Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

30.5 Days posted:

If you talk to the stablemaster as a pig, he tells you that while he is willing to house your pets, provided that they cannot talk, he does not trust talking animals and you'd better not try to sneak into the stable pretending to be someone else's pet because he knows what you look like now and he'll recognize you.
Can you sneak into the stable pretending to be a pet if you avoid talking to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Tell me more about weird death punishments. Are they permanent? Can you become an armored cow forever?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Are there guilds in this? I don't like soloing MMOs

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Hehe, you're the anti-me, I hate people in MMOs (yes I know that is not logical).
Yea.. without other people MMOs are just shittier RPGs, you might as well play something decent like the Witchers

Jackard fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 21, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Seems useful

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Spoiled by the swarms of folk rushing from '!' to '?' as fast as possible and in as few clicks as possible. People ruin MMOs, a few good people can make them a lot more fun sure but good luck stumbling across them.
Well yea, if your only interaction with other players is having them run past you..?

Noticed this game has a friendslist and partying, but can't seem to find anything about guilds.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 22, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

- The second zone is not significantly more dangerous and there's a lot of stuff that's less dangerous than the worst stuff in the first zone. So maybe head over there, give it a try if you want more stuff to murder.
I mistakenly paid 200g to a boatman near the edge of the map to take me somewhere called Sun Vale

Just wanted to give people a heads up because that is NOT a friendly place for newbies

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

gnomers posted:

I was intrigued so I tried it out. Played for around an hour and it is fun. In as wasubi. We should pester the creator for guilds.
Apparently this wont let you add contacts without meeting them in person, so yea definitely

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Strotski posted:

This is a good game and you should play it.
MMOHMO.avi

Server just went down for an update

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ratzap posted:

Not mentioned in the OP but worth bringing up for new starts like myself: Hanging out. One of the options when talking to NPCs is to 'Hang out' with them when your character logs off. I picked the longer option with the spoon lady NPC in the starter cave yesterday and when I logged in again today she taught me 5 unarmed combat skills. I chose the appetizing sounding 'Hang out to check each other for lice' option before the downtime. So in summary, pick a hang out option with an NPC and get favour plus something for being logged out.
Thanks, this should help me level fire magic without paying through the nose for it. Its supposedly an advanced skill but gently caress that.

IGN Najaran.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Launcher keeps freezing up on me - is that from the server being down or something else?

(its different each time)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

According to the forum you have to redownload the launcher, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

http://projectgorgon.com/forum/support/297-can-t-log-in-since-update

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I can't find the Hang Out option, where is it? Is there a requirement?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This looks like a totally different game, how old is this screenshot ??

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

On the other hand, the current face models are the stuff of nightmares. I'd upload a gif but my launcher is broken again :laffo:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

[The crypt is] behind the town. Go waaay south and a bit east until you start seeing skeletons.
If you go northeast of town there is a portal at the bottom of a lake leading to some sewers, and those sewers also lead to the crypt. But they are super boring.

E: Finally got past the launcher and I can login, but now the game won't let me past the loading screen after character selection. Chat showed up once though.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 23, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

E: Anyone that wants to level Foraging, grab a Handsaw for 75g from the gardener in the starting town (marked with a green dot) then head to the red area and look for oak wood, tends to spawn in threes:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 24, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

You have to be close enough to punch them, its super annoying.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Anybody up for a group tonight? Getting tired of just barely dying to stuff I should be able to take.

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, you need to build friendship with NPCs before they will hang out with you.
Velkort the fire teacher likes exotic potions or weird animal trophies. So I gave him a 4000g undeer juice (sic) and ranked up, but that elven son of a bitch still won't hang out with me. :argh:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 24, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

IGNs posted so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

No clue on difficulty levels since everywhere I go seems to kill me. A traitorous spider helped me through the crypts the other day so I think two people can take those.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 1, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm sure you would have been mortified at how helpful he was, killing his own kind down there in the dark. Never did catch his name!

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 24, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well, what about help from human players? Apparently trade interface doesn't work, but you can always drop items

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Currently working on Foraging so I can gather the cotton needed for Textiles and eventually move onto Tailoring.

mushroom_spore posted:

Wait, trade interface doesn't work at all, or it only doesn't work for animals? :aaa:
Not at all, iirc it tells you to drop items on the ground. :laffo:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

drat... will anyone that finds cotton do me a favor and hang onto it? Supposed to spawn in the second zone but:

• Only saw it in a small area near the keep
  • So hard to see that the wiki recommends using tab targeting
  • Harvesting requires 15 Foraging
  • You need a loving ton of it

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Now how's that a crime when they have these sex elves running around everywhere

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

There is a separate keybind for targeting things that are neither player nor enemy. Helpful even in town - you can use it to find Lore objects

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I used one, PM me here for replacement

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

From what I've seen you cannot share words of power through whispers, but you might be able to in the friendslist quote or the LFG message at the bottom of the Persona window. Still needs testing

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I don't remember where you find the word of power recipe, but you need crab meat, salt and water for it

Tasty crabs can be found in the moat around the starter town or any body of water... Use tab targeting to find them easier

Crab meat recipe is bought off innkeeper for 250g

Water bottles are bought off gardener for 100g and can be refilled at well or any body of water

glug posted:

Instant Death - FADYUB

edit: just tell someone FAD YUB, and they can remove the space when they say it man. Easy to share.
Didn't consider that... works for telling friends word of power, but mainly I wanted to lure unsuspecting global chatters into INSTANT DEATH and the space seems impractical for that

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 27, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Um, don't be an animal before you know what's going on, makes everything grindier and harder

Do favors (quests) for vendors to build rep before giving them gifts for rep.

Rep (favor) unlocks skills/recipes/items for sale and offline hangout activities, also gives more money for selling loot

Anything you interested in particularly?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 27, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

Binding your teleport circle
What

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

You know, there are teleport spells
Where do you get them? Is there a requirement?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Yea but with all this self-sufficient crafting runaround I'm kinda tired of learning one piddly thing after another,

so anyone got Amethysts for teleportation?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

All my hangouts vanished from NPCs I could previously hang out with, :wtc:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Octave posted:

Did your favor go down with the NPCs? That might happen in a big way if you come to town with summoned skeletons for instance. They don't like necromancy.
No it is the same level as before. :psyduck:ing here

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

wtsnaename posted:

I think the intent is to force you to cooperate with other tradeskill er rather than build all of those skills up yourself. It's still rough that way, but not nearly as bad if you have two other people supporting your masochism.
On the other hand, people here are still stuck in the mindset of saying "level it yourself" so,

e: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 2, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Google doc could be handy, but many of the skills and recipes in this game are irrelevant for groups and no point including them - especially for manual entry.

Will take a look, this isn't a pvp game so there's no need for anything complex like the Age of Wushu docs, but having one might help things run smoother.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 1, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Alright, here's one open to edits. Let me know if I missed anything relevant:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wAAImwbD1J0gwnwnDxR6FASnJzM9ghDdkNO3IsA372c/edit?usp=sharing

(remember this is opt-in, only put down the stuff you care to share)

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 1, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

mushroom_spore posted:

What's LTR stand for?
Leatherworking. Click + mousehovering over each title should show a "validation" tooltip describing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Just found out the game rerolls loot every time you click the button... if you are familiar with drops this means you can weight looting towards stacked items if your inventory is full.

Most of the time that's not a good thing - but some objects drop fire dust, bronze coins and so on

Jackard fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 2, 2015