Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Guess I'll try this bc I'm super bored.

Is there a list of goon players or w/e? Will be in as my forums name in 10-15 min.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Dissapointing that while it's a cool game (albeit a bit unfinished), it has super low player numbers.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Despite complaining about the low number of players, I'm still enjoying this game. The people I've interacted with are all super chill too, and the world is small enough that I run into people frequently outside of town.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Something I found out today - if you put the same skill on both bars you get about 150% xp gain to that one skill. Basically if you only use one bar's skill in combat you get 100% towards that, and if you use both bars' skills in combat you get 75% to each. It allows you to stack both 75% on a single combat skill.

Also, while battle chemistry is only pretty good (not OP), the Extra Toes mutation is amazing. Hard to go back to running at half speed after trying it out.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Make sure to add <GS> to your "I Am:" in the bottom of the Persona window, so that goons can tell who other goons are in the /who all. Not like it matters but it's nice to see a presence.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

futile posted:

This game sounded fun so I decided to try it out last night. My first experience out of the tutorial cave was running into a guy with a little garden and a nearby NPC slave playing music, only to eventually find out this was just a real dude RPing a slave. So Project Gorgon has that going for it.

they recently introduced growth bonuses to plants that listen to music, so we needed a guy in the garden playing music 24/7

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

pixaal posted:

This game :psyduck: I love it. So much random stuff is happening. Its going to be like dwarf fortress where everything is stupidly detailed and you can basically do anything you can think of with an item except the most obvious thing because the programmer forgot isn't it? If the dev doesn't burn out I see greatness ahead in the odd things you'll be able to pull off especially if complex player constructable are added. I want to dynamically build a house with a swivel points for a catapult to throw rocks at invading ogres or other players. I then want it to be set on fire and the materials burn but not the construction so being in the house does damage and the walls are literally made of fire now.

I can dream of crazy dwarf fortress bugs visualized in glorious 3D open world sand box right?

idk... it's quirky but not deep in that same crazy self-interactive way

in other news, RICK.... GRIMMMESSSSSS <faaaaaaaarrrrt>

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, Gorgon seems to be aiming more for a weirdly better Everquest 1 than Minecraft or something.

yeah - I wouldn't hesitate to call this game deep at all, I just wouldn't call it emergent

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

you can set fov and draw distance and a bunch of other useful stuff in the advanced section of the graphics options... good to know

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll be on later and can run some people through dungeons for xp if interested. Tag yourself up as GS and message me if you see I'm on - ign is Ruggan.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

ever wonder what a cows head looks like from the inside out?

youre welcome

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

also, my bc flask looks like a shakeweight

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I doubt his ball peen hammer is big enough to do any real damage

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Power leveling mentalism and psychology were super easy with high sword too. Kur Tower + AOE let me grab packs of 400-750xp each (the zombies or the ghouls in the new area) and they clear quite fast.

Also not on - goin on vacay.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

You need gear for AOE parry / riposte. Beyond that, any straight up damage boosts are nice. The bonus damage on next attack after Wind Strike is also super useful to chain into an AOE parry or riposte for big damage.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wow, 100+ people? Last I was on, it was something in the range of 20-30 peak. Did the kickstarter bring that in?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hahha that's hilarious

Could have made you misschrist tho and then you could have rp'd a fundie. As it stands now you just sound like a guy named Chris with a piss fetish

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wasn't that long ago!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

tater_salad posted:

I'm looking for a casual MMO where I can hop on, slay some poo poo, then hop off for awhile, not grind 100x for a lovely sheild fo gorgon where I need to kill 100 spiders and hope that they drop 50 spider eggs to take ot the emerald former so they can make the gem I need at a 50% chance.

I want to log on, kill poo poo, get better, kill poo poo.. then log off, then later on log on and kill poo poo. etc

yeah this game is pretty easy to play casually and have fun, and I actually mean that as opposed to people saying "yeah play casually while we raidfarm"

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Tanners posted:

Personally, I liked Pisschris.

me too, favorite name change

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Inimicul posted:

Shields and bows go in off-hand. Battle Chemistry has items that can go in either primary or secondary. Everything else is primary.

Don't forget Psychology and Mentalism which can also be used primary/secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Inimicul posted:

Those don't have required focus items. You can use those with anything.

Right. I must have misunderstood the question. I thought he was looking for skills that could be used offhand in conjunction with a primary of choice.