Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

wtsnaename posted:

I think the intent is to force you to cooperate with other tradeskill er rather than build all of those skills up yourself. It's still rough that way, but not nearly as bad if you have two other people supporting your masochism.
On the other hand, people here are still stuck in the mindset of saying "level it yourself" so,

e: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Here is a thing I guess I'll work on if people so desire it. Of course everything would have to be manually entered and I'm just not smart or well versed enough to implement some sort of packet sniffer to retrieve the stats automatically.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Google doc could be handy, but many of the skills and recipes in this game are irrelevant for groups and no point including them - especially for manual entry.

Will take a look, this isn't a pvp game so there's no need for anything complex like the Age of Wushu docs, but having one might help things run smoother.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 1, 2015

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

No One You Admire posted:

I haven't even gotten to the point where I can make my own arrows yet. Are you still offering trade deals for beginner arrows?

Short answer: YES!

Long answer: I finally got up to being able to make tier 2 arrow shafts, and accidentally crafted a buncch of tier 1. I just need oak, tonight after company, for arrows. :)

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Look up latinaprincess ingame tonight, in like 7 or 8 hours, if youre on glug. I have like 25 or something for you, if it helps at all.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

Google doc could be handy, but many of the skills and recipes in this game are irrelevant for groups and no point including them - especially for manual entry.

Yeah, for the sake of sanity and document size it might be best to just stick to the crafting related ones, maybe harvesting if you just really need to buy 20 cottons from somebody.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alright, here's one open to edits. Let me know if I missed anything relevant:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

(remember this is opt-in, only put down the stuff you care to share)

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 1, 2015

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Jackard posted:

Alright, here's one open to edits. Let me know if I missed anything relevant:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

What's LTR stand for? Anyway, I put some stuff in there, and vote that Lore (for Words of Power crafting) and Mycology (bunch of stuff, including ingredient recipes for other skills) be added.

Also if anyone's found a place where Perch consistently spawn, please let me know. The top tier spore bomb I can make right now does ludicrous damage compared to my actual attacks. :laffo:

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 1, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

What's LTR stand for?
Leatherworking. Click + mousehovering over each title should show a "validation" tooltip describing it.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Ah, there we go. I think noscript was blocking that.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

wtsnaename posted:

I think the intent is to force you to cooperate with other tradeskill er rather than build all of those skills up yourself. It's still rough that way, but not nearly as bad if you have two other people supporting your masochism.

FFXIV and a handful of other MMOs approached crafting the same way to no real success. I have yet to see an MMO successfully implement a working system of trade, instead of a system reliant on multiple skills, characters or accounts to make poo poo you need.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just found out the game rerolls loot every time you click the button... if you are familiar with drops this means you can weight looting towards stacked items if your inventory is full.

Most of the time that's not a good thing - but some objects drop fire dust, bronze coins and so on

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 2, 2015

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
I've come back to corpses all the time without that happening. Is it only when you physically click loot?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

wtsnaename posted:

I've come back to corpses all the time without that happening. Is it only when you physically click loot?
Yea, like the skeletons lying around the graveyard... most of the time those drop femurs, but sometimes you get bronze coins.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Added a second page to google doc containing Words of Power. Adjust as needed.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Have the mushrooms that teleport you to the mushroom cave gone on vacation for anyone else? I was going to make a run through there to sell some crap since the shrooms are animal-friendly...and I suddenly can't find a teleport to save my life. :psyduck: It usually takes all of fifteen seconds from the mantis house.

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

Have the mushrooms that teleport you to the mushroom cave gone on vacation for anyone else? I was going to make a run through there to sell some crap since the shrooms are animal-friendly...and I suddenly can't find a teleport to save my life. :psyduck: It usually takes all of fifteen seconds from the mantis house.

I feel like I went there earlier today and then died a lot.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I ran past them this morning. Managed to (finally) pick up Staff with the help of a pubbie to kill the snails for me. He apparently had a Raven form and was flying..? Need to have this.

Afterwords, went to the Crypt planning on just idling and killing spiders around the first chest for webs & skill ups. Ended up finding a group of people running the bosses of the crypt, so I went and tanked some giant skeleton in a corner before eventually getting electrocuted.

Also, Hogan's Keep out in the second zone has some really nice armor. For ~2k I was able to get myself up to 380 armor.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This looks bad enough to be awesome.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Nietzschean posted:

This looks bad enough to be awesome.

Please make this the thread title. :laffo:

Also I did eventually find teleport mushrooms, but nowhere near the usual spot. Do they move? Who knows.

Sir Vanderhosen
Feb 18, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Please make this the thread title. :laffo:

Also I did eventually find teleport mushrooms, but nowhere near the usual spot. Do they move? Who knows.

Isn't there a normal entrance to the cave in the northwest corner of the map? I'm not sure about the teleport mushrooms since I haven't tried using one since before the patches.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Sir Vanderhosen posted:

Isn't there a normal entrance to the cave in the northwest corner of the map? I'm not sure about the teleport mushrooms since I haven't tried using one since before the patches.

Yeah it's in the NW. Probably a good idea to avoid going to until your mycology skill lets you speak to the mushrooms outside, otherwise you'd miss a good 6 favors or so worth.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What do you need to survive the cold weather in Kur Mountains? Is it something special or an acummulation of equipment stats?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Jackard posted:

What do you need to survive the cold weather in Kur Mountains? Is it something special or an acummulation of equipment stats?

I think it's just being a high enough level, having health regen through consumables and using wood to light campfires in the area. Not sure if there's a way to be immune to the cold effect in general.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Sir Vanderhosen posted:

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to actually use that entrance (except to leave). You just get a message about how it's blocked up with boulders and you'll have to find another way in. As far as I can tell that portal is only there so people know there's a dungeon to get in to, and then they work out the whole learning Myconic and talking to 'port shrooms bit.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Oh good to know. Yeah I spoke with one to get inside, then ended up outside in the corner, didn't try to re-enter as I was too low level at the time.

Sir Vanderhosen
Feb 18, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to actually use that entrance (except to leave). You just get a message about how it's blocked up with boulders and you'll have to find another way in. As far as I can tell that portal is only there so people know there's a dungeon to get in to, and then they work out the whole learning Myconic and talking to 'port shrooms bit.

Ah, ok. I've only exited through the portal and just assumed you could enter as well.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

onesixtwo posted:

Oh good to know. Yeah I spoke with one to get inside, then ended up outside in the corner, didn't try to re-enter as I was too low level at the time.

I've goofed around in the entry area since I have to go there anyway (animal-friendly vendor, some trainers I want to build favor with) and I can manage if I just pull one or two entry mobs back down the tunnel. After getting some skill ranks and iocaine shroom drops for a quest I thought "hey this isn't so bad, maybe I'll-"

About fifteen feet deeper into the tunnel I met a hostile mushroom person and about fifty assorted monsters immediately descended upon me. :gonk: On the bright side, I got a new cause of death and bonus Dying exp for it! Gorgon's dungeons seem really crowded in general, my partial exploration of the Crypt was similar. Things respawn fast and in huge, close numbers, it's crazy.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I just today was able to finally explore all of that mushroom dungeon and only then with the help of someone else. The special ability of the myconians is to disable your basic attack which is kind of a problem when it's easy to pull ten at a time.

Don't risk fighting Tremor in there on a whim, either. His curse disables your basic attack permanently until you manage to kill him.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
This thing cant be much worse than Age of Wushu. Downloading now. Any tips on getting started ?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Once you finish up in the tutorial cave figure out what combat skills you want to try from the wiki. It's all pretty open ended - Learn skills, level them, do favors/quests for NPCs.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

aleksendr posted:

This thing cant be much worse than Age of Wushu.
Aside from the lack of pvp and guilds, this is a fairly similar experience to Age of Wushu - there seems to be a great deal of bizarre open-ended content, hidden away behind faction and skill grinds.

Crafting tradeskills appear to be the typical grindy moneysinks so I would recommend gathering instead. Avoid animal transformations until you become familiar with the game; they sound interesting but make everything more difficult by locking you out of vendors.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 3, 2015

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

mushroom_spore posted:

I've goofed around in the entry area since I have to go there anyway (animal-friendly vendor, some trainers I want to build favor with) and I can manage if I just pull one or two entry mobs back down the tunnel. After getting some skill ranks and iocaine shroom drops for a quest I thought "hey this isn't so bad, maybe I'll-"

About fifteen feet deeper into the tunnel I met a hostile mushroom person and about fifty assorted monsters immediately descended upon me. :gonk: On the bright side, I got a new cause of death and bonus Dying exp for it! Gorgon's dungeons seem really crowded in general, my partial exploration of the Crypt was similar. Things respawn fast and in huge, close numbers, it's crazy.

The respawn is pretty insane in most dungeons too. I cleared past the first chest in the crpyt and I was up to the crossroads with a pack of 4 spiders that leads down to the bit where you can see the first dinosaurs. That was as far as I got purely due to respawn. By the time I cleared a section and got my armour/health back up new ones were popping around me. Eventually I got overwhelmed because I couldn't regen armour/hp faster than they respawned.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
When your aoe clear gets faster you'll be able to speed run that poo poo no problem. All it took for my fire mage to get past that was a couple sulfur, honestly.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Pesterchum posted:

I just today was able to finally explore all of that mushroom dungeon and only then with the help of someone else. The special ability of the myconians is to disable your basic attack which is kind of a problem when it's easy to pull ten at a time.

Don't risk fighting Tremor in there on a whim, either. His curse disables your basic attack permanently until you manage to kill him.

What do you mean 'basic attack'? Do you mean all attacks, like a stun.. or is there some special free attack everyone has that I am not aware of and I always run out of power?

edit: also, new dudes:
If you want to do archery.. step 1 - gather oak, step 2 - find glug, trade oak for arrows.

Making arrows is murder.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there sure is some interesting flavor text in this game

:goonsay:

:goonsay::goonsay::goonsay:

In as Lutha.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

glug posted:

What do you mean 'basic attack'? Do you mean all attacks, like a stun.. or is there some special free attack everyone has that I am not aware of and I always run out of power?

The 'basic attack' of combat skills. So Basic Shot for Archery, Sword Slash for Sword, Pound for Hammer, etc. Normal myconians only lock you out of it for 10 seconds or so when their rage meter fills, Tremor will curse you so that you are locked out of it until you kill him.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Got a reply from a bug report - I heard the "Hold Your Breath" and "Fear of Water" power words were outdated content, but according to the dev the underwater breath meter just hasn't been added yet. So hang onto the former, I guess.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

:aaaaa:

e: also, i discovered the town lending library

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

wtsnaename posted:

When your aoe clear gets faster you'll be able to speed run that poo poo no problem. All it took for my fire mage to get past that was a couple sulfur, honestly.

Ah yes. My fire magic is at 10 buuuut I can't cast anything but the 3 L0 spells because I've not found any fire dust to research the higher ones and I can't yet kill the things that drop it.