Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

I am running around in a cave, befriending rats and kicking everything to death because I am an intelligent cow. I have a feeling this will probably be frustrating later but for now I'm having a lot of fun.

EDIT:

A Jupiter posted:

Its 2am and I'm supposed to be asleep but this intrigued me enough to download it and start playing.

I know it's early in development, but this looks like some mockup MMO a TV show would do when they show an MMO.

But I love how in the first hour I've levelled up Gourmet and Mycology skills, milked a player controlled cow, and gotten a pork shoulder from killing a wolf.

This seems like one of these games I'll play just to see more of it.
It's you! You milked me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Eonwe posted:

now you are making me want to play it

You can be transformed into one of 5 different animals (cow, pig, spider, werewolf, I forget the last one) which each have their own 50-level progression path of combat ability and armor. Cows can be milked by other players and eventually learn how to milk themselves.
You can learn the art of necromancy, which levels up only through the act of dying in new situations (might only mean different mob types, haven't tested extensively).
You can mix and match any combination of two combat skill trees to make any class archetype you want

It's all horrendously ugly and has a fair bit of bugs, plus a ridiculous grind for certain things (want to talk to merchants? go gather 20 apples, of which only one spawns randomly during a 20min-1hr window in 3 different locations!) but it's fun as hell to run around befriending rats and becoming the Cow Necromancer God-King of Ratkind for a few hours.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

It's only if you're an animal. That doesn't remotely excuse it, though, it's loving awful.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Jackard posted:

Tell me more about weird death punishments. Are they permanent? Can you become an armored cow forever?

Yes and no. It's a permanent curse which you can remove by either doing a grindy quest or killing the boss that cursed you, but you don't ever actually have to do it. So you can be an armored cow forever.