Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

mushroom_spore posted:

The current friending function sucks too, since last I checked you can only friend while standing next to someone in-game. Hopefully that will see some improvement along with some sort of guild system being implemented.

Not sure what you mean by claiming a city, but the general center of activity is Serbule (the walled town after the newbie cave).

I believe I walked around that town a little and answered a math question or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

for those who aren't ever gonna bother playing this amazing MMO here's what the game does when you get near a boss

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm in as DongQuixote, by the way. Seems like there are probably ~15 active players in global chat and a few hundred tooling around. I'm definitely intrigued by this game, just started messing with calligraphy. I think the moment I got exp in "compassion" I knew something unique was going on with this poo poo

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Mido posted:

for those who aren't ever gonna bother playing this amazing MMO here's what the game does when you get near a boss

Scared the poo poo out of me the first time it happened haha

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dirt posted:

Scared the poo poo out of me the first time it happened haha

That was my first reaction, too. My second thought was "oh cool, it's like the NO ESCAPE warnings from Japanese action games". After that I realized the text fragments were like, all the emotional insecurities of the boss itself. It reminds me of those times when I suddenly realize I forgot to do an important thing, and there is that initial surge of worries about everything related to it. This game :gonk:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

wtsnaename posted:

I have Leatherworking maxed as far as recipes go, so as long as I'm around you're better off avoiding the atrocious sink in time and money. You're welcome to give it a shot but there's very little pay off. I'm currently working on maxing tailoring, too, but it is a very very slow process. If you'd like to help the effort you can grow me cotton, though. I need about 4000 at this point.

LatinaPrincess in game

I can grow a bunch of cotton, not really focusing on cooking at the moment. Do you happen to have blacksmithing up? I could really use some more gear since I outleveled my spidergoblin pajamas. I'm not sure what the mats are for a hammer and/or shield set but I'm sure I can get them

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Frog Act posted:

I'm in as DongQuixote, by the way. Seems like there are probably ~15 active players in global chat and a few hundred tooling around. I'm definitely intrigued by this game, just started messing with calligraphy. I think the moment I got exp in "compassion" I knew something unique was going on with this poo poo

Vocabulary is the best, because you literally solve anagrams in a minigame to level it up, and it gives no benefits right now. Click the opaque box at the bottom right

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Blacksmith sucks, but I'm at 25 or so, and can probably make you some spider shoes if such a thing exist.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Blacksmithing doesn't make any gear outside of cow/deer/pig shoes, and both Glug and I are about halfway with it. You're looking for toolcrafting, Leatherworking, and tailoring. Spider harnesses can be made with toolcrafting and our man Glug here has the skill to. Primaries outside of staves and offhands are the exclusive domain of drops at the moment.

Keep your skills updated on the spreadsheet and I can probably make you something though.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

glug posted:

Blacksmith sucks, but I'm at 25 or so, and can probably make you some spider shoes if such a thing exist.

citan plz add the cash shop already so i can buy 8 sonic the hedgehog sneakers for my spider alt, tia

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I think belt recipes are like 6k or so for the top harness. If a couple of spiders are interested I can do it. I still have so many skills to buy and no money for 'em, so lets find some shpida.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'm interested! Assuming the top harness isn't the level 30 one, I have one of those in the bank I found used on a vendor.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dissapointing that while it's a cool game (albeit a bit unfinished), it has super low player numbers.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Oh wow, I didn't know blacksmithing didn't offer gear. I guess I'll hold off on leveling that up.

To clarify, I'm almost 50 in Hammer/Shield, not spider; I'm just wearing lvl 10 spider/crypt and lvl 30 goblin dungeon gear.

I'd like to go to the next dungeon, but I don't know how to get a moonstone (haven't seen it in the cultist chest) so I'm not clear on how to get in.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 27, 2015

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I apologize for my impending limited gameplay, but as it turns out, Pillars of Eternity released. Also, here's the dungeon list, with rough levels.

http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Dungeons

The Myconians is a good place to run around, dangerous in some areas, but it's worth farming shrooms up, and especially collecting the heartshrooms. You can give those to mu? for favor and he sells some mentalism abilities that are important, and there's a few other people that take those for favor. Under the hand isn't tough, and is good for raising a new secondary skill. Also, fulgurite is used in a few things, and by archers. I'll take some of that ;) Kur tower is also a decent spot.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I'll be on most of tonight if anyone wants to group up to clean out the Crypt, Myconians, or Under the Hand. If anyone needs a reminder of my in game name it's VisualPine.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ruggan posted:

Dissapointing that while it's a cool game (albeit a bit unfinished), it has super low player numbers.

Yeah, there are never more than 15 people in the main "hub" and I feel like there are less people on in general than in a battlefield match. It's made finding people to help me kill stuff hard.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Frog Act posted:

Yeah, there are never more than 15 people in the main "hub" and I feel like there are less people on in general than in a battlefield match. It's made finding people to help me kill stuff hard.

