help but like it. I wish I knew how to get and use some of the crazier things. I'm just punching people.

What skill/s are you looking for? http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Skills has directions for learning just about everything. It's missing the precise location of the druid shrine, but if you ask nicely someone in game can give you more specifics.

That said, when I actually got to the druid shrine I promptly decided I didn't want to learn it after all. It comes with a warning that eventually (probably after the proper druid entry quests are implemented instead of just pushing a button) druid characters will be subjected to a system of having to go deal with periodic disaster events on at least a daily basis, and be unable to earn any skill experience in ANYTHING until they do. :psyduck: That's a bit much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

quote:

Power Words - Type in chat for 1 time use
KEOGUVDWUMFLOO - Human Illusion (Makes you look like a human for 90 seconds. Townsfolk and shopkeepers will perceive you as a human and their memories will be temporarily altered so that they think you've always been a human.)
WEJTLON / QUIKUAN - Fast Swimmer (Makes you swim faster for 5 minutes)
TRYBTRIU / FLOYYEG - Increased Inventory (Increases inventory size by 10 for 1 hour)
BRYXMAY / GOHJYK / CYJDRURR - Cure Bovinity (Causes you to stop being a cow)
VIHAUWPERRJEQ - Cure Deeriness (Causes you to stop being a deer)
WYFXACH - Weak Max-Power Boost (Raises your maximum Power by 50 for 15 minutes)
BRYKDIY / TRALPRAO / SOZPRYO - Instant Death (Causes speaker to die instantly, gaining 500xp to Death first time used)
DWALLYQ - Teleport to Etibule Keep
OYCKOEX - Hold Your Breath (Increases lung capacity for 5 minutes)
HOLLPYQUEODWEN - Cure Disease (Cures any and all diseases)