That's why I put the post up that I did. I'm happy to group with anybody to help them get stuff cleared at this point. Mainly because the more people we get leveled and comfortable with the mechanics of the game the better it will be in the long run I think. So If you're on tonight just hit me up.

Three is a ton you can solo in the game as long as you're willing to piggy back off other players or if your overleveled. I'd rather us get organized and farm some stuff because gear really can make a difference with just one piece.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 27, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Frog Act posted:

If you ask nicely in global chat, people will often help you with what they can :)

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I'm currently trying to unlock shield skill from the dude in tutorial cave and im 50 favor from Friends. Any advice on where to find gifts for him?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Tanners posted:

I'm currently trying to unlock shield skill from the dude in tutorial cave and im 50 favor from Friends. Any advice on where to find gifts for him?

Buy all the cyan, yellow or purple shields you can find in the 'used' category of NPCs and then give them to Tyler, since there's no real reliable way to farm them specifically. It shouldn't take too many if you only need 50 more favor.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Pesterchum posted:

Buy all the cyan, yellow or purple shields you can find in the 'used' category of NPCs and then give them to Tyler, since there's no real reliable way to farm them specifically. It shouldn't take too many if you only need 50 more favor.

Yeah thats what ive been doin, was making sure there wasnt a better way.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Don't worry about it too hard, and just put all the shields you get as loot in Joeh's storage, then make a trip and bring a bunch in. Doesn't hurt to level something different up for the short term. Your second skill will catch up fast enough, especially if you're still under 25.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Don't worry about it too hard, and just put all the shields you get as loot in Joeh's storage, then make a trip and bring a bunch in. Doesn't hurt to level something different up for the short term. Your second skill will catch up fast enough, especially if you're still under 25.

I've been running psychology as my 2nd skill while I wait. Does anyone know how the rules work for leveling secondaries? Do I have to use the skill every fight to gain experience or just have it set?

e: Also how do I make something Vulnerable?

Tanners fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 28, 2015

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Tanners posted:

I've been running psychology as my 2nd skill while I wait. Does anyone know how the rules work for leveling secondaries? Do I have to use the skill every fight to gain experience or just have it set?

Generally you have to use a spell of your secondary skill in combat or have a buff active to get experience, you can check the "all" tab to see if you are getting exp, and new mobs that appear during the same instance of being in combat will also give you that exp without having to cast again for each new mob.
Not sure on the vulnerability stuff

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 28, 2015

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Tanners posted:

It's something like x amount of time from using a skill you'll get XP when you kill a monster, I think it's around... 30-60 seconds? Something like that. Just use at least one move from each set during a fight and you'll be fine.

As for vulnerability I don't think it can be manipulated, it just randomly happens during a fight when that symbol pops over their head. You'll notice it occasionally on things that aggro on you well before you actually get close enough to hit them.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Is there anything like a resurrection spell in this game

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
There are a few ways to cheat death. There's a first aid skill at 40 or 45, words of power above tier 3, and an item called eternal greens to rez yourself.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

wtsnaename posted:

There are a few ways to cheat death. There's a first aid skill at 40 or 45, words of power above tier 3, and an item called eternal greens to rez yourself.

Neato, can the first aid skill be used on other dead players or is it a preemptive measure?

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
It's a straight up rez.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

wtsnaename posted:

It's a straight up rez.

Neato, thanks for the info

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
For leveling secondaries, you also can't use a skill more than 25 levels above the second one, so if you're level 50 mentalism 1 necromancer, you can only put abilities on your bar that are level 26 and under from mentalism.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Did equipping one skill on both bars end up giving you more XP for it? I didn't do a huge amount of testing but I think I remember seeing that happen.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Who wants to give me some string? I need to make Punching + Tiger taming happen

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Interesting update in the launcher. There's going to be a new crafting thing added using multiple(?) existing skills so you can make temporary(?) item enchantments or something.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
At level 10 Dying I started getting an option to "Enter the Light", which(minus some interesting events) is basically a 1-way trip to Serbule. So if you find some instant death power words dont be afraid to keep em saved somewhere or atleast add em to the Google doc as theyre basically serbule ports eventually.

Tanners fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 31, 2015

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
What do you guys think is the best food to make once i cap out my cooking? In terms of how easy it is to acquire the mats vs how strong the buff is.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Banana Bread, until they change Sun Vale. You can harvest a ton of nanners, it's a level 45 food for regen, and it's 3 nanners, flour, water.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Banana Bread, until they change Sun Vale. You can harvest a ton of nanners, it's a level 45 food for regen, and it's 3 nanners, flour, water.

Neato. Does it require foraging? If so how high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Are there bags/boxes that allow you to carry more than the standard number of items? The wiki says something about this but it isn't clear. I know there are those potions that give extra space for a little while, but I'm not interested in that